07.17.06 @ 11:05 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Issac Hayes quits South Park...

Last Online

12.16.17 @ 12:44 PM
    Liked 1,618 Times in 995 Posts

Donor

Good old Scientology.

Too bad, Isaac. Fortunately, the brilliant satire of South Park will always trump a religion based on ancient alien spirits inhabiting our bodies.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

ALL---and 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Dreams-unchained
    Last Online

05.28.09 @ 03:53 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

CHEF is a hypocrite...YOU BASTARD!!

Favorite VH Album

dont ask i love em all
    Favorite VH Song

ARE U KIDDING ME
    Last Online

06.16.12 @ 03:16 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

life goes on..........

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

1978-1996
    Favorite VH Song

1978-1996
    Last Online

12.23.16 @ 10:32 AM
    Liked 2,068 Times in 1,102 Posts

Donor

Default Chef gives South Park the SHAFT

Quote Originally Posted by charlesresta
    CHEF is a hypocrite...YOU BASTARD!!
    No shit. I'm glad Matt responded to this bullshit.

I can't wait till the episode of South Park where they rip him a new asshole, you know they are putting it tegether as we speak

Sinner's Swing! the_atomic_punks_rule's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Today- Bottom's Up!
    Last Online

12.20.16 @ 03:09 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Its hard to believe the show has been on for ten seasons...

Some of my fave eps:

Here Comes the Neighborhood
    Simpsons Already Did It
    Raisins
    Cripple Fight
    Korn's Groovy Pirate Ghost Mystery
    The Entity (a.k.a. The Ginger Device)
    Krazy Kripples

Favorite VH Album

5150, Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance The Night Away, Dreams
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 03:26 PM
    Liked 34 Times in 10 Posts

I don't follow the show as closely as I used too, but I will be eagerly waiting for this one.
    "Viking - last to sleep, first to rise, last to leave, that's how the Nords of old rocked the house." ~ timmac in the 'Texas Linkers' thread talking about yours truly. :-)

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:57 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

'South Park's' Chef back -- but not Hayes
    New season will launch with 'Return of Chef'

Tuesday, March 21, 2006; Posted: 11:01 a.m. EST (16:01 GMT)

LOS ANGELES, California (Reuters) -- Soul singer Isaac Hayes may have quit his job as the voice of Chef on "South Park" after a disagreement over religion, but his character will live on when the satiric cable TV cartoon returns to Comedy Central this week, the network said Monday.

Hayes and his "South Park" alter ego are at the center of an ongoing flap over an episode last November that poked fun at the Church of Scientology and its celebrity adherents, including actor Tom Cruise.

The tenth season of "South Park" will launch Wednesday with a new episode titled "The Return of Chef!", marking the "triumphant homecoming" of lusty school cafeteria cook James "Chef" McElroy to the show, the network said in a statement.

Hayes, 63, himself a follower of Scientology, surprised producers a week ago by announcing he was leaving the series because he objected to its "inappropriate ridicule" of religion, though he made no reference to the show's spoof of Scientology last fall.

Two days later, Comedy Central abruptly pulled a scheduled repeat of that episode, titled "Trapped in the Closet." Sources close to the show said the rerun was canceled after Cruise threatened to boycott promotion of his upcoming film, "Mission: Impossible III," for sister studio Paramount Pictures. (Watch why Cruise was allegedly so upset -- 2:56)

Representatives for Cruise and the studio denied this. But "South Park" creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone fed the furor by issuing a statement suggesting the Church of Scientology was behind the decision to scrap the rerun.

The network has also noted that various religions including Christianity, Judaism and Islam have been targets of the show's satire since its inception.

The network statement announcing Chef's return for the "South Park" season premiere this Wednesday was a clear sign that Parker and Stone planned to use the Hayes imbroglio as further grist for their comedy.

"Knowing these guys as I do, I can't imagine that they're not going to do just that," Comedy Central spokesman Tony Fox told Reuters. He added that the producers routinely "turn around" new episodes in just six days, leaving them ample time to incorporate last week's dust-up into their season debut.

Fox said he assumed someone besides Hayes would supply Chef's voice. Details of the new episode were vague.

But a network synopsis said the fictional town of South Park, Colorado, is "jolted out of a case of the doldrums when Chef suddenly reappears," leading to new antics by the group of foul-mouthed fourth graders who are the show's stars.

"While Stan, Kyle, Kenny and Cartman are thrilled to have their old friend back, they notice that something about Chef seems different. When Chef's strange behavior starts getting him in trouble, the boys pull out all the stops to save him," the network said.

"South Park," launched in 1997, remains the highest-rated series on Comedy Central, which like Paramount, is owned by Viacom Inc.
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Favorite VH Song

Ain\'t talkin bout love
    Last Online

07.19.17 @ 06:26 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 12 Posts

Does anyone get the scientology rhetoric? I tried to read dianetics years ago but just couldn't seem to stay focused. The originator was a fucking science fiction writer for Christ sake.
    Know Roth
    Know Van Halen

No Roth
    No Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

12.20.07 @ 05:39 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by weesfreewheelin
    Does anyone get the scientology rhetoric? I tried to read dianetics years ago but just couldn't seem to stay focused. The originator was a fucking science fiction writer for Christ sake.
    Not at all. I don't know a damn thing about it. I went to a church of Scientology because I needed to write a paper on a religion other than my own and they wouldn't even talk to me. I would ask questions and they pretty much wanted me to convert before telling me really anything about it. Eventually I said fuck it and wrote about Budhism.

If anyone here knows anything about it, I'd love to know.

Last Online

02.05.13 @ 12:55 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I don't give a fuck about Chef. Let Mr. T take it over

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

02.10.10 @ 10:42 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I read the book on it he wrote in high school. My take on it then was it's basicly a mind over matter, holistic based religion. Nothing new about it. He borrowed it all from other different holistic based religions IMO. Not an original thought in the book and I figured that out in high school. I believe in the power of the human mind and always have to help self heal yourself. And that the best way is to avoid fillling yourself with chemicals if you can. But you have to have enough common sense to know when to get to the doctor when you need to for medicical help. These folks basically don't believe in modern medicine on a whole. We had a case over in Tampa a few years back regarding a couple that refused to get their daughter medicial care when she was sick because they were Scientologist. She died because of it when she could have been saved. They were charged and tried for murder. I believe they're in jail if memory serves me correctly.
    "Suppose you were an idiot ... And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
    --Mark Twain

There's no one as smart as a gambler at the track putting thier last $10.00 on the longest shot of the day.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

12.20.07 @ 05:39 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sunya
    I read the book on it he wrote in high school. My take on it then was it's basicly a mind over matter, holistic based religion. Nothing new about it. He borrowed it all from other different holistic based religions IMO. Not an original thought in the book and I figured that out in high school. I believe in the power of the human mind and always have to help self heal yourself. And that the best way is to avoid fillling yourself with chemicals if you can. But you have to have enough common sense to know when to get to the doctor when you need to for medicical help. These folks basically don't believe in modern medicine on a whole. We had a case over in Tampa a few years back regarding a couple that refused to get their daughter medicial care when she was sick because they were Scientologist. She died because of it when she could have been saved. They were charged and tried for murder. I believe they're in jail if memory serves me correctly.
    That's pretty much what Christian Scientists believe isn't it? Could that really be called religion? Sounds like crap to me.

Favorite VH Album

They're all shit
    Last Online

11.19.17 @ 09:41 AM
    Liked 34 Times in 20 Posts

Not a follower of any religion but obviously the subject is an interesting one so I like to look at things from time to time. The Scientology book I read,to me at least, just reeked of profit and ego. I was surprised some years later when what I thought was a science fiction womaniser's tribute to himself actually had a lot of followers. Whatever makes you happy I guess.
    A man could lose himself in a country like this.

My blog at http://tollins.blogspot.de/

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

02.10.10 @ 10:42 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Junior
    That's pretty much what Christian Scientists believe isn't it? Could that really be called religion? Sounds like crap to me.
    Yep, like I said, I think it's just a bunch of stuff he took from other holistic religions and put his own twist on it. I'm over simplifing it of course. Scientologists would tell you there is so much more to it. They of course are true believers. But that's just my take on it.
    "Suppose you were an idiot ... And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
    --Mark Twain

There's no one as smart as a gambler at the track putting thier last $10.00 on the longest shot of the day.