Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Last Online

11.07.08 @ 08:43 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default I just bought a new Vehicle

I feel sick attaching my self to a monthly payment. I bought a Toyota Sienna, I will try to post a pic of it later. My wife had a old Ford Windstar which was breaking down left and right. I work as a field service engineer and it was stressing me out when I was away in a different state working and she was having car troubles. The thought of her breaking down with 3 kids in the car was killing me, so I took the plunge.

I have always been a American car buyer but that Ford Windstar was nothing but trouble. The damn thing did not even get too hot and it blew the head. I replaced the engine and rebuilt the tranny because it was slipping. Not even a year after the repairs the tranny is shifting all over the place.

So I did some research and found that this Sienna is one of the best mini vans you can get, the only other one that is running neck and neck with it was the Honda Odessey. I got the Sienna because the parts were maufactured in the USA and it was also built in the USA, so I thought that was cool. So basically it was just designed in Japan.

After looking the van over with a close eye I have came to the conclusion that the Japenese did a very good job in designing it. I am happy with it, and all the stress and worry of my Family breaking down just melted away, well at least for little while. LOL

How do you guys feel about foreign cars?
    Have you bought a box of powdered water lately?

Last Online

07.05.17 @ 10:26 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Toyota's are awesome dude. My buddie has Supra which is almost completely STOCK and it tears the hell out of most of the rods we've run into. Not sure about Sienna, but japanese cars run for years without any repairment.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.07.17 @ 12:54 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bkaraujo
    You made a good choice...

My 99 Toyota Tacoma now has 140k... I've beaten the shit out of that truck in the woods and plowing snow for 4 years... Major repairs, rear axle seal due to wheeling, and the original alternator just went last month...

My wife just gave me her 95 Honda Civic... 214k miles, and no major repairs... I drive that when I tire of only getting 14MPG with my truck and would rather see my $25 of gas get 30MPG...

She now drives an AWD 2005 Mecury Mountaineer... I never thought I'd buy a Ford, so I can only hope it doesn't bite me on the ass after 40k miles...

Toyota/Honda, can't go wrong...
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

12.05.17 @ 03:19 AM
    Liked 49 Times in 30 Posts

I just took delivery of my new BMW 116i ES this morning and I'm a very happy guy right now. In a little while I'm going to go out and just cruise around for a while. My only problem so far is tending to stall it when I'm reversing on half clutch but that's just a matter of getting used to the feel of the clutch pedal and judging its biting point. Other than that, very cool so far.
    HERE AND GONE by Haylen Beck (Stuart Neville writing as...) - "It doesn't get better than this." - Lee Child, "Highly recommended." - Harlan Coben, "Cancel all your plans and settle in for the ride." - Ruth Ware, "This is a book that lives up to the buzz." - Alafair Burke

Summer 2017 UK & North America

Favorite VH Album

CVH minus DD, FUCK, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

11.18.14 @ 07:57 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Japanese cars are CHOICE investments.
    "Suck a fat one, faggot."
    -MikeL, showing off that sharp wit of his.

"You may recognize some of these chemicals. Let's start with cyanide...The one the Aum Shinrikyo cult attempted to use to commit mass murder in a Tokyo subway in May 1995...The same cyanide produced routinely--1.4 million tons per year--for use in the production of plastics, adhesives, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and so on. It seems that those who put small amounts of cyanide in subways are terrorists. But those who produce it in mass quantities and contaminate broad reaches of soil, water, and air, killing countless living beings, are not terrorists, but rather capitalists, and are counted among the finest and most powerful people on the planet."

-Derrick Jensen, "What We Leave Behind"

"You know what's weird to me is Christians who are against the death penalty. After all, if it weren't for the death penalty, we wouldn't celebrate Easter!"

-the late, great, Bill Hicks

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 11:15 AM
    Liked 340 Times in 184 Posts

Donor

Sounds like a typical Ford. My wife just bought an '06 4Runner and my '04 Tacoma is great!
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bkaraujo
    i'd probably buy a Benz before i ever considered a Japanese car. i'm factoring in my employee discount though, and not any dislike of Japanese cars.

my mom has a Kia Optima that's a nice little car. i borrowed it to drive to Detroit for the Stones show, around the time gas prices hit $2.50 last summer...it rides nice and has enough motor that passing isn't a struggle. would i buy one? probably not, but it's a good car for her.

i can't wait to see what these Chinese Cherys look like. Chinese cars are probably where Korean cars were 10-15 years ago, quality-wise, but i guess we'll find out.
    Last edited by twonabomber; 03.11.06 at 10:49 AM.
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 03:49 PM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

IMO you can not go wrong with a Toyota ever.

A few years ago my company purchased a 1988 Toyota 4runner from a friend for $3500. It had a banged up front end and 180,000 miles. Ordered the parts needed for the front end for about $250, had them painted to match the existing for $300. It now has 240,000 miles (I think). It is the most reliable vehicle in the ACR Construction stable, it never fails. It sits for months on end without anyone starting, it always starts and runs like a champ. One of my best friends owned a 1987 4 runner, he drove it till it had 280,000 miles on it. He never had one major problem with it, he sold it for $3000 and still see's it driving arounfd Missoula, MT.

Toyota's and Nissian's are extremely good vehicles.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 03:22 PM
    Liked 11,541 Times in 4,916 Posts

I am partial to Hondas. We still have my wife's old Honda as a third car that I use to go to work everyday, '91 2-dr Accord EX. Still running, 197,000 miles later and I still drive it 4 times a week. All I do is change the oil, and seems like it will run forever. I guess we technically have a Toyota too because my wife has a Lexus ES300 which has been an incredibly reliable, and very nice car.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Balance/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/5150/Don\'t Tell Me
    Last Online

04.29.16 @ 07:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brett
    .... my wife has a Lexus ES300 which has been an incredibly reliable, and very nice car.
    And who says internet advertising is "bringing home the bacon" ...

I'm rolling in a Scion xB....which is 100% Toyota. Ugly, choppy ride, no power....but $14,600 loaded is what I needed.

I'm 4 Hondas deep in life and never had a problem.

I have 85 GMC truck that always has some issue, but doesn't let me sit.

Mazda MPV is doing OK. The only issues I have with it are the Motor and Transmission..........both compliments of Ford. Trany slips and motor isn't as smooth as I used to with Hondas....and its a V6...you'd figure it would be a little smoother.

Thinking about a Honda Pilot, but can't see myself spending 30K on a car.........disgusting in my opinion, but maybe a nice used one for 25K.
    Actually I think most of us are Dave, Sam, and Mike fans. There's just a small group of people who have strange allegiances and like to get into petty pissing contests that I can't believe everyone on this site isn't bored of. - Brett

Sinner's Swing! the_atomic_punks_rule's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Today- Bottom's Up!
    Last Online

12.20.16 @ 03:09 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Honda- When you have a shot of the odometer actually flipping that is one hell of a car. (I have had 1 Acura at 540,000+ and an Accord at nearly 300,000.) And alot of these cars are built in the USA if you do some digging.

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

judgement day/ me wise magic
    Last Online

06.12.16 @ 07:51 PM
    Liked 15 Times in 11 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Brett
    I am partial to Hondas. We still have my wife's old Honda as a third car that I use to go to work everyday, '91 2-dr Accord EX. Still running, 197,000 miles later and I still drive it 4 times a week. All I do is change the oil, and seems like it will run forever. I guess we technically have a Toyota too because my wife has a Lexus ES300 which has been an incredibly reliable, and very nice car.
    yeah but that '05 Mustang isn't breaking your heart!!!!!
    """"\//-/""""

The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!

www.myspace.com/mikesisca

"If ladies want Valentines Day so bad either make Superbowl Sunday an actual holiday or give guys Steak and Blowjob Day and we'll call it even." T.RYAN, sharing thoughts on valentine's day.

" SHUT UP, FAGGOT." - Vinnie Velvet, showing off that sharp wit of his.

DIRTY SANCHEZ- It's not just for breakfast anymore!

“ Originally posted by FORD
    History tells us that oppressive nations build walls to keep people IN, not out.
    (See "Berlin Wall" and "Likud Israel" for examples) ” FORD- when i told him i'd build a wall between the US and Mexico.

then ill build it from the mexican side. -my reply.