Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Last Online

05.14.12 @ 09:29 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Ed's so tight with the VH stuff...

...I was surpised to see "Panama" on the in game song selection list for Gran Turismo 4 for PS2 !

Ed, if yer listening. I'd like ta race ya in Gran Turismo 4 and if I win you get yer ass back in the studio! I'll even "air guitar" to Panama while we race.

P.S. BYOB
    Last edited by bullitt; 03.19.06 at 10:03 PM.
    -"There's a little bit of VH in everyone"- AVH

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

07.10.08 @ 07:22 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If you go into him in which he crashes into a wall, you better be wearing a cup.
    "I am the party" ~David Lee Roth

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood P.
    Uhura: Mr. Spock, what happened?
    Spock: The occipital area of my head seems to have impacted with the arm of the chair.

Hang 'Em High James in New York's Avatar
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 06:53 PM
    Liked 2,082 Times in 675 Posts

Maybe Wolfie and him play PS2

Favorite VH Album

fair warning, women & children
    Favorite VH Song

unchained,take your whiskey
    Last Online

11.30.15 @ 02:22 PM
    Liked 14 Times in 8 Posts

Donor

i would love to know their online name for ps2..that would be fun. no talking, just racing or whatever they play..and then, if we buiolt up a rivalry, which happens on there, we could introduce some bets..of the musical kind.
    Eddie is the greatest, period

The Unofficial VHLinks RRHOF

SkyyeFM-Radio without the Rules(Webpage)

Hang 'Em High
    Favorite VH Album

You name it
    Favorite VH Song

See above
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:06 AM
    Liked 226 Times in 162 Posts

Wow, you know we've hit rock bottom when...lol

Last Online

07.31.17 @ 10:58 PM
    Liked 94 Times in 60 Posts

if eddie is so tight about everyone elses stuff, you can imagine how bad he must have freaked out when the rest of them hassled his guitar company changing, and him striping everything and those cheap charvels they are selling.

i bet he lost it hypocrite style.

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I kinda been thinkin bout the whole endorsing thing with Ed gettin all legal and restricting on what's allowed/not allowed at VH concerts etc. At first I thought he's just bein a prick and may be somewhat jealous of Sam and his Tequila and Mike's Hotsause, but I'm thinkin this isn't the case. Ed does what kind of endorsing? Most if not all I've seen have been directly music related, which is what he's all about, no? The D-tuna...the guitars....the amps etc. What Sam and Mike are doin is using the music to sell thier unrelated to music wares. Is that wrong?....dunno. Guess it all depends on who ya are. For Ed, it's a no-no cause it's usin the music for the wrong reasons. Kinda reminds ya that Ed is a real musician............that likes to drink alot !

Favorite VH Album

Changes On A Daily Basis
    Favorite VH Song

Ditto
    Last Online

07.10.17 @ 08:25 AM
    Liked 131 Times in 74 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RevolutionMan
    if eddie is so tight about everyone elses stuff, you can imagine how bad he must have freaked out when the rest of them hassled his guitar company changing, and him striping everything and those cheap charvels they are selling.

i bet he lost it hypocrite style.
    what?
    The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
    -H.S.T

This next part could really confuse things. Let's stay focused. #asis

Last Online

07.31.17 @ 10:58 PM
    Liked 94 Times in 60 Posts

what? well if eddie freaks out on mikey and sam for selling their products right, and he has this large ego problem, i bet he freaking flipped out when anyone else asked him what the deal was with all these guitar companies, and anything associated with eddie for sale. i thought it was clear before...

Last Online

12.13.17 @ 09:54 PM
    Liked 1,607 Times in 989 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by bullitt
    I kinda been thinkin bout the whole endorsing thing with Ed gettin all legal and restricting on what's allowed/not allowed at VH concerts etc. At first I thought he's just bein a prick and may be somewhat jealous of Sam and his Tequila and Mike's Hotsause, but I'm thinkin this isn't the case. Ed does what kind of endorsing? Most if not all I've seen have been directly music related, which is what he's all about, no? The D-tuna...the guitars....the amps etc. What Sam and Mike are doin is using the music to sell thier unrelated to music wares.

Don't forget milk. Or baseball caps. Or pewter necklaces. Or leather wristbands, keychains, pins, buttons, can koozies, dog tags, clothing, zippos, and cameras. Oh, and fifty dollar guitar picks made for ten cents apiece.

If it's striped, it must be music-related.

Favorite VH Album

All of them!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/ Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

04.08.16 @ 04:20 PM
    Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

I get Eddie on this one...

I agree with Ed on this. WTF has Cabo Wabo Have to do with VH. It's not owned by the band anymore,only Sam I Am and ironicly was a problem amongst many of Sam quitting the band. As for the Hot Sauce, WTF?

Ed sells music related products of which were not posted in arenas or talked about; "Waitress, bring me a new striped phase 90"

Here is proof of what I'm saying. ED said nothing when Sam endorsed Washburn guitars or Crate amps which were specific to Sam I Am.

I have seen Mikey in many, many signature Bass guitars, strings blah, blah ads and Ed didn't say shit.

Why should you promote something like hot sauce or tekillya ( I call it that) on the VH dime? Ed and Al weren't and let's not forget the band is VAN FUCKIN HALEN not Van Anthony or Van Hagar to some peoples displeasure.

Plus finally one more thing. There is no band. Mike is a hired hand on the last tour as he pointed out and Sammy did not "rejoin" against popular belief. He essentially agreed to the reunion tour per contract through Irving Azoff nothing past that obviously! So why shouldn't a Band with 2 brothers who by the way write all the music as we know from Mike's interview and let's face it my first grader could have penned the lyrics on those 3 new ones. So I agree whole heartedly there should have been some stipulations as set by the Van Halen brothers. If Sam and Mike were so put out by it, don't sign the contract and don't do the fucking tour. Sour Grapes!

Besides Sam I Am has made many, many, many millions off his shitty tekillya
    and old Mikey is part owner of Disney World. WTF are they hurtin over a few bucks for on these 2 bottles of crap.

Now, don't get me wrong Mike, I love ya. I hope if the band ever hits the launch sequence again you are on board. But I'm gonna have to say I hope $am will not be suiting up. I'm sick of all his shit, running mouth and Jimmy Buffet act. And my God that new song is fucking horrible and anybody that likes it "sucks cock by choice" Deadwood quote!
    Last edited by smme5150; 03.22.06 at 05:21 PM.

Last Online

10.23.15 @ 04:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I guess Pepsi and Nissan were music related too? Edward himself said that he might as well make money from the endorsement since they could use the music without VH playing it and they wouldn't get paid much of anything.

Note to Edward:

I love you Edward and always will but that doesn't mean you are always right and this stinks of sour grapes. You were "forced" by Sammy to have Mikey back for the reunion. You gave in but made Mikey take a pay cut. Seeing that he might benefit with a tie in of the hot sauce, you made sure that was limited as much as you could as well. Man, let it go. You might find some peace in your life without all the anger. You don't want to leave this world with regrets and/or bad feelings with those who have meant so much in your life.
    Last edited by loveevhsince79; 03.23.06 at 06:13 AM. Reason: It's early

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I guess its the endorsements that Mikey and Sam used the band's fame to sell a side lined business that took thier focus away from the band/music in some degree is what was the problem for Ed. I can honestly understand his point there. If I ran a business or project together with someone, and they used that business to promote another of thier own on the side, I'd soon realize that my partner isn't solely focused on the initial idea by being distracted by a second. Is it wrong for Ed to expect them not do expand and do something other than VH? Yeah I guess you could see it as a control freak kinda thing, but we all know what Ed was all about from the start. He's a musical genious and I can see it being his driving force. Sammy has a more business/have fun with it attitude and that's way kewl.

Is Ed to serious with the music? Ya maybe, but that's what makes him great musically. Is he a business man? Not from what I've seen so far. I guess it all comes down to choices and Dave, Sam and Mikey made thier's and ya, it wasn't to Ed's liking. Ed's doin his thing and really hasn't been complaining, he still makes his music and ya it sucks we as fans don't get to hear it. That part kinda ticks me off, but i'm sure we haven't heard the last of EVH !

Each member of this band had thier own hand in it's demise, and up until now Mikey's had the least involvement in that and that's why I repected him alot. We all knew Mikey was the most solid member of VH, no whining and fuckin around, and I just don't see what he had to gain by this. Was it to help Sam's arguement and put more blame on ED?....dunno. This last interview was kinda like a nail on the band's coffin. I'm hope'n it has the opposite affect, but I'm not holding my breath.

Last Online

12.13.17 @ 09:54 PM
    Liked 1,607 Times in 989 Posts

Donor

Don't kid yourself. Ed's a businessman.

Just a bad one.

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

12.12.16 @ 10:22 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bullitt
    I kinda been thinkin bout the whole endorsing thing with Ed gettin all legal and restricting on what's allowed/not allowed at VH concerts etc. At first I thought he's just bein a prick and may be somewhat jealous of Sam and his Tequila and Mike's Hotsause, but I'm thinkin this isn't the case. Ed does what kind of endorsing? Most if not all I've seen have been directly music related, which is what he's all about, no? The D-tuna...the guitars....the amps etc. What Sam and Mike are doin is using the music to sell thier unrelated to music wares. Is that wrong?....dunno. Guess it all depends on who ya are. For Ed, it's a no-no cause it's usin the music for the wrong reasons. Kinda reminds ya that Ed is a real musician............that likes to drink alot !
    I side with you. It is my opinion Sam's tequila and Mike's hot sauce should be promoted outside of the VH music world.