Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Good Enough
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 12:26 PM
    Liked 37 Times in 19 Posts

Default 16 year old Derek Trucks

Probably not too many Derek Trucks fans in here, but I thought I'd pass along this link to some video footage taken when he was just sixteen years old. Two years later, at the ripe age of eighteen, he was a permanent member of the Allman Brothers Band. By the way, He just released a new CD with the Derek Trucks band, and will be touring Europe as the third guitarist in Eric Clapton's touring band. All this in the middle of the annual ABB summer tour. Of course, being that Derek plays Duane Allman almost as well as Duane, people are wondering if there may be some Derek and the Dominoes stuff lined up for the Clapton tour. Anyway, enjoy......I hope the link works... http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...9=derek+trucks
    Last edited by chain; 03.10.06 at 09:32 AM.

Pope Of Greenwich Village SuckaInA3Piece's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

08.28.17 @ 03:27 PM
    Liked 98 Times in 54 Posts

Donor

Can't wait to check that link out when I get in. If you get a chance, pick up the April 2006 Guitar Player mag. Derrick is on the cover, and there's a nice section on him in there. Great fuckin guitar player for being so young.
    "It's always a Catch-22 situation. They hate you if you're the same, and they hate you if you're different."
    ~Eddie Van Halen~

"The perfect woman has an IQ of 150, wants to make love until 4 in the morning, and then turns into a pizza."
    ~David Lee Roth~

Sucka'sFacebook

Good Enough
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by SuckaInA3Piece
    Can't wait to check that link out when I get in. If you get a chance, pick up the April 2006 Guitar Player mag. Derrick is on the cover, and there's a nice section on him in there. Great fuckin guitar player for being so young.
    The clip only shows off his slide work. Believe me when I say he can play nearly any style. I've seen him several times with the ABB and he blows me away every time. He can play incredibly fast when he chooses to. He's 26 now and is still only getting better. He played on a couple of his wife, Susan Teschsi's latest cuts from her new album. I think he' s hand down the best guitarist of his generation. Just my humble opinion of course. I'll be seeing him in a couple of weeks with the brothers at one of their shows during their annual Beacon Theatre Run in NYC.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

Donor

It was pretty cool to read him talk about his gear. Sounds like he doesn't really care too much about that stuff. He just plays whatever sounds good to him. I love that kinda attitude.
    "It's always a Catch-22 situation. They hate you if you're the same, and they hate you if you're different."
    ~Eddie Van Halen~

"The perfect woman has an IQ of 150, wants to make love until 4 in the morning, and then turns into a pizza."
    ~David Lee Roth~

Sucka'sFacebook

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

Found a cut of him and Eric Gales covering "Layla" Superb cover!
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Good Enough
    Last Online

Yeah, he's very laid back about his gear, abilities, success, etc..

Derek is a very humble individual. He and Susan also have two young children which they bring on tour with one another. I suppose that really grounds you and keeps you stable. He's very mature and down to earth for his age. The fact that he was a "band leader" at a very early age tells you something about his maturity level. His fans are very excited about the Clapton thing as he should get a great deal of exposure from the "gig." Of course, ABB fans are happy and sad at the same time as rumour has it, they will be doing one less leg of their annual summer tour this year as a result of the Clapton thing. He along with Warren Haynes, are a big reason why the ABB are playing and sounding so good these past few years. With the departure of Dicky Betts a few years ago, Warren Haynes has really stepped up and taken a greater roll in the revival of the ABB. Derek is also a big part of this revival. Not so much with the song writing, but with his playing at the live shows. Fianlly, Derek's style has also evolved a great deal since this clip. He's become a very, very soulful player and his band's stuff is much different from the ABB. If anyone's in NYC over the next three weeks, and can find a ticket, check out the ABB at the Beacon. They usually have several guest musicians join them on stage througout the three week run. If you're an ABB fan, seeing them at least once at the Beacon is like making the pilgrimage to Mecca........

Top Of The World
    Last Online

10.02.08 @ 08:42 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

That is some great playing...

Terry

Good Enough
    Last Online

Check out his website at www.derektrucks.com Under the media section, there are some very cool interviews and some sound bites from their previous albums. Also, plenty of snippits from the new release which just came out. I really wish I had some video footage of Derek playing with the ABB. His playing with the brothers in an entirely different side of him. If you ever get the chance to view the ABB DVD filmed at the Beacon in, I think, 2004, check it out. Great show, backstage interviews, warm-ups, etc.....

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

Donor

One thing I can't stand more than anything is a theif! Looks like Derek and his band had their gear stolen.

http://news.harmony-central.com/Newp...ar-Stolen.html
    ~Eddie Van Halen~

~David Lee Roth~

Sucka'sFacebook

Good Enough
    Last Online

Fortunately, he uses different gear with the ABB, and it was safe and sound at the Beacon. With the 13 ABB shows running until 3/26, it gives him time to try and find some new stuff. Unfortunately, his "other" gear is pretty vintage and not easily found at many music shops these days. He mentioned the theft in a few interviews the past few weeks (including Dave's interview) and just laughed it off like it wasn't a big deal. Young "jedi" Trucks is a class act. I'm getting very excited as I write this as I'm seeing the ABB this Saturday. Leslie West was a guest of the boys at Mondays show and I'm hoping he'll show up again on Saturday. John Hammond is already confirmed for Saturday, and it being a weekend, anyone could show up. It's the magic of the Beacon run....lot's of great guests!

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

03.30.13 @ 09:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Derek one of those players that will gather more and more of a following as he gets older. The guys smokes, and has real taste when he plays.
    I'm not a big fan of ABB, but I am a fan of Derek.

Good Enough
    Last Online

Another article about Derek. Interesting talk about the Clapton gig which has now been extended for the entire year. This April until next April. Apparently, the ABB summer tour and DTB dates will be scheduled around his tour with Clapton. Word in the ABB family is that the Derek Trucks Band will actually open for nearly half the regular ABB dates. Big news if you're a fan of either band. Anyway, check out the article. http://www.connectsavannah.com/show_...article_id=403
    Last edited by chain; 03.23.06 at 09:00 AM.