Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Romeo Delight
    Last Online

09.18.15 @ 11:05 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Default Where is Sammy's Mustang?

Check out who won the auction and where it's parked now. I wish I would have had room for it in my garage. But my wallet wouldn't allow it!

http://www.mikesclassiccars.net/
    Last edited by theeditor; 03.15.06 at 11:51 AM.
    ----------------
    SAMMY CREDITS
    Go There Once...Be There Twice, Sam I Am, The Long Road to Cabo, Things've Changed, Hallelujah, Mas Tequila, Cabo Wabo Tequila Spots, Tahoe Wabo content, and many other Sammy things....

Eruption
    Last Online

10.19.17 @ 03:51 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks for the post dude. I still can't believe he sold that car. It just isn't right.

Later.

"F" THE ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

strung out....
    Last Online

02.28.14 @ 07:54 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Man , that is niiiice.....

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

01.11.17 @ 01:37 PM
    Liked 19 Times in 6 Posts

At close to $200k for that car, dude overpayed. I was at Barrett - Jackson and got a few snaps of it in the lot. Auction stalled at about $130k, Sammy got on the mic and threw in some backstage passes and BLAM up to $190k or so.

There was an article in 'Automobile' magazine not too long ago talking to Hagar about his stable of cars. Ferrari 512, maybe a Daytona, Jag XKE, 65 Tbird, and this Shelby. Said it was 'too scary' since an engine rebuild boosted power thru the roof and he didn't drive it much. He was thinking of selling even then, according to the article.

Wasn't there a story of Hagar putting down a cool $1mil to get one of the first Ferrari F40's, and having his $$$ disappear with no car delivered?

Eruption
    Last Online

10.19.17 @ 03:51 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

"At close to $200k for that car, dude overpayed. I was at Barrett - Jackson and got a few snaps of it in the lot. Auction stalled at about $130k, Sammy got on the mic and threw in some backstage passes and BLAM up to $190k or so."

I know this isn't a Mustang forum, but you are right about overpayment. The car is nowhere near original. I'm a Mustang freak, judged 100s of shows, restore them on the side. Nice car, I love it. But if you told me I had to spend what that went for, I wouldn't have done it eventhough it was Sammy's. Realistic value of that car the way it is restored is anywhere between $80,000 to $130,000. So where it stalled out initially was about right. With these kinds of cars, the value is typically in originality. This car, drivetrain wise is no where near what that car came with, exterior color, etc.

Still love that car though.

I love watching Barrett-Jackson, but's it's typically a bunch of rich people having a pissing contest. It is affecting the muscle car market though as far as value because a lot of people watch it now. Makes the "value" of my Mustangs go up. But there is no way in hell I would look someone in the eye and ask Barrett-Jackson prices. Even taking out the commission factor.

Later.

"F" THE ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME!!!!!!!