Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

01.05.12 @ 06:32 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Sammy in Cabo

Just got back from a weeks' vacation in Cabo (my first time there) and spent quite a bit of time at the Cantina. If you haven't been there, it really is a cool place, and his tequila is stellar. Sam showed up on Saturday for a few tunes, but by the time we got back there from dinner, it was swamped. The inside (where the stage is) is smaller than I thought it'd be. So...we listened for a few songs out front. It was cool...you could hear the music clear up the street.

Boring post, but wanted to share!!
    DEAD OR ALIVE!!!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being,5150,WhenIt'sLove
    Last Online

08.08.17 @ 07:44 PM
    Liked 18 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Very cool! How did you like Cabo? We go every year and never tire of it. Although we've been the last five years, we've never seen him there (he's usually been touring during the time of year we go). I guess if he's doing a tour this summer we'll miss him again, even though he's living there now.

By the way, I was also surprised about how small it was---I think it's just small to American bar standards. It is a fun place and now I'm dreaming about being f.d.i.c.!
    Meet me in Cabo!

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

09.24.13 @ 12:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My wife and I have been to Cabo five times and we're shooting goose eggs, too. Not a Sammy sighting once. One of these times, maybe.

As for the Cantina, it's cool, but get your drinks at Ripp's first (right behind CW). After getting a good buzz on, head in for the music and dancing. Much cheaper that way.

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

09.18.12 @ 06:59 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by te5150
    My wife and I have been to Cabo five times and we're shooting goose eggs, too. Not a Sammy sighting once. One of these times, maybe.

As for the Cantina, it's cool, but get your drinks at Ripp's first (right behind CW). After getting a good buzz on, head in for the music and dancing. Much cheaper that way.
    Where do you guys stay (Villas/Resorts) when you go down there?

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

03.25.08 @ 01:14 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I was in Cabo over MLK weekend, and Sammy showed up as part of his wife's birthday gig.

I actually have some pretty cool shots from my cell phone....I'll try and post them as soon as I figure out how to do so.

I was pretty suprised about how small the place was as well. At the same time, it really adds to the experience if you are lucky enough to see a performance.

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:50 AM
    Liked 1,482 Times in 904 Posts

My wife and I are going in October of 2007. I can't wait!!!!!!!

"Land's End. You have to see it."
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

villains
    Favorite VH Song

cup of tea
    Last Online

08.13.09 @ 01:54 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

we're going in aug. 06. we're staying at the RIU Palace...any else ever stay there?

Last Online

06.03.17 @ 06:59 PM
    Liked 327 Times in 204 Posts

I'm batting 1.000 as far as being to Cabo and seeing Sammy. It's happened twice. Both times were surprise visits (no birthday or cinqo de Mayo or anything publicized).
    Cabo is awesome. I have to go back soon!!!!!!

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

09.24.13 @ 12:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Garibaldi
    Where do you guys stay (Villas/Resorts) when you go down there?
    We have a time share at the Hilton along the corridor (between CSL and San Jose del Cabo). For lodging info, PM Ktgiles. She's the queen of Cabo. She sees and knows all.

Favorite VH Album

BOBW
    Favorite VH Song

Crossing over
    Last Online

04.03.12 @ 11:26 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

if youre planning on fishing, make sure you look at a lunar chart, you need to fish the day after there is no moon, otherwise the marlin dont bite....
    Sam, Dave,Gary... who cares. its all about what makes you feel good.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

We stayed at Pueblo Benito Sunset Beach. Beautiful place and I would go back in a minute. We'd go into town every day and have lunch just outside the Cantina at that outdoor bar...4 tacos and a beer for $6.00 American. Couldn't beat that deal with a stick! We ate dinner a couple of times at Mia Casa, and that place was OUTSTANDING!!! For drinks, we were all over the place, but the tequila and service at Sammy's joint were the favorite.

Awesome place and I really can't wait to go back. By the way, we didn't get around to marlin fishing this time, but the deals to go for a day were really good. Just took a boat out to Lover's Beach by El Arco. Just a bucket of Cornona's and my girlfriend...perfect!
    Last edited by Turbo; 03.01.06 at 05:53 PM.
    DEAD OR ALIVE!!!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Donor

Heck yeah...El Taco Loco is one of our very favorites. Their fish tacos are great and you can't beat the price. If you ever go back, you've gotta try Pancho's. We didn't try it until our 4th year to go. We'd heard about it but never gave it a try. It's terrific!!! I've heard PB Sunset is beautiful...and quite a trek up and down the hills through the resort. We usually stay in town for a few nights and then on the beach for about 7 nights. Our favorite place has closed down, though, and is reopening as a private and gated community with homes starting at 750K (and it's on Medano beach where the marina ends and beach begins...the old Hacienda Resort). My husband loves staying on the beach and loves to swim in the bay. We've considered over on the Pacific side for the beauty but feel it might be a "tease" not being able to get in the water. Did you experience that?
    Meet me in Cabo!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah, that part was a drag. The resort was really beautiful, but you couldn't swim in the ocean. They would shuttle you to the Rose' downtown if you wanted to swimming. Not really convenient, but it worked OK because there were three or four swimming pools. And...we did eat dinner at Pancho's one night! You're right, it was great. Actually, all of the places we went to were really good. Didn't have one bad experience. The street vendors cracked me up..."Amigo, in here...everything practically cheap...almost free! It's not hard to get in; just push!"
    DEAD OR ALIVE!!!

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

04.10.06 @ 07:43 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Going to Cabo in October for Honeymoon to see Sammy

Hello, i am new to the vh forum. My girlfriend and I are going to Cabo in October for our Honeymoon, of course we planned it that way just to see Sammy play at the cantina for his annual birthday bash!!!

This will be our first time in Cabo, and was wondering if anyone out there could recommend places for cheap drinks, good food, good entertainment. We are staying the Villa del palmar, the Cabo Wabo Cantina website recommended it. Has anyone stayed there before, if so, please get a hold of us.

We want the best possible experience for our honeymoon, and would love other peoples input about there experiences in Cabo.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by mdl06
    Hello, i am new to the vh forum. My girlfriend and I are going to Cabo in October for our Honeymoon, of course we planned it that way just to see Sammy play at the cantina for his annual birthday bash!!!

This will be our first time in Cabo, and was wondering if anyone out there could recommend places for cheap drinks, good food, good entertainment. We are staying the Villa del palmar, the Cabo Wabo Cantina website recommended it. Has anyone stayed there before, if so, please get a hold of us.

We want the best possible experience for our honeymoon, and would love other peoples input about there experiences in Cabo.

Feel free to PM with questions you have re: Cabo. We've gone for the last five years and will going again in July. I believe sixstring has stayed at the Villa del Palmar.

Here are some recommendations for cheap drinks and good food:

Happy hours at Billygan's, The Office, Mango Deck, and The Sand Bar begin early in the day (usually 11:00 am or noon). They are all located on the main beach in Cabo, called Medano Beach. Everything is 2x1, they have entertainment at Billygan's and Mango Deck. Cabo Wabo is NOT the place for cheap drinks. However, right outside the CW in the Plaza de los Mariachis, there's a place called The Jungle Bar (it's right next to El Taco Loco---great cheap fish tacos beer). They have specials everynight and everything is cheap, cheap, cheap. We go there, get a good buzz going, and then go into the CW. Another fun place for drinks is The Nowhere Bar on the marina. Squid Roe is very popular, but not for us. It's more of a club...techno, dance, hip hop, etc. One of our favorite places in inside one of the flea markets in town. You'll see signs that say 3x1 margaritas...your wife can shop and you can prop yourself up at the bar and drink...there's literally a bar in the middle of the flea market (it's downtown).

Good food:
    Pancho's on Hidalgo St.
    La Dolce on Hidalgo St.---Hidalgo is known as "restaurant row"
    The Office for breakfast
    Mama's for breakfast
    La Parillada---they've changed owners so I don't know if it's still as good
    Cabo Wabo has INCREDIBLE food
    Margaritavilla---REALLY POTENT margaritas
    Brasil Steakhouse---when you're REALLY hungry
    Edith's for a nice dinner with nice view (it's right above the office off Medano Beach)

Entertainment:
    The Office for their fiesta (Thurs. and Sun. nights, reservations required)
    Gigglin' Marlin (they have a fiesta everynight with dance contests, etc.)
    Sunset cruises (Jungle cruises are the wild booze cruises, Oceanus is more tame but still a good time)
    Passing out on the beach after a long day of drinking!!!
    Meet me in Cabo!