Balance
    Favorite VH Song

All of them
    Last Online

08.29.11 @ 12:46 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default David Lee Roth show on hiatus

FreeFM crumbling...

"As of February 27, 2006 the David Lee Roth Show was put into hiatus in all of its markets. According to published reports in the New York Daily News (See Here) reportedly Roth was complaining to WFNY-FM General Manager Tom Chiusano that that the studio he uses which was renovated following the departure of Howard Stern was infested with asbestos, dust and dust mites but unidentified sources within WFNY claim that Roth is nothing more then a radio diva and he and his manager Matt Sencio are "Out of Control and that Roth is trying to get fired by CBS Radio with full pay". Local DJs in each market will temporarily replace Roth until all of the issues between him and CBS Radio can be resolved."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_David_Lee_Roth_Show
    Live by the VH attitude, die by the VH attitude.
    \mm/\mm/

"What do you wanna do with your life?

I WANNA ROCK!"

Alex Van Halen "THE BEATLES will never get back together and David Lee Roth will never again sing with VAN HALEN."
    the way it should have been link below:
    http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4...5dd0881lk8.jpg

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Last Online

08.07.17 @ 08:14 PM
    Liked 313 Times in 149 Posts

Donor

Wow...

Big surprise...
    Jet City Super Stealth
    Marshall 50th Anniversary JCM-1H and Class 5 Combo
    Austin Speaker Works KTS-60

Favorite VH Album

All (Yes, even "VH 3").
    Favorite VH Song

All (except "How Many Say I")
    Last Online

08.31.17 @ 07:33 PM
    Liked 31 Times in 11 Posts

Default Hmmmm? Now Dave's on hiatus just like VH.

Sounds like the beginning of the end of DLR's radio gig and the beginning of the DLR is back in VH rumors .
    "Question is,not does love exist,but when,she leaves,where she goes. I got a feeling she don't know either. Wait like the wind,watch where she blows..."

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

wikipedia is a poor source for news.... Anyone can post shit on there...
    The New York News article is old, Originally published on January 24, 2006

Quote Originally Posted by AJHV
    FreeFM crumbling...

"As of February 27, 2006 the David Lee Roth Show was put into hiatus in all of its markets. According to published reports in the New York Daily News (See Here) reportedly Roth was complaining to WFNY-FM General Manager Tom Chiusano that that the studio he uses which was renovated following the departure of Howard Stern was infested with asbestos, dust and dust mites but unidentified sources within WFNY claim that Roth is nothing more then a radio diva and he and his manager Matt Sencio are "Out of Control and that Roth is trying to get fired by CBS Radio with full pay". Local DJs in each market will temporarily replace Roth until all of the issues between him and CBS Radio can be resolved."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_David_Lee_Roth_Show
    Last edited by voivod; 02.25.06 at 06:04 PM.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

fair warning, women & children
    Favorite VH Song

unchained,take your whiskey
    Last Online

11.30.15 @ 02:22 PM
    Liked 14 Times in 8 Posts

Donor

dave goes on vacation next week,..the afternoon guys..barsky..are filling in.
    Let the dlr + VH rumors begin!
    Eddie is the greatest, period

The Unofficial VHLinks RRHOF

SkyyeFM-Radio without the Rules(Webpage)

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Balance/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/5150/Don\'t Tell Me
    Last Online

04.29.16 @ 07:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

....the world is crumblin' down around us.
    Actually I think most of us are Dave, Sam, and Mike fans. There's just a small group of people who have strange allegiances and like to get into petty pissing contests that I can't believe everyone on this site isn't bored of. - Brett

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy
    ....the world is crumblin' down around us.
    It said so on Wikipedia !
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

The David Lee Roth Show is a talk show on Free FM radio. He is on in New York, Philadelphia, Dallas Boston, Cleveland, Pittsburgh and West Palm Beach. The David Lee Roth Show airs from 6am-10am, Monday through Friday.

As of February 27, 2006 David Lee Roth is taking a well needed vacation. Local DJs in each market will temporarily replace Roth while he is recording with Van Halen at 5150. He will return from 5150 studio on March 26th, 2006 once recording of his vocals are complete for the new Van Halen album.
    Last edited by voivod; 02.25.06 at 07:43 PM.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by perticelli
    dave goes on vacation next week,..the afternoon guys..barsky..are filling in.
    Let the dlr + VH rumors begin!

True, he could get the vocals recorded in a week, but it'll take another four months of studio trickery to get them to sound good...

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Isn't it obvious?
    Last Online

09.13.06 @ 09:37 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by voivod
    The David Lee Roth Show is a talk show on Free FM radio. He is on in New York, Philadelphia, Dallas Boston, Cleveland, Pittsburgh and West Palm Beach. The David Lee Roth Show airs from 6am-10am, Monday through Friday.

As of February 27, 2006 David Lee Roth is taking a well needed vacation. Local DJs in each market will temporarily replace Roth while he is recording with Van Halen at 5150. He will return from 5150 studio on March 26th, 2006 once recording of his vocals are complete for the new Van Halen album.
    Geez! I wish I could work a couple of months and get a nice vacation!
    Honey, I ain't through with you!

GO ILLINI!!!!!!!

Last Online

04.19.06 @ 09:32 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I said six months.I was off by three. Looks like Davey boy just aint cut out for the working life.

Favorite VH Album

The 1 that had that 1 song
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:42 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pfloyd
    I said six months.I was off by three. Looks like Davey boy just aint cut out for the working life.
    He didn't even make it two full months...you were off by 4.
    "Jesus, that fucker just crawled out of his hen house that was destroyed by the Alabama tornados. Fucking 280mph plus winds sucked the gleam off this bitch and passed it on to a bird in Rhoad Island." - Hurricane Halen 5/3/11 (about my birthday chicken from seenbad)

"Pete is this big, loud muthafucker with a big ass heart, y'all!!!!---------" - Hurricane Halen 9/27/13

"Princess Freckle-Tits hasn't had a good day." LLFHS 7/8/10 (on Lindsay Lohans' legal drama)

http://www.facebook.com/RedRockinMonkeyBoy

CHILDREN OF "THE FOOT" UNITE

Favorite VH Album

dont ask i love em all
    Favorite VH Song

ARE U KIDDING ME
    Last Online

06.16.12 @ 03:16 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

on the air barely 2 months ands its vacation time??????? either some body is stressed out or they wore out their welcome............. :

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 01:39 PM
    Liked 1,387 Times in 761 Posts

6 weeks of work, one week of vacation.

I want that gig!
    Little Dreamer

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Beautiful Girls!
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 02:08 AM
    Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/sto...p-326862c.html

Quote Originally Posted by NY Daily News
    Looks like rock-star-turned-shock-jock David Lee Roth is having an ugly launch as Howard Stern's successor, with radio station staffers grumbling about Roth's allegedly bad behavior.

My sources at 92.3 Free FM - formerly K-Rock - tell me that the former Van Halen front man and his manager, Matt Sencio, "are totally out of control and out of their league when it comes to producing a radio show," as one disgruntled employee put it.

"This guy [Roth] is impossible to work with. A real arrogant, self-righteous a-," says a Lowdown spy. "All the execs know they made the two biggest errors in radio history - letting Stern go to Sirius and hiring this moron Roth. He never preps for a show. He is out the door five minutes after the show, unless he is 'forced' to record a commercial or re-record ones he made errors on."

According to the anti-Roth faction, he demanded that general manager Tom Chiusano do expensive renovations on Stern's old studio, then refused to use it, claiming asbestos infestation. He ripped down the walls of a temporary studio because of suspected dust behind the walls.

"He swears he is allergic to dust and smoke, but smells like an ashtray," says the spy.

The source also says Roth's manager got into a shouting match with program director Mark Chernoff on one of the first few days of the show. Then, the spy says, "Roth insisted on decorating the halls and studios, and then he had a moving company come in and remove dozens of pictures and his fake palm trees while he mumbled about Tom and the bastards at Infinity," he said.

In addition, said the source, Roth "hates Tom and is vocal about that to almost everyone he talks at. It's almost like he wants to get fired, and take the money and run."

My detailed messages to various and sundry went unreturned yesterday, and a station spokeswoman declined to comment.
    Article Number 2:

Quote Originally Posted by Cleveland Plain Dealer
    WNCX plugs in local show for vacationing David Lee Roth
    Saturday, February 25, 2006
    Julie E. Washington
    Plain Dealer Reporter

David Lee Roth is taking a one-week hiatus from his critically drubbed morning show starting Monday, but his bosses insist he'll be back.

Roth's vacation has been planned for weeks, said Tom Herschel, vice president and general manager of WNCX FM/98.5.

Roth has had the job for less than two months. What kind of job grants vacation time that soon?
    "He's exhausted. He's a superstar," Herschel said. "I don't know why he's taking a vacation."

Classic-rock station WNCX will replace Roth with a program called "Five Cleveland Mornings." Bill Louis, WNCX midday host and program director, and musician Alex Bevan will co-host the show highlighting Cleveland's radio and rock history.

Starting Monday, "Five Cleveland Mornings" will be heard 6 to 10 a.m. Monday's guests include Artful Dodger front man Billy Paliselli, radio veteran Ruby Cheeks and Cleveland Agora owner Hank LoConti Sr. Other guests throughout the week include concert promoter Jules Belkin and radio veterans Ed "Flash" Ferenc and Len "Boom Boom" Goldberg.

Roth, 51, started his show on some of Howard Stern's former stations Jan. 3. The former Van Halen frontman is heard in Cleveland, New York, Boston, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Dallas and West Palm Beach, Fla.

Rover, morning DJ on Cleveland's WXTM FM/92.3, is on mostly in Midwestern cities.
    Hahaha I knew he wasn't going to last... What has it been 2 months, and he is already done? Maybe infinity should have left KROCK as a rock station and not changed formats, let alone let Dave be the morning drive person.
    Last edited by Bostonian; 02.26.06 at 05:58 AM.