Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

01.06.12 @ 12:23 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Default Prostate Cancer Treatment / Pros' and Con's?

So today was a interesting if not kinda melancholy day. My Dad who is only 58 was diagnosed with Prostate cancer about 2 weeks ago. Well today was my first involvement with this process. We met with the Radiologist Oncologist regarding 1 of the 3 options he has. Those being Surgery to remove the Prostate ( Terrible potential side effects ), Radioactive Seeds Therapy ( Also bad side effects ) as well as doing absolutly nothing and seeing what happens ( Prostate Cancer tends to be slow going ). So where am I going with this? Beside's whining a bit I guess.
    I am asking all of you to take a little time and read up on the 2 Treatment options and offer your opinions to me or any one has had a family member go thru this I would like to hear your story and subsequent results ( good or bad ).
    My Dad was 18 when I born so there is not a hugh age gap between us like some parent / child relationships. I ahve always thought may Dad and Mom as well to be invincible, so to come face to face with my Dad's mortality today was to say the least very depressing and surreal. For the first time in my life my Dad appeared to age a little bit. I noticed he seemed more vunerable than I have ever seen before. Yea, I'm pretty shaken right now, so why I'm on the Computer typing this I don't know.....something to distract me I suppose.
    But in any case, if any of you take a little of your time and check the Surgery / Radioactive Seed info that is available on the web and gibve me your opinion I will be forever grateful. Sometimes a outside nuetral view shed's more light than a person too close to the situation.
    All you need in this life is a tremendous sex drive and a great ego , brain's don't mean a shit! ~ Captain Tony Tarracino

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. ~ Hunter S. Thompson

When you figure out that you can't figure it out, your finally gettin your shit together. ~ Jimmy Buffett

http://www.myspace.com/palm_trees_and_mojitos

Top Of The World van_5150_halen's Avatar
    Last Online

05.04.10 @ 09:01 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Sorry to hear about what your family is going through. Check your private messages for additional information. Best regards.