Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22
  1. #1
    Hang 'Em High perticelli's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.07.03
    Age
    52
    Posts
    6,658
    Favorite VH Album

    fair warning, women & children
    Favorite VH Song

    unchained,take your whiskey
    Last Online

    11.30.15 @ 02:22 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 14 Times in 8 Posts


    Donor

    Default So, we ought to open our ports to the UAE..

    try this on. Here's an interview with a local radio talk show host, Michael Smerconsih, and Michael Scheurer, former head of the Bin laden desk at the cia. His job, as he'll tell you, was to get bin laden, dead or alive.
    Wait til you read this account of events...it's shocking to me, coming from this man, who ive listened to many times, and read his books..he is consistent...This is Long, but a must-read:

    If you are interested in the debate over whether or not we should allow the UAE, or other Arabs to take control of our ports, you must read this..but be prepared. There is a bit of a 'Pandora's box' to this article..once you read it, you may find out more than you want to know....

    Interview between M. smerconish and M. Scheurer
    Eddie is the greatest, period

    The Unofficial VHLinks RRHOF

    SkyyeFM-Radio without the Rules(Webpage)

  2. #2
    Romeo Delight Uncle Rico's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.01.06
    Posts
    73
    Last Online

    07.17.06 @ 11:05 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Nothing in there that anyone who pays attention doesn't already know. There is enough blame to go around to both parties (Dem & Rep) for the whole mess we are in. I say we just let Jack Bauer go over ther and fix this mess,

  3. #3
    Good Enough ZORBA5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.04.04
    Age
    42
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,503
    Favorite VH Album

    All of them
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained
    Last Online

    12.16.17 @ 05:15 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 33 Times in 13 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Rico
    Nothing in there that anyone who pays attention doesn't already know. There is enough blame to go around to both parties (Dem & Rep) for the whole mess we are in. I say we just let Jack Bauer go over ther and fix this mess,
    Exactly. We need a real-life Jack Bauer.

  4. #4
    Damage your reputation seenbad's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.24.00
    Age
    45
    Location
    Portland Oregon
    Posts
    26,946
    Favorite VH Album

    Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

    I'm the one
    Last Online

    12.15.17 @ 10:48 AM
    Likes
    73
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Good find. Very interesting read.
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

    Gunter glieben glauchen globen

  5. #5
    Atomic Punk TheresOnlyOneWay's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.13.04
    Location
    Avengers Tower
    Posts
    10,149
    Favorite VH Album

    Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

    Different Devil
    Last Online

    11.30.17 @ 11:15 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 340 Times in 184 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Yeah, none of it's a surprise.
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

    Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

    A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

    Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

  6. #6
    Hang 'Em High perticelli's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.07.03
    Age
    52
    Posts
    6,658
    Favorite VH Album

    fair warning, women & children
    Favorite VH Song

    unchained,take your whiskey
    Last Online

    11.30.15 @ 02:22 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 14 Times in 8 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    not a surprise, but certainly a reveltaion. To hear someone of his stature say "the arabs,all of them, are our masters" really fucks me up.

    As for Jack Bauer, im going to meet him tonight..the real one...CMDR Gary Brentsen, the lead on the ground in afghan in the hunt for Bin laden.
    He wrote a book called "Jawbreaker" and i'll be attending a special discussion group with him about his days trying to get the SOB.

    anyone have any questions to be ansered?

    Right now, i'm thinking of starting a revolution...i've always known we've been in 'bed' w/ arabs, biut not to the extent this guy says it is.
    Eddie is the greatest, period

    The Unofficial VHLinks RRHOF

    SkyyeFM-Radio without the Rules(Webpage)

  7. #7
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    12.25.01
    Age
    53
    Location
    Carmel, Ca
    Posts
    7,954
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

    05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    You know the old saying:

    "Point a finger and you point three fingers back at yourself."


    When the last book is written about the events of 9/11/2001, under the chapter titled "U.S. Government Failures", there will be three names that the ultimate collapse of the intelligence system will rest :

    Richard Clarke

    John O'Neil

    Michael Scheurer

    All three are extremely intelligent men, the problem is that they are the first ones to tell you that they are smarter than you. John O'Neil was the FBI's lead terrorist expert, Scheurer was the CIA agent in charge of "Alec Station", the CIA's office in charge of tracking Al Qaeda and Usama bin Laden. Richard Clarke was the White House NSC advisor on terrorism. Any one of these guys could have stopped the events of 9/11 by themselves, the problem was that they couldn't because they could not work with eachother. The White House (Clarke) ordered the FBI to work with the CIA on the bin Laden problem, that went over with both agencies like a lead ballon and specifically O'Neil and Scheurer began acting like two eight-year-old boys with only one X-Box controller. Scheurer would withhold VITAL information from O'Neil and O'Neil would keep little things like the fact that there seemed to be a couple of KNOWN Al Qaeda operatives living in the country while they learned to fly commercial jets. Then, one the rare occations that they both agree'd on something they would be overruled by Clarke at the White House level.

    This bullshit went on for just under to vital years.

    O'Neil left the FBI in frustration and took a job as head of security at a company who's offices were in the World Trade Center. He died on September 11th.

    Clarke and Scheurer have made an industry out of critisizing both Bush and Clinton, and while they document their grievences well, the bottom line is that they're both insulted that neither President knelt before there superior intellect. Both these guys are so wrapped up in themselves that you have to wonder what other intelligence they both ignored along the way to 9/11? Clarke showed in his book "Against All Enemies" that he was a self-centered SOB that made life impossible for those under his direction, always quick to blame everyone else for his mistakes. Scheurer is like the kid you HAD to pick to be on your softball team at summer camp, always complaining that the ball is being thrown too fast and the bases are too far apart and the sun's too hot.

    Al Qaeda is everywhere, show me a Middle Eastern country that didn't have some kind of relationship with them (except for Israel). You can't. AQ is made up of wealthy, well-connected men who have relatives and friends at all levels of almost every Arab country. Just because the UAE did something in 1999 doesn't mean that they'd do it in 2006, just as I'm sure that if Clinton or Bush could get a cosmic "Do Over", they'd have done a lot of things differently when it came to bin Laden. Technically, Clinton made the correct move. Had we killed the Prince we would have been screwed, 9/11 still would have happened because the master-mind was in Pakistan at the time and we wouldn't have the legistical support that the UAE provides for US today. Shit, the UAE provides a safe port for the U.S. Navy and gives us first class service.

    All this uproar over the ports is silly. It assumes that somehow terrorists could get an advantage that they don't already have now. The fact is that they'd be less likely to hit an Arab run port because they might be recognized for what they are. Middle-Eastern men are a mystery to American law enforcement and intel-types. In Iraq, our local translators are valuable because they can spot local dialects and they can tell by the way a man wears his clothes or his grooming that he doesn't belong. I could get all the Linkers in a room and none of them could tell a Jordainain from an Iraqi. Or an Iraqi Kurd from an Iraqi Suni or an Eqyption from a Lebanese guy. All of that is irrelevant anyway because AQ has operatives who are educated Anglo-Americans so whatchya gonna do now, Tex?
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai


    My Blog:

    http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

    http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

  8. #8
    Hang 'Em High perticelli's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.07.03
    Age
    52
    Posts
    6,658
    Favorite VH Album

    fair warning, women & children
    Favorite VH Song

    unchained,take your whiskey
    Last Online

    11.30.15 @ 02:22 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 14 Times in 8 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Axxman300
    You know the old saying:

    "Point a finger and you point three fingers back at yourself."


    When the last book is written about the events of 9/11/2001, under the chapter titled "U.S. Government Failures", there will be three names that the ultimate collapse of the intelligence system will rest :

    Richard Clarke

    John O'Neil

    Michael Scheurer

    All three are extremely intelligent men, the problem is that they are the first ones to tell you that they are smarter than you. John O'Neil was the FBI's lead terrorist expert, Scheurer was the CIA agent in charge of "Alec Station", the CIA's office in charge of tracking Al Qaeda and Usama bin Laden. Richard Clarke was the White House NSC advisor on terrorism. Any one of these guys could have stopped the events of 9/11 by themselves, the problem was that they couldn't because they could not work with eachother. The White House (Clarke) ordered the FBI to work with the CIA on the bin Laden problem, that went over with both agencies like a lead ballon and specifically O'Neil and Scheurer began acting like two eight-year-old boys with only one X-Box controller. Scheurer would withhold VITAL information from O'Neil and O'Neil would keep little things like the fact that there seemed to be a couple of KNOWN Al Qaeda operatives living in the country while they learned to fly commercial jets. Then, one the rare occations that they both agree'd on something they would be overruled by Clarke at the White House level.

    This bullshit went on for just under to vital years.

    O'Neil left the FBI in frustration and took a job as head of security at a company who's offices were in the World Trade Center. He died on September 11th.

    Clarke and Scheurer have made an industry out of critisizing both Bush and Clinton, and while they document their grievences well, the bottom line is that they're both insulted that neither President knelt before there superior intellect. Both these guys are so wrapped up in themselves that you have to wonder what other intelligence they both ignored along the way to 9/11? Clarke showed in his book "Against All Enemies" that he was a self-centered SOB that made life impossible for those under his direction, always quick to blame everyone else for his mistakes. Scheurer is like the kid you HAD to pick to be on your softball team at summer camp, always complaining that the ball is being thrown too fast and the bases are too far apart and the sun's too hot.

    Al Qaeda is everywhere, show me a Middle Eastern country that didn't have some kind of relationship with them (except for Israel). You can't. AQ is made up of wealthy, well-connected men who have relatives and friends at all levels of almost every Arab country. Just because the UAE did something in 1999 doesn't mean that they'd do it in 2006, just as I'm sure that if Clinton or Bush could get a cosmic "Do Over", they'd have done a lot of things differently when it came to bin Laden. Technically, Clinton made the correct move. Had we killed the Prince we would have been screwed, 9/11 still would have happened because the master-mind was in Pakistan at the time and we wouldn't have the legistical support that the UAE provides for US today. Shit, the UAE provides a safe port for the U.S. Navy and gives us first class service.

    All this uproar over the ports is silly. It assumes that somehow terrorists could get an advantage that they don't already have now. The fact is that they'd be less likely to hit an Arab run port because they might be recognized for what they are. Middle-Eastern men are a mystery to American law enforcement and intel-types. In Iraq, our local translators are valuable because they can spot local dialects and they can tell by the way a man wears his clothes or his grooming that he doesn't belong. I could get all the Linkers in a room and none of them could tell a Jordainain from an Iraqi. Or an Iraqi Kurd from an Iraqi Suni or an Eqyption from a Lebanese guy. All of that is irrelevant anyway because AQ has operatives who are educated Anglo-Americans so whatchya gonna do now, Tex?
    Whenever somone quotes one of my favorite authors, they get my attantion. Mr. Thompson,RIP..

    Anyways, back to this.
    The fact that these guys are ego-manaical brainiacs is largely irrelevent in this scenario.
    The bottom line is OBL WAS there, we had it confirmed and ready to go. If we pulled the trigger, 9/11 still couldve happened, but i doubt it.
    And remember, the UAE held this party ONE YEAR AFTER OBL declared a fatwa on all US citizens. They still found it ok to warn him, let alone invite and pamper him.
    They still help with funding.
    They still had two hijackers on 9/11..they still control oil, which means US..
    and they warned him..did i mention that? how do uyou get past that?WHY even bother? what's the upside here to these people running our ports instead of Americans doing it?
    Eddie is the greatest, period

    The Unofficial VHLinks RRHOF

    SkyyeFM-Radio without the Rules(Webpage)

  9. #9
    Hang 'Em High janthraxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.12.03
    Age
    32
    Location
    Emerald Triangle
    Posts
    6,614
    Favorite VH Album

    CVH minus DD, FUCK, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

    Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

    11.18.14 @ 07:57 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by perticelli
    what's the upside here to these people running our ports instead of Americans doing it?
    My guess would be something to do with $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
    "Suck a fat one, faggot."
    -MikeL, showing off that sharp wit of his.

    "You may recognize some of these chemicals. Let's start with cyanide...The one the Aum Shinrikyo cult attempted to use to commit mass murder in a Tokyo subway in May 1995...The same cyanide produced routinely--1.4 million tons per year--for use in the production of plastics, adhesives, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and so on. It seems that those who put small amounts of cyanide in subways are terrorists. But those who produce it in mass quantities and contaminate broad reaches of soil, water, and air, killing countless living beings, are not terrorists, but rather capitalists, and are counted among the finest and most powerful people on the planet."

    -Derrick Jensen, "What We Leave Behind"

    "You know what's weird to me is Christians who are against the death penalty. After all, if it weren't for the death penalty, we wouldn't celebrate Easter!"

    -the late, great, Bill Hicks

  10. #10
    Hang 'Em High perticelli's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.07.03
    Age
    52
    Posts
    6,658
    Favorite VH Album

    fair warning, women & children
    Favorite VH Song

    unchained,take your whiskey
    Last Online

    11.30.15 @ 02:22 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 14 Times in 8 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Is money a good enough reason to sell-out to people who have the honor of having two members of their nationality on board the planes on 9/11?
    Or who warn OBL that american missiles are coming, run!

    How much money could it possibly be anyway?
    When we are so greedy or needy that we have to sell our assets or control to enemy, then it's time to take up arms and rewrite the laws in warshington..
    Eddie is the greatest, period

    The Unofficial VHLinks RRHOF

    SkyyeFM-Radio without the Rules(Webpage)

  11. #11
    Eruption
    Join Date
    01.15.02
    Location
    Light industrial complex on Eastern Seaboard
    Posts
    982
    Last Online

    06.08.07 @ 12:27 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default here's the deal.

    Quote Originally Posted by perticelli
    Whenever somone quotes one of my favorite authors, they get my attantion. Mr. Thompson,RIP..

    Anyways, back to this.
    The fact that these guys are ego-manaical brainiacs is largely irrelevent in this scenario.
    The bottom line is OBL WAS there, we had it confirmed and ready to go. If we pulled the trigger, 9/11 still couldve happened, but i doubt it.
    And remember, the UAE held this party ONE YEAR AFTER OBL declared a fatwa on all US citizens. They still found it ok to warn him, let alone invite and pamper him.
    They still help with funding.
    They still had two hijackers on 9/11..they still control oil, which means US..
    and they warned him..did i mention that? how do uyou get past that?WHY even bother? what's the upside here to these people running our ports instead of Americans doing it?

    both you and axe are partially right and partially wrong.

    the essential truth that you are both missing, or have not articulated, is how we collectively--the United States--viewed the threat of terrorism before 9/11 and after 9/11 are two very different things, indeed.

    prior to 9/11, the US simply didn't feel the threat of terrorism was significant enough to warrant/justify the killing of OBL and, more importantly, an all-out war on AQ. the US just didn't have the political balls to do it, simple as that. pre-9/11 republican and democrat administrations alike share that dubious distinction.

    as far as the port thing goes... it's a major cluster fuck. a sympton of W's total ineptitude at handling politically "touchy" subjects that require nuance and savvy, not closed-fisted ultimatums.

    this thing has become a politcal football where the facts have been swept aside in favor of political rhetoric and favoritism. democrats are trying to seize a RARE opportunity to look hawkish on defense and republicans are starting to split from the Prez because they can't afford to look weaker than the dems!

  12. #12
    Eruption ddzavis's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.08.03
    Location
    Northeastern Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,258
    Favorite VH Album

    Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

    Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

    04.05.17 @ 05:40 PM
    Likes
    6
    Liked 23 Times in 15 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Thank You for that last paragraph. Speaking from experience I can only tell you that when you take an issue , or a situation such as this and let politics dictate the outcome after phone calls have been made you lose. Trust me , it happens and I have seen this type of thing firsthand. Power, $$$$$, and mine, mine, mine. Power does corrupt. I remember telling an indivdual at one time that I wasn't a "Lemming". He asked me what was a Lemming. I told this individual that he was educated and for him to figure it out. We in this country have become that to some extent, following blindly. The next year should prove to be very interesting in these United States.

  13. #13
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    12.25.01
    Age
    53
    Location
    Carmel, Ca
    Posts
    7,954
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

    05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    If we are going to base our philosophy on the fact that UBL was at a ranch in UAE then we also need to boycot Los Angeles because Dr. Zawharhiri traveled there to raise money for Al Qaeda in 1998. Hell, we KNOW bin Laden is in Paksitan, yet we walk on egg-shells with their government out of fear that it will be overthrown by radical Muslem extremist who would then control their nukes....what's worse? Everybody's got their panties in a wad over Iran, it's won't take much to overthrow Pakistan's government either.


    What kills me is that this deal had nothing to do with Bush. This deal had been in the works for over FIVE MONTHS, if anybody had bothered to read the Wall Street Journal or any of the financial pages of any major newspaper would have read about it. Treasury and Commerce Departments are the gangs behind this deal, if anything it speaks to the level of influence that Arab countries have within the deeper workings of the United States government. After both of these departments had vetted the deal they then sent it up to the White House, the President see's that everyone has green-lighted it and he give's thumbs-up, his only mistake was over-estimating the intelligence of the average American.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai


    My Blog:

    http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

    http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

  14. #14
    Good Enough ZORBA5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.04.04
    Age
    42
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,503
    Favorite VH Album

    All of them
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained
    Last Online

    12.16.17 @ 05:15 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 33 Times in 13 Posts

    Default

    As you should know by now, Dems don't look at facts- they for news at the Ny Times and such. By the way, Bill Clinton had been advising Dubai for the past two weeks on the port deal. And he still supports Hillary's stance against the deal. What a dick.

  15. #15
    Hang 'Em High perticelli's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.07.03
    Age
    52
    Posts
    6,658
    Favorite VH Album

    fair warning, women & children
    Favorite VH Song

    unchained,take your whiskey
    Last Online

    11.30.15 @ 02:22 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 14 Times in 8 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Axxman300
    the President see's that everyone has green-lighted it and he give's thumbs-up, his only mistake was over-estimating the intelligence of the average American.


    Not quite...
    His mistake was taking for granted that the American people would accept arabs because HE said it's ok. He's not thinking at all about the opposition party either. He assumed his base, as well as the rest of the majority party members/thinkers would gloss over the arab connection because HE see's a good deal.

    Not so fast, Mr. President. Americans certainly have a short memory and we all-to-often rush to move on from conflict, back to our comfort-zone routines...
    ...but things like Pearl Harbor and 9/11..we take those very personally and hold it in our hearts and minds forever. People STILL despise japanese citizens to varying degrees because of Dec. 7..
    Hell, you could even learn that lesson from looking at slavery and racism..both sides of it.

    My contention is that Bush may have been given the benefit of the doubt had it been an Australian or Indian country or such...but not an arab one, especially one where two of the hijackers originated!
    Eddie is the greatest, period

    The Unofficial VHLinks RRHOF

    SkyyeFM-Radio without the Rules(Webpage)

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. If the UAE decides to close our ports
    By Bob_R in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03.16.06, 05:47 AM
  2. Dubai firm giving up plan to control U.S. ports
    By voivod in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 03.11.06, 04:58 PM
  3. An open letter to the writers of open letters...
    By CaboTime in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03.09.06, 05:11 PM
  4. Bill Clinton advises Dubai as Hillary attacks its US ports deal
    By ZORBA5150 in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03.03.06, 08:08 AM
  5. Six major U.S. ports
    By voivod in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 02.22.06, 08:10 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •