Register
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.20.12 @ 08:26 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Cabo Wabo Washburn

Anyone remember seeing a Cabo Wabo Washburn guitar that Sammy Hagar endorsed about 10 years ago? Musicians Friend had them in their catalog for a little while in the mid 90's, maybe for like 6 months. I remember them being about $350-$450 bucks. It was a double cutaway solid body electric. I think they came in two colors, red or yellow and were equipped with a stop tail piece. The 12th fret said Cabo Wabo on it. I'm sure these weren't amazing guitars but I would like to get my hands on one. Maybe I should try ebay. In the past ebay hasn't had them. I think these guitars are pretty cool from a collectors standpoint since they were only out for a little while. Even though they may not be worth much, they are kind of unique.
    As usual, there is a great woman behind every idiot.
    - John Lennon

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

04.17.06 @ 07:15 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I remember seeing them. They were Sammy's signature Washburns. Obviously not many of them were made because they didn't stay on the market for very long. I actually thought about getting one on ebay for around $250 used several years ago. Haven't seen any since.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

I love them all!!!!
    Last Online

02.09.16 @ 03:21 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Not sure if this is the guitar your talking about or not but I found this website that has a sammy hagar washburn and it's new old stock thought about buying it a few times!! The website isn't set up good at all you'll have to just look arounf the page but it's there.
    Sean

http://www.crescentcitymusic.biz/WEG.htm

Favorite VH Album

All of em, except for III
    Favorite VH Song

Too many to name
    Last Online

07.16.12 @ 10:56 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yea I remember those. I think it was some time last year I was searching all over the place to find a picture of one. I can't remember where I found it at - it might even have been someone on this site that pointed it out - maybe there's even an old thread about it, but not sure.

I have seen them on EBay - but very rarely. If I remember correctly that was a Licensed Floyd on there, not a stop tail though.
    FUCK THE DUMB SHIT!!!!

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

01.27.07 @ 12:06 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Cabo Wabo Washburn strat

I have one- but I'm selling it through a shop in London. It's in good shape- yellow version, w/ floating Floyd, maple neck, 1 vol pot. missing back cover plate and case.
    http://home.btconnect.com/aguitar/da.../Electrics.htm

It's got good action, and sounds good- great for playin I Can't Drive 55- era songs. Sellin it so I can get a new half-stack.

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Sam's new signature guitar with Yamaha is a way better instrument, and it even still has the Cabo Wabo inlay. The store I teach at carries these model Yamahas, and if they fit my likes at all I would for sure buy one.

http://www.yamaha.com/Artists/Artist...ARTIST,00.html

Last Online

08.09.10 @ 04:47 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Warmoth View Post
    Anyone remember seeing a Cabo Wabo Washburn guitar that Sammy Hagar endorsed about 10 years ago? Musicians Friend had them in their catalog for a little while in the mid 90's, maybe for like 6 months. I remember them being about $350-$450 bucks. It was a double cutaway solid body electric. I think they came in two colors, red or yellow and were equipped with a stop tail piece. The 12th fret said Cabo Wabo on it. I'm sure these weren't amazing guitars but I would like to get my hands on one. Maybe I should try ebay. In the past ebay hasn't had them. I think these guitars are pretty cool from a collectors standpoint since they were only out for a little while. Even though they may not be worth much, they are kind of unique.
    Until 4 years ago I had a yellow one I got off of Ebay that was brand new. They were a limited production, 75 in yellow and 75 in red. Got divorced had to sell, now that was a sad day!!!! Sold to another Sam fan who had it signed and hung in a case on his office wall in New York.