Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Little Dreamer
    Last Online

03.21.06 @ 09:09 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Reasons why I am done with Eddie

1. When Michael Anthony has had enough , something must be wrong .

2. Stop complaining about hot sauce and Cabo when you push you own products . D Tuna - 5150 amps , wolfgangs , etc . IF you were a real friend to them , you would be happy for their success . I would like to see you have a show and have $20 pavilion seats and $10 lawn seats like Sammy has in New Jersey this summer .

3. I can't believe after all those years you treat Mikey like a salaried musician . You dont even let him record on the records . I can't wait for his tell all book .

4 . Dave / Sammy - like one or the other , i like both , at least they are out doing something , radio shows , spot gigs , summer tours , whatever .
    You hide and keep mum on anything . You could have at least had some little blip about going to the Oscar party on the vh website , give the fans some little finger food . Give Brad something to do .

5. I understand the cancer thing , divorce , all of it . But instead of working through it , you seem to have to turned into quite an idiot . Other people deal with cancer and get divorced , but they dont swim in Smoking Loon .
    I hear in your interviews how much you love Wolfie and I am sure you do . Love him even more , put down the booze and / or whatever you are doing and take care of yourself .

6. You look more and more like Keith Richards as each day passes . It is sad to watch .

7 . You don't appreciate your fans , at least not like Dave, Sammy , Mikey , and even Gary Cherone do . You seem to dismiss the people who have put money their money into your pockets for 25 years . No , you don't owe us nothing , but at least appreciate the fact all of the money we all have shelled out over the years . I feel like I am part owner of 5150 and all of the houses since I have probably spent close to $20,000 towards van halen since 1978 . I saw you in Hershey PA in 2004 . I was less than 5 feet from you . There were a total of 10 people in the area . I said " Hey Eddie " . It would have been nice if you even recognized it . You heard me . You didn't have to stop and talk or nothing . Just a simple " Hey " would have been nice . I would have went home if I wasn't looking so forward to see the rest of the group . I was walking away saying to my wife , " I'm sure he didn't mind the $500 we spent today though huh " . Plus , I knew it would be the last time you graced the stage in my area . It's About Time huh .

8. You seem closed off to do something LIVE with Roth . Don't get me wrong . I like both Dave and Sam and looking into it, I actually prefer Sam but I think you guys could work out some type of logistics to get through even one live On Demand Concert event to help all of the fans close the book on the group . Right now though , I don't think you could pay Mikey enough to do it . You would have to get Sheehan to come in with Roth .

9. You have seem to let go . Everyone at some point passes on , but if I am still alive when you pass on , I will be more sad in the fact that you have let go of things , you could be doing more now , but you don't . I would always think many things . He could have released a cd with nothing but instrumentals and toured on it , did a G3 tour with Vai & Satriani and made history , put out live videos , even if they had mistakes on them , more behind the scenes stuff kind of like all of the stuff Bon Jovi does for their fans , like them or not , they give it all up to their fans . Even knowing the 2004 tour was nothing more than a money grab heading into retirement , you could have more . I don't ever hear Sambora telling Bon Jovi , Hey stop acting , owning football teams , doing soundtracks , other appearances , taking the plane without asking , and it causing trouble . Just take the have fun approach with whoever it is , Roth or Hagar , and just let it be fun on stage , walk off the stage and go in your own direction . It's funny , I heard Bon Jovi say in a interview a few weeks ago that the reason the band has been successful is that they are friends first and are supportive of one another , one dressing room ,travel together , etc .. I hear Sammy say that to be back with you it would have to be on a friends first basis ... It must be true .

and lastly ...

10 . You don't learn from the artists around you . If I was in your position like some of your fellow artist , I would do the same as they do in reaching out in thanks to their fans . Other artists like Sammy , Mikey , Vai , Satriani , even the drunken state that is Yngwie Malmsteen , ALL OF THEM , and there are many more , reach out to fans on their websites , road blogs on the tours , little updates , hey " Im in the studio working on the next CD " , thank them for coming out to the shows . How about the Long Road to 5150 DVD , that would be nice . Alex doesn't say anything cuz even though he's your brother , he would get treated like Mikey in a heart beat , that's why he's a yes man to you . Being on this website for years and seeing how much people on here really care about the band , and you call them losers or people with no life . It seems like they care more about you than you do .

I am done buying your CD's , re packaged garbage , t shirts for $100 ,
    all of it . Sold my Ernie Ball two years ago with the 5150 combo . Gave away the tablature books as well .

I will go see Sammy/ Mikey or Dave whenever they do their gigs , they appreciate it . I'd even go see Gary , because like it or not , he'll give you everything he has every gig . I really wish Dave would get back with Vai and Sheehan again more than with you . If you did actually try to get with Dave , by the time you actually hit the stage , you'd look like a skeleton with breath .

28 years I have been a fan and I never thought I would have this opinion on you , but I do and I don't see how you could change it .

Sorry for ranting linkers , just a little pissed . You guys are all cool . Whether I agree or disagree with anyone's opinion here , at least you have one and express it instead of sitting home drinking yourself into a grave wasting your life and talent away .

emolin

Favorite VH Album

VH I
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:51 PM
    Liked 594 Times in 364 Posts

Donor

Cleanup, aisle 10!

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

1978-1996
    Favorite VH Song

1978-1996
    Last Online

12.23.16 @ 10:32 AM
    Liked 2,068 Times in 1,102 Posts

Donor

Hard to argue most of those.....unfortunately

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Last Online

08.07.17 @ 08:14 PM
    Liked 313 Times in 149 Posts

Donor

My pussy hurts too...
    Jet City Super Stealth
    Marshall 50th Anniversary JCM-1H and Class 5 Combo
    Austin Speaker Works KTS-60

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

RWTD/Mean Streets/Humans Being
    Last Online

06.04.06 @ 08:07 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

One thing you must remember... It's not a matter of life and death for fans. I'm a pissed at what has gone on?? Of course. But it's really sad that you'd throw your stuff away. The best thing to do is pretend they retired if you're so sick of what has gone on.

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

I think it's safe to say that we're all frustrated, but that's a given for a VH fan. But to throw out all your VH stuff??? That's crazy talk.

Like Edward would listen to any of us anyways. Silly people.
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

"A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

02.10.10 @ 10:42 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well if you wanna get rid of your VH stuff don't throw it away just pm me and mail it to me. I'll pay for the postage.
    "Suppose you were an idiot ... And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
    --Mark Twain

There's no one as smart as a gambler at the track putting thier last $10.00 on the longest shot of the day.

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Donor

Hey I want in!!
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

Last Online

10.23.15 @ 04:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It's disheartening to see what people think of someone who was once the toast of the rock world and hard to disagree with many of the points made.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, I'm the One, Dreams
    Last Online

02.14.17 @ 07:28 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

i'm getting my red/white/black striped charvel tonight IN SPITE of all this bullshit... but i feel very much the same way about eddie these days. i'm just disgusted with the whole situation.

at least i still have U2 showing the world what a real band is like.
    -VanEdge
    1992 EBMM EVH (Translucent Red)
    1993 EBMM EVH (Translucent Yellow)
    1999 Peavey Wolfgang (Translucent Purple)
    2005 EVH Art Series Charvel (Red/White/Black Stripe)
    2009 EVH Wolfgang (Tobacco Sunburst)

THE INTERNET HAS BEEN GIVEN FAIR WARNING... VHLINKS/FORUMS WILL NOT DIE!!! - VanEdge

"Eddie Van Halen could fart into a microphone and make better music than anyone else." - VanEdge

"See, all I do is make music..." - EVH

"Look at all the people here tonight!" - DLR

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 11:15 AM
    Liked 340 Times in 184 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by VanEdge
    at least i still have U2 showing the world what a real band is like.
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 08:52 AM
    Liked 4,808 Times in 2,454 Posts

Premium Member

Man if you get this depressed about a guy in a band I would hate to see what happens when a girl dumps you.

Get over it and get with life. Its a freaking band. You could be Christopher Reeve's kid today and wake up with no mom and dad.

You could be some GI learning how to walk on your new titanium legs.

You could be out of work, with three kids and a mortgage.

You could find out today like thousands of other people are doing that you have cancer.

Sorry to be harsh but this whole Mikey interview thing is so freaking melodramatic. If you are pissed at Eddie, so be it but its pretty childish if you ask me.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin' With the Devil
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 06:01 PM
    Liked 34 Times in 14 Posts

I'm not there yet, Emolin. I'm getting there, though. I don't think i'd sell my Wolf or the 5150 212 combo. The product is just too damn good.

Favorite VH Album

VH I
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:51 PM
    Liked 594 Times in 364 Posts

Donor

Pointless fucking threads.

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Donor

It's a venting thread for all things VH.
    RIP - Classic Van Halen