Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street/its about time
    Last Online

09.24.11 @ 05:29 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default what now?

ok this story that is out with mikes interview in a japan mag, to me sounds like we may not see vh again, wonder if anyone else feels this way. i sure hope we do see them again but who knows.
    van halen is back. "what you think is nothing might be something after all"

Hang 'Em High James in New York's Avatar
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 07:18 AM
    Liked 2,082 Times in 675 Posts

I wonder if they made a deal before the tour (when sammy tore his contract up and said he wont play without Mike) that Sammy and Mike wouldnt play again together? Hope not. Because they sure are.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Balance/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/5150/Don\'t Tell Me
    Last Online

04.29.16 @ 07:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'd say it's done....
    Actually I think most of us are Dave, Sam, and Mike fans. There's just a small group of people who have strange allegiances and like to get into petty pissing contests that I can't believe everyone on this site isn't bored of. - Brett

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

All of them
    Last Online

08.29.11 @ 12:46 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i would tell you all to calm down and wait for somthing in english.
    Live by the VH attitude, die by the VH attitude.
    \mm/\mm/

"What do you wanna do with your life?

I WANNA ROCK!"

Alex Van Halen "THE BEATLES will never get back together and David Lee Roth will never again sing with VAN HALEN."
    the way it should have been link below:
    http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4...5dd0881lk8.jpg

Hang 'Em High James in New York's Avatar
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 07:18 AM
    Liked 2,082 Times in 675 Posts

Yeah time will tell...

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

Yeah that was a kinda rough translation to be gettin worked up about.

I'll wait for the English version.
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

"A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One

Favorite VH Album

All (Yes, even "VH 3").
    Favorite VH Song

All (except "How Many Say I")
    Last Online

08.31.17 @ 07:33 PM
    Liked 31 Times in 11 Posts

There is so much negativity surrounding current and/or former members of Van Halen that it is sickening. It's time to change the name of the band, get Billy Sheehan on bass and find a singer or multiple singers and make some fresh, fun and exciting new music.

I don't even care if there is a tour, I just want new music from a band that enjoys playing together.
    Last edited by atomicpunk5150; 03.04.06 at 03:17 PM.
    "Question is,not does love exist,but when,she leaves,where she goes. I got a feeling she don't know either. Wait like the wind,watch where she blows..."

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 09:52 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

why is there such an inrtusive interview in fuckin japan but not here??

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:20 AM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

Well we all have heard the rumors that Eddie wanted to replace Mike a long time ago. Now it looks like he has his wish and a chance to form the band that HE wants.

Eddie is an alcoholic for sure but did the stress he feels with Sam make it worse on the reunion tour? Because from what I could tell he seemed alot happier playing with Gary and his playing was superb (in my non-guitar playing mind). Not saying that the stress over cancer and divorce didn't contribute, but that divorce was 20 years in the making so it couldn't have been a huge shock to the man. Valerie is a strong woman for making it last as long as it did.

As far as working with Dave goes, by judging from stories from all 3 (Mike, Ed and Al) that seems like its an almost impossible situation.

The only logical step is for Mike to go on playing with Sam when they want to and hopefully make NEW music and not do the "Tribute" thing that Dave has been doing. They can play the VH tunes they want live and whatever.

Eddie and Alex can go out get a singer, a touring bass player who can sing pretty good backup. (I think Ed plays most of the bass on albums of late anyways), if needed get a couple of hot chicks ala Motley Crue to sing backup.
    They can still call themselves Van Halen because of course thats Ed & AL's last name and they have that right.

Who knows, maybe that would actually work out for all parties and maybe VH will be a big time band once again. We all know that the music will be kick ass because its Eddie's.

I for one will still support VAN HALEN whatever the band consists of. The music has brought me the most joy over the years, not the lyrics or the singer.
    I will also check out "The Other Half" but follow them like I do with VH.
    Dave has basically become a sideshow, you look once in awhile, but its still basically the same old tired act.

God Bless all of them on their futures, whatever they may be.
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Last Online

12.15.17 @ 12:11 PM
    Liked 1,612 Times in 992 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Eddymon

Eddie and Alex can go out get a singer, a touring bass player who can sing pretty good backup. (I think Ed plays most of the bass on albums of late anyways), if needed get a couple of hot chicks ala Motley Crue to sing backup.
    They can still call themselves Van Halen because of course thats Ed & AL's last name and they have that right.
    Sigh. No, Eddymon. A new singer, a new bassist, and female backup singers do not make a 'Van Halen,' despite the fact that it's their last name. Yes, they have the leeway to exercise their copyright and call Ed, a legless frog, and a kazoo-playin' bubble boy 'Van Halen', as much as we reserve the right to actually perceive, validate, and most importantly, financially support any new incarnations as 'Van Halen.'

More pertinent, however, are record labels and promoters' willingness to back and support this new 'Van Halen' you speak of, as after all this stupid lead singer drama, I'd bet they'd be far, far less flexible than this ever-fluid fanbase of ours.

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen
    Sigh. No, Eddymon. A new singer, a new bassist, and female backup singers do not make a 'Van Halen,' despite the fact that it's their last name. Yes, they have the leeway to exercise their copyright and call Ed, a legless frog, and a kazoo-playin' bubble boy 'Van Halen', as much as we reserve the right to actually perceive, validate, and most importantly, financially support any new incarnations as 'Van Halen.'

More pertinent, however, are record labels and promoters' willingness to back and support this new 'Van Halen' you speak of, as after all this stupid lead singer drama, I'd bet they'd be far, far less flexible than this ever-fluid fanbase of ours.
    If the music is good, the labels will back it. Ya never know. It could be kick ass and people might actually love it.
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Last Online

12.15.17 @ 12:11 PM
    Liked 1,612 Times in 992 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Eddymon
    If the music is good, the labels will back it. Ya never know. It could be kick ass and people might actually love it.

Geez, you'd think you'd have come to the realization that the music industry is lot more about image these days than good music. And Van Halen has seriously damaged their image, and would only provide more fodder for the ridicule machine with yet another incarnation.

I know this much. Without Dave, Sam, or Mike, Van Halen is dead for good.

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen
    Geez, you'd think you'd have come to the realization that the music industry is lot more about image these days than good music. And Van Halen has seriously damaged their image, and would only provide more fodder for the ridicule machine with yet another incarnation.

I know this much. Without Dave, Sam, or Mike, Van Halen is dead for good.
    If Eddie found a singer who is marketable ALA Dave circa the "glory days", maybe a younger person who can reach a new audience as well as the past yeah a label would stand behind them.

Lets say they hired Rob Thomas or one of those current stars, don't you think that they would be supported?
    All I am saying is that in the music biz, you never know what the next hot thing might be. Maybe a program such as Rockstar would give them the exposure and the whole world would see the product before they even released a new song. That would be totallly different of what happend when Gary joined and people rejected him before the first song ever hit the radio.

Favorite VH Album

The Classic 6 Pack
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

11.04.17 @ 06:01 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 65 Posts

Van Halen has been dead for a long time now... It's time for the band to just face up to it and end the charade. Ed needs to take the path of Clapton and just work on and do what he wants and let Van Halen be a piece of history... quit tarnishing the legacy.
    Woke up this mornin, got Blue Moon in your eyes...
    http://www.myretrolounge.com

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT, II, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

AS IS
    Last Online

05.26.15 @ 05:03 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

As long as ed's not on a respirator or other medical devices there is hope.
    -----HuBBs5150-----

"Meet us in the future not the pasture!" - DLR, Aug 13th 2007

What is GamingVision?