Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:10 AM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

Default Fuck it, Its time for Gary

I just downloaded ROMEO DELIGHT AND HUMANS BEING from the 3 tour and Gary pulled off those songs so fucking incredibly and he even remembers the fucking words too.

Too bad VH3 had such piss poor production because I have been listening it alot lately while going to and from work and it sounds pretty damn good on the truck stereo.

Eddie has a problem with Sammy, Everybody has a problem with Dave. Time for them to work with the guy that they didn't have a problem with once again. Some of us "fans" had a problem with Gary. Me not being one of them.

People want to here the classic VH songs in concert, if Dave can go out and play them with 3 "other" dudes and nobody seems to care that its not VH, then why can't VH go out with some other dude that can actually sing?
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Last Online

12.18.17 @ 01:12 AM
    Liked 1,633 Times in 1,004 Posts

Donor

LOFL!

Fuckin' Eddymon.

Seriously, man, you are the Queen of Flip Flopping. You jump ship more than drowning rats.

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:10 AM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen
    LOFL!

Fuckin' Eddymon.

Seriously, man, you are the Queen of Flip Flopping. You jump ship more than drowning rats.
    I just want to hear VH music again, I really don't care who is singing. But someone who can maybe come in and bring some stability to the band would be good.
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Eddymon
    I just want to hear VH music again, I really don't care who is singing. But someone who can maybe come in and bring some stability to the band would be good.

If you want to hear VAN HALEN again, it's got to be Dave or Sam.

If you want to hear Eddie collaborate with other musicians, super duper. Totally different.

One more time, just for shits and grins and giggles...Ed is not Van Halen. Ed is Ed. Van Halen is a living, breathing entity comprised of not less than 4 of 5 individuals.

Anything else is the Eddie Van Halen Project, Soup du Jour.
    Last edited by Van Squalen; 03.20.06 at 12:36 PM.

Favorite VH Album

fair warning, women & children
    Favorite VH Song

unchained,take your whiskey
    Last Online

11.30.15 @ 02:22 PM
    Liked 14 Times in 8 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen
    If you want to hear VAN HALEN again, it's got to be Dave or Sam.

If you want to hear Eddie collaborate with other musicians, super duper. Totally different.

One more time, just for shits and grins and giggles...Ed is not Van Halen. Ed is Ed. Van Halen is a living, breathing entity comprised of not less than 4 of 5 individuals.

Anything else is the Eddie Van Halen Project, Soup du Jour.
    Do you really want to go at this again?
    IF it doesnt have EVH, nothing else matters..it aint VH.
    you can argue all the other combo's you want, all day and into the next millenia when VH may release their next song, but if EVH aint on it, it aint VH.
    THat is the only definitive with this band.

And you cant disagree. You may add to it, but on face, you cannot disagree. noone can.
    Eddie is the greatest, period

The Unofficial VHLinks RRHOF

SkyyeFM-Radio without the Rules(Webpage)

Pope Of Greenwich Village SuckaInA3Piece's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

08.28.17 @ 03:27 PM
    Liked 98 Times in 54 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by perticelli
    you can argue all the other combo's you want, all day and into the next millenia when VH may release their next song, but if EVH aint on it, it aint VH.

And you cant disagree. You may add to it, but on face, you cannot disagree. noone can.
    And that same thought process has gotten Mikey treated like a hired hand for years now. Ed is not Van Halen. Edward, Alex, Mike, Sam and DLR are Van Halen. Yes his guitar sound and songwriting are the backbone, but so are the backing vocals, pounding bass, obnoxious lyrics, jungle drums and banshee like screams. It's all of em man, not just Edward.
    "It's always a Catch-22 situation. They hate you if you're the same, and they hate you if you're different."
    ~Eddie Van Halen~

"The perfect woman has an IQ of 150, wants to make love until 4 in the morning, and then turns into a pizza."
    ~David Lee Roth~

Sucka'sFacebook

Last Online

07.27.11 @ 07:16 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'll agree with the original post...

I would like to see Mikey, Alex, Eddie, and Gary live play some Van Halen or CVH if you prefer, Van Halen or Van Hagar if you prefer, and some Van Halen or VH3 which ever you prefer...

It's music not semantics

Wait, I take all that back...I would rather them all sit at home, do nothing, and I just log in here everyday and debate "who was better: dave or sam"...

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Good Enough/Little Guitars
    Last Online

06.25.15 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 42 Times in 11 Posts

I'm actually patient for VH music, Eddymon, and heres why:

I became a VH fan in 2000, and waited five fucking years for new music from VH. How long has it been since we've all seen just a little bit of Van Halen music? About a year and 3/4. We were pounded by rumors from VH camp in 2000-2001 about Dave being back, and did we get the album we were promised? Nope.

Let's think guys: Its bad now, but IMO it was worse then. There's more hope now than before, and we're not being let down with rumors by these guys again.

This is the main reason why I don't see a point in all these Van Halen bashing threads. Things were worse back then. Why can't we just look at it that way, and get rid of the Eddie and / or band bashing threads and threads about it being all down to Gary? Is anyone else feeling the same way I do?

I'm remaining patient with the band. All I know is next time we see an album and tour, I'll be seeing a minimum of five shows and buying the album the day of release. No questions asked.

-Zach
    "I respect that youre passionate about this but what your saying is complete idiocy..." - MF5150 on McDonald's "preying" on young kids.

"He was born a human, he's a horse's ass by proxy." - It's Mike on Eddymon.

Last Online

07.27.11 @ 07:16 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vhrocks2005
    I'm actually patient for VH music, Eddymon, and heres why:...
    First off, I repect your comments and I think it is cool that you are 14 and a VH fan. I think we were let down by rumors back then because we still had some hope and very little word from the VH camp. Now, we can listen to Dave on the radio and know that there is nothing in the works with him and VH. Mikey gives an interview that pretty much states it like it is, and I for one believe him. Through interviews we can pretty much infer how Sammy feels about the situation...he wants no part of it. So that leaves us with Gary.

Some of us have a little more history with "holding on" just because we are a little older. We have been through it several times, but me personally...and maybe I am reading too much into the little insights that we get from each person in the band...I don't forsee much happening in the future. The key is, I could be wrong and you should stand beside what you believe...holding on and keeping the dream alive...

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Good Enough/Little Guitars
    Last Online

06.25.15 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 42 Times in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blount5150
    First off, I repect your comments and I think it is cool that you are 14 and a VH fan. I think we were let down by rumors back then because we still had some hope and very little word from the VH camp. Now, we can listen to Dave on the radio and know that there is nothing in the works with him and VH. Mikey gives an interview that pretty much states it like it is, and I for one believe him. Through interviews we can pretty much infer how Sammy feels about the situation...he wants no part of it. So that leaves us with Gary.

Some of us have a little more history with "holding on" just because we are a little older. We have been through it several times, but me personally...and maybe I am reading too much into the little insights that we get from each person in the band...I don't forsee much happening in the future. The key is, I could be wrong and you should stand beside what you believe...holding on and keeping the dream alive...
    I became a VH fan at the worst possible time, LOL.

I know the majority have been through those "holidng on" stages longer than I have. I've read the Mike interview, Sam wants no part of it, Dave isn't in the equation right now, so yeah, that leaves Gary. However, I read an interview about six months ago from Gary around '01 mentioning how Eddie is "a miserable person". That's basically why I rule Gary out right off the bat.

I mention this all the time, but I do recall Sammy saying last year "When Mikey and I get the call from 5150 Studios by the brothers telling us that they are ready to record, you bet your ass I'll be on a plane down there right afterwards." A comment like that really gives me hope.
    "I respect that youre passionate about this but what your saying is complete idiocy..." - MF5150 on McDonald's "preying" on young kids.

"He was born a human, he's a horse's ass by proxy." - It's Mike on Eddymon.

Last Online

12.11.17 @ 06:55 PM
    Liked 183 Times in 80 Posts

I became a fan in '98 right after the tour ended...How's that for terrible timing? Fortunately, I got a chance in '04 and went to two shows. The Toronto show was one of the best I've seen/heard judging from the bootlegs, but both the Buffalo and Toronto shows were the most fun I've seen on a stage. Those guys really loved each other then. Anyway, I really like VH3 and I would be ecstatic if Gary returned. I actually think Gary had more input on the album than you guys think. Those are certainly Gary melodies, and I don't think Ed was sitting there going, "sing this higher" all the time. Eddie just played stuff that demanded a higher range because he was used to it. Gary's voice was still rough from surgery, and it improved as the tour progressed. The guy is a great vocalist and if the band wants to move on...which I don't think they do right now...but if they do, Gary is the right man.

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

10.26.17 @ 10:46 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

I've never heard Eddie play guitar any better than he did on the 98 tour. And with the lack of Van Halen material out at the moment, I'd take Gary over nothing. (That makes it sound like I hate VH 3, which is much too strong a statement)

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Blood & Fire
    Last Online

03.13.13 @ 09:54 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I don't give a shit who's singing as long as eddie is playing. (sober)
    I think I joked on this point yesterday when I said Gwen Stafani would be alright with me. I don't have any hang ups at all about vh legacy and all that nonsense. eddie! eddie! eddie! stefani! stefani! stedfani!

It's just a joke.
    Last edited by vistadelrey; 03.20.06 at 03:13 PM.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:18 PM
    Liked 1,390 Times in 763 Posts

A lot of people here (myself included) are frustrated coz we feel that VH could be out there kicking ass and taking names. We've seen them doing that, resisting and surviving new wave, grunge, etc.
    It's like an athlete getting ready for the Olympics and then twisting their ankle walking down the stairs - it really don't need to be. It's such a let down.
    Little Dreamer

Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by SuckaInA3Piece
    And that same thought process has gotten Mikey treated like a hired hand for years now. Ed is not Van Halen. Edward, Alex, Mike, Sam and DLR are Van Halen. Yes his guitar sound and songwriting are the backbone, but so are the backing vocals, pounding bass, obnoxious lyrics, jungle drums and banshee like screams. It's all of em man, not just Edward.
    You'd think that simple fact would be a given, especially in this joint.

Dude, you're not getting it, just like you didn't 'get' it last time. Yep, you're right, it ain't VH without Ed. Never said otherwise. The other members are equally as important to VAN HALEN, the band. I can disagree, Ed is NOT the only definitive component of this band to anybody who listens to Van Halen for the entire presentation, not just the axe work. To you, maybe, since you're able and willing to accept Van Halen with Boy George on vocals as long as Ed's playing the gee-tar. Many of us, however, view the band's greatness as the sum of its parts. While you may believe everyone else in the band to be replaceable, many others see the holistic All is One nature of true Van Halen. To be honest, I believed exactly the same thing when Dave left, and was certain Van Halen was dead for good, and to this day I still think Sam was a fluke, a stroke of good fortune when virtually any other replacement would've crashed and burned after the bombastic era of Diamond Dave (had Ed himself not already been headed down the ballad/keyboard road further away from his brown sound roots, Sam would've made even more of an impact in the hard rock world, methinks).

So in summary - No, Ed isn't Van Halen incarnate. The other four are just as essential. The reason we don't HAVE any real Van Halen music since Balance, as Sucka eloquently noted, is because Ed came to believe otherwise, much as you do. And no, five songs to promote a couple of Greatest Hits albums (only two and a half of which were worth a damn), plus - ahem - that 1998 thingie don't really count as real Van Halen.

Why do we have to keep explaining this to you? Future reminders may result in possible ridicule.
    Last edited by Van Squalen; 03.20.06 at 05:52 PM.