Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Last Online

07.31.17 @ 10:58 PM
    Liked 94 Times in 60 Posts

Default If the three other than Eddie are bored....

Honestly i can't say i've ever read this on this board or what not but check this idea out. If basically everyone who is involved with the band is well fed up with eddie (or so the rumours are...) or eddie is messed up or something, why doesn' alex, mikey and sammy record and album together and let sammy play guitar as a 3 piece. you know? i mean if it's supposedly about the music of the band, this should have been done or talked about right after the 2004 tour.
    seriously i think this is a logical and plausible idea. why i dont work for warner bros. in scarborough i will never know.

Last Online

10.23.15 @ 04:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well, I guess they could include Alex in their group the Other Half but Edward's musical genius is what I crave from the group. If I want Sammy's output, I can always buy his new upcoming solo CD. You do know Edward writes all the music, right? Without him, it's well, the Other Half.

Last Online

07.31.17 @ 10:58 PM
    Liked 94 Times in 60 Posts

well honestly how do you know that eddie writes all the music? he could have said that but knowing his boozing it may not be 100% accurate dude. and i dont even remember who the other half is. isnt it that band with lauser on drums that plays cabo once in a while? all 4 of them are very good musicians. and plus eddie isnt a factor anymore since he is hitting the sauce or whatever big time, hence my suggestion of a 3 piece without him.

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 12:26 PM
    Liked 37 Times in 19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RevolutionMan
    Honestly i can't say i've ever read this on this board or what not but check this idea out. If basically everyone who is involved with the band is well fed up with eddie (or so the rumours are...) or eddie is messed up or something, why doesn' alex, mikey and sammy record and album together and let sammy play guitar as a 3 piece. you know? i mean if it's supposedly about the music of the band, this should have been done or talked about right after the 2004 tour.
    seriously i think this is a logical and plausible idea. why i dont work for warner bros. in scarborough i will never know.
    Sammy play lead guitar? You're kidding, right? Sammy playing a solo from time to time in the Warbarito bar band is one thing, but playing full-time lead in the "band" Van Halen is quite another. I've never heard an interesting solo written or performed by Sam....Sorry, just my opinion.

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

well honestly how do you know that eddie writes all the music? he could have said that but knowing his boozing it may not be 100% accurate dude. and i dont even remember who the other half is. isnt it that band with lauser on drums that plays cabo once in a while? all 4 of them are very good musicians. and plus eddie isnt a factor anymore since he is hitting the sauce or whatever big time, hence my suggestion of a 3 piece without him.
    Actually, I'm a dudette . Edward has said many times over the years he writes all the music and no one has jumped in and said he's full of it. I'm thinking that if it weren't true, Roth or Hager would have called him out for lying. I mean, Dave's telling the world Edward's on meth and he gave him the idea for striping his guitar. I can't imagine Roth wouldn't take credit for the music if he wrote it. I think there has been help with the bridges and that sort of thing to finish a song.

Yes, the Other Half is what Sammy and Michael are calling it when they do a set of VH with the drummer and guitarist from the Wabo's. As for Edward, we have no idea if he's is still drinking since we never see or hear from him. He could be in a better place even as we type.

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, DOA
    Last Online

06.14.17 @ 06:46 PM
    Liked 23 Times in 9 Posts

Donor

Van Halen without Eddie. That may be the single worst idea I have ever heard regarding the band.

Favorite VH Album

The one with Ed on guitar.
    Favorite VH Song

The one with Ed's amazing solo
    Last Online

12.05.17 @ 03:49 PM
    Liked 186 Times in 92 Posts

If they where to release new MUSIC without Eddie, then it would be another SAMMY solo album, you could expect a MUSICAL MASTER PIECE like MAS TEQUILA.

Without Eddie, there is NO Van Halen, and THEY know it.
    "I could call it anything, but the only word I can think of is Brown. It's just a warm sound. Warm, big, majestic" - Eddie Van Halen on his Tone

"Van Halen is definitely a ladies band, and I´ve got the Polaroids to prove it". - David Lee Roth

WOLFGANG did the IMPOSSIBLE, he brought back VAN HALEN, DEAL WITH IT.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Women Down
    Favorite VH Song

Chicken Feet for Breakfast
    Last Online

07.11.09 @ 03:27 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Yeah, Sammy's gtr is about as exciting as milk.
    How bout a pizza without cheese and a non-alchoholic beer with that idea.

Last Online

05.18.07 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Do you really think Al is going to make music without his brother involved and call it VanHalen. C'mon get real The brothers have played music together their entire lives, and, I bet still do, and will in the future. If you look at this as a whole these guys have been playing music together for what??...fourty years now?? Eddie has said the only thing he hears in his monitor is Al's drums....kinda like his mommas' heart beat in the womb maybe?? And you think at this point one of them is going off on his own??? Blood is thicker than water, or money or Alcohol, or whatever else can get in the way. BTW, I'm sure these guys fight like all bros do, but does anyone remember any documented fights between the bros?? They're tight, and they keep their personal shit personal...it's between them!! No Ed or Al...No VanHalen!!

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

FW, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:09 AM
    Liked 135 Times in 99 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ED-A-HOLIC
    If they where to release new MUSIC without Eddie, then it would be another SAMMY solo album, you could expect a MUSICAL MASTER PIECE like MAS TEQUILA.

Without Eddie, there is NO Van Halen, and THEY know it.
    so you obviously don't like mas tequila....why would you say thats what we could expect? the album AFTER that was much better anyway. and the album right before it was IMO his best as a solo artist. that was just an unnecessary rip on sammy cause you don't like him
    Last edited by OnTheInside1985; 02.27.06 at 02:56 PM.

Favorite VH Album

For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge
    Favorite VH Song

Aftershock/Humans Being
    Last Online

02.27.06 @ 03:51 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It is a great question, and I'm sure many if not all Van Halen fans have contemplated that at least for a millisecond. But what makes Van Halen, Van Halen is, well........Van Halen.......it's not the same without Eddie and it's not the same without Alex. There is no guitarist in the world that could even come CLOSE to Eddie. His sound is so unique, it's the same with Alex, but that's not the question at hand. To put it simply, Eddie, being the hardcore drunk he seems to be, he still writes incredible riffs. And whoever says that Eddie does all the writing, COULDN'T BE MORE WRONG!!!! They all write their own parts. Eddie handles the guitar riffs, Alex does the drum/percussion parts, Mikey does all the bass parts, and Sammy writes and sings the lyrics. So to make a long dragging out message short, NO....there is no way Van Halen would work without both Van Halen brothers. I bet that's never even crossed Alex's mind.

Top Of The World
    Last Online

08.01.13 @ 08:53 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It has been stated in many interviews with both Sammy and Dave that Eddie does not write all the music. Both Sammy and Dave have stated in addition to the lyrics they have a lot to do with the harmony. The classic VH with Dave was much more straight forward, so one would guess that Dave's harmony contributions are less than Sammy's. I think anyone who thinks that Eddie comes up with these complete songs with the exception of the lyrics is way off base (maybe excluding VH3).

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I wasn't saying that Edward writes the lyrics and I also mentioned that the others help with bridges and that sort of thing, but he does bring the music to the table and it's polished from there. (with the exception of III which he said the lyrics came first) But if I'm wrong, that's cool (been wrong many times before)

Favorite VH Album

The one with Ed on guitar.
    Favorite VH Song

The one with Ed's amazing solo
    Last Online

12.05.17 @ 03:49 PM
    Liked 186 Times in 92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OnTheInside1985
    so you obviously don't like mas tequila....why would you say thats what we could expect? the album AFTER that was much better anyway. and the album right before it was IMO his best as a solo artist. that was just an unnecessary rip on sammy cause you don't like him

PURE IRONY DUDE!!!
    "I could call it anything, but the only word I can think of is Brown. It's just a warm sound. Warm, big, majestic" - Eddie Van Halen on his Tone

"Van Halen is definitely a ladies band, and I´ve got the Polaroids to prove it". - David Lee Roth

WOLFGANG did the IMPOSSIBLE, he brought back VAN HALEN, DEAL WITH IT.

Favorite VH Album

BOBW
    Favorite VH Song

Crossing over
    Last Online

04.03.12 @ 11:26 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

to tie this thread in with the recent posts, George lynch could fill in.....atleast that way on tour, we could hear something close to eruption...
    Sam, Dave,Gary... who cares. its all about what makes you feel good.