Register
    Favorite VH Album

('78-'84) VH 1; ('86-'95) 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Dave- I'm The One ; Sam- 5150
    Last Online

11.17.17 @ 12:11 PM
    Liked 1,033 Times in 543 Posts

Default Care to hear a couple of U2 covers?

I revamped New Years Day and I think it sounds much tighter than what I posted last week.

I also did I Will Follow. Not the toughest song in the world but it's a killer song and fun as hell to play.

I'd appreciate any feedback....both good and bad. Thanks.

Mike

http://www.angelfire.com/clone2/davi
    VH with Dave ('78-'84) - The best years....the "real" VH.
    VH with Sam ('86-'96) - Incredible era....."We have renamed this town 'New Halen!'.
    VH with Gary ('98) - Fucking disaster. WTF was that??
    VH with Wolf/Dave ('12-'15) - Amazing comeback. Smokin' album and tours.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Wow, tough crowd to please!

I know I didn't exactly throw Eruption or I'm The One at ya, but no comments at all? Anyone? Bueller?

I've only had an electric guitar for about 2 months.....I didn't expect it to be so drastically different from the acoustic. I feel like I'm learning a whole new animal dealing with strings that feel like dental floss, a real thin body, and the whole tone thing. I just picked up my acoustic again for the first time in 2 months and it felt like I had a car in my lap!! Wow, what a difference between these two!

I'm also new to recording myself and playing over a backing track....that in itself was a reality check in timing and keeping a beat.

Anyways, sorry if I'm a little jazzed about covering a couple of U2 tunes.......it was my first venture at recording myself and was just looking for opinions.
    Last edited by JumpTheHotTeacher; 03.17.06 at 07:32 AM.
    VH with Sam ('86-'96) - Incredible era....."We have renamed this town 'New Halen!'.

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:18 PM
    Liked 214 Times in 92 Posts

Dude, don't take this the wrong way, but this is a VH site. I think if you posted a ripping version of Eruption on a U2 site, people there wouldn't be very interested. I don't think the guitar players who frequent this site are too fond of The Edge's approach to the guitar, but I might be wrong. I wouldn't expect a U2 clip to generate much interest here though.

Having said that, I listened to your clips, and they sound pretty good. While I'm not much interested in that music, I am interested in how you got your sound-what amp, guitar, effects, how you recorded it etc. Those issues are always of interest to all guitar players. And yes, I agree, acoustic takes quite a bit of getting used to if you've been playing electric-they are very different instruments to me, but that probably has more to do with my skill level than anything else. Don't get discouraged by the less than enthusiastic response from the crowd here.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by vhin04
    Dude, don't take this the wrong way, but this is a VH site. I think if you posted a ripping version of Eruption on a U2 site, people there wouldn't be very interested. I don't think the guitar players who frequent this site are too fond of The Edge's approach to the guitar, but I might be wrong. I wouldn't expect a U2 clip to generate much interest here though.

Having said that, I listened to your clips, and they sound pretty good. While I'm not much interested in that music, I am interested in how you got your sound-what amp, guitar, effects, how you recorded it etc. Those issues are always of interest to all guitar players. And yes, I agree, acoustic takes quite a bit of getting used to if you've been playing electric-they are very different instruments to me, but that probably has more to do with my skill level than anything else. Don't get discouraged by the less than enthusiastic response from the crowd here.
    Hey, thanks for the response. And don't worry, I'm not copping an attitude in any way...hope it didn't come off that way. I know some guys around here can really rip it up and I'm nothing but chump change next to them. So, I certainly wouldn't expect people to fall over themselves over a couple of simple U2 songs. But sure, I guess I just thought there'd be a couple of comments after 60+ views. But really, it's no biggie.

As for my gear, you'd laugh if you saw it. I'm playing on a $99 Peavey Predator I got off Ebay and it's going through a $100 DigiTech RP100 processor (which I got on Ebay for $40!). From there it's just connected to the computer and I'm recording onto Cool Edit Pro. That's it...obviously nothing special! Laughable, actually.

Last Online

01.17.16 @ 03:27 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sounds pretty cool!! I love U2!!! I posted a cover of Vertigo a few months ago and didn't get too many comments either. (I guess VH and U2 don't mix) LOL
    "One volume knob and one pickup ? that's all there is to it. No fancy tone knobs over here!" -EVH