Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Outta Love
    Last Online

02.23.06 @ 01:37 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default The pre-Sammy Billy Squier rumor

Has anyone besides me ever heard the rumor that VH was considering bringing aboard Billy Squier before they decided on Sammy. I, for one, would have loved to hear that.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Balance/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/5150/Don\'t Tell Me
    Last Online

04.29.16 @ 07:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

BS would be cool.

Doesn't have the lyrical depth of a Cherone, but could appeal more to the beer drinking, frat boy mentallity that attracted fans to the band during Hagar's reign.

I've got his greatest hits...decent stuff.
    Actually I think most of us are Dave, Sam, and Mike fans. There's just a small group of people who have strange allegiances and like to get into petty pissing contests that I can't believe everyone on this site isn't bored of. - Brett

Favorite VH Album

FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 04:09 AM
    Liked 1,885 Times in 1,102 Posts

I heard the guy who was head of Gene Simmons record label didn't want to sign VH because he was gonna sign a band named Piper instead...lead singer of Piper....Billy Squier....bet that guy is kicking himself in the ass, I know those piper disks are still selling like hotcakes....

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

03.25.08 @ 01:14 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think it was more the other way around. When VH was looking for a new singer, Billy Squire wanted to throw his name in the hat.

I don't know if this happened originally back in '85.....but I heard it as a rumor in 1996 post Dave.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

5150 Banana Time!!!

Who's got the fucking banana!!?!?!?!??
    Last edited by voivod; 02.23.06 at 02:09 PM.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Eruption
    Last Online

10.19.17 @ 03:51 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default BS rumors

I remember hearing about those. At the same time I heard about those, I also heard rumors about a few other bigger names at the time.

Not the biggest of Squire fans. Seen several interviews. Seems kind of full of himself a bit. Oh, what am I saying? Maybe he would have been a good fit after thinking about that. (Sorry, just the same old frustrated VH fan coming through again. Thanks a lot guys.)

I do wonder what Squire would have sounded like doing the Roth era tunes, though?

Guess I shouldn't ask this here. But has anybody seen the new Guitar Player mag? There's a 2 page add for the EVH series guitars (Charvel) and an add for what looked to me like a new EVH Phaser. Heck, I was just glad to see a new add (let alone some music). Maybe with advertisements of some of Eddie's stuff on the increase, maybe that means we'll see something else (music, interviews, anything)?

Take care everybody. Have a safe Mardi Gras party wherever you are.

"F" THE ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME!!!!!!!!!!!

Favorite VH Album

1984 / 5150
    Favorite VH Song

the ones with ed on them.
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 02:42 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by cokemach1
    Guess I shouldn't ask this here. But has anybody seen the new Guitar Player mag? There's a 2 page add for the EVH series guitars (Charvel) and an add for what looked to me like a new EVH Phaser. Heck, I was just glad to see a new add (let alone some music). Maybe with advertisements of some of Eddie's stuff on the increase, maybe that means we'll see something else (music, interviews, anything)?
    You mean these?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"20 minutes (late to work)? Shit. Last year I woke up three weeks too late.
    My advice is to go for the alien abduction story. Look bemused, dishevelled and on the verge of tears as you recount your story of intrusive and degrading medical tests.
    Worked for me anyway. I still have colleagues asking me what it is like to fuck a green womanoid with seventeen breasts.
    Alternatively just walk in and inform everyone that alcoholism is indeed a disease and that they should be less judgemental and perhaps a little more supportive."
    - graeme on the addiction to this place.

"something tells me that after the nuclear holocaust, there'll be twinkies, cockroaches, and a dave vs. sammy argument going on somewhere".
    - han valen, 6.11.04

"in my best "saw" scary movie voice: "oh, yes, there will be beagles."
    - hatchetforce, 6.7.06

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Billy Squier fronting VH?

NO THANK YOU!!!
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

10.26.17 @ 10:46 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Bill Squier wasn't really considered. Australian vocalist Jimmy Barnes was probably only other real consideration aside from Sammy.

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

hey that was a kewl shot of the famous (or infamous) Squier high-stepper.

Don't Say You Love Me..............................
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

"A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Hot for Teacher
    Last Online

10.04.17 @ 08:41 PM
    Liked 13 Times in 8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by voivod

Billy Squier fronting VH?

NO THANK YOU!!!
    That is about the gayest Billy Squier video you could find.

However in defense, of Squier there is this.

Better use it up before it gets old!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

01.06.12 @ 12:23 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I'll tell you guys a Disc to pick up. If you can find it it's called " Happy Blue" and was recorded by Squier about 3 or 4 years ago. He's a bit of a mystery now to his fans. He popped up and did a acoustic gig at BB Kings in New York a couple of months back and did that summer tour a few years ago but other than that he seems to be a bit of a recluse. Spends alot of time mountain climbing in Nepal and other places from what I gather.
    Back to "Happy Blue" it is a solid solo acoustic thing, no other instruments at all. All new songs with the exception of a acoustic version of "The Stroke".
    Anyhow 1 of my favorite discs when I out on the road for business traveling. The guy was definitly a underrated player and I would have loved to see him in VH, but I think it would have been short term. I think the brothers and him ego wise would have lasted about 1 tour.
    Another early Squier disc to pick up is called "The Tale of the Tape".
    Saw him live a few times and always a great band and good live performer.
    All you need in this life is a tremendous sex drive and a great ego , brain's don't mean a shit! ~ Captain Tony Tarracino

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. ~ Hunter S. Thompson

When you figure out that you can't figure it out, your finally gettin your shit together. ~ Jimmy Buffett

http://www.myspace.com/palm_trees_and_mojitos

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

06.29.08 @ 09:59 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

ok lets debunk this myth right now.... All that was ever said about this fag joining VH,, and yes he is out of the closet..... like stroke me stroke me was about a girl or a radio... All that was ever said was a 85 Circus Mag interview with Billy, he merely stated he would've liked to have been asked to join VH, but was never contacted, and I've never heard Ed or Al ever saying anything about Billy either.

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Hot for Teacher
    Last Online

10.04.17 @ 08:41 PM
    Liked 13 Times in 8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by arcticwolf64
    I'll tell you guys a Disc to pick up. If you can find it it's called " Happy Blue" and was recorded by Squier about 3 or 4 years ago. He's a bit of a mystery now to his fans. He popped up and did a acoustic gig at BB Kings in New York a couple of months back and did that summer tour a few years ago but other than that he seems to be a bit of a recluse. Spends alot of time mountain climbing in Nepal and other places from what I gather.
    Back to "Happy Blue" it is a solid solo acoustic thing, no other instruments at all. All new songs with the exception of a acoustic version of "The Stroke".
    Anyhow 1 of my favorite discs when I out on the road for business traveling. The guy was definitly a underrated player and I would have loved to see him in VH, but I think it would have been short term. I think the brothers and him ego wise would have lasted about 1 tour.
    Another early Squier disc to pick up is called "The Tale of the Tape".
    Saw him live a few times and always a great band and good live performer.
    I like Squier, I think he is a great song writer and musician. Happy Blue is Great! On Tale of the Tape his song 'The Big Beat' is one of the most sampled songs ever.

I saw him on that summer tour, he sounded great. 'Everybody Wants You' rocks live!

I think him and Ed are too much alike to get along. Both are recluse perfectionists. I think they could have made a few great songs though.
    Better use it up before it gets old!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

01.06.12 @ 12:23 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by pancho
    ok lets debunk this myth right now.... All that was ever said about this fag joining VH,, and yes he is out of the closet..... like stroke me stroke me was about a girl or a radio... All that was ever said was a 85 Circus Mag interview with Billy, he merely stated he would've liked to have been asked to join VH, but was never contacted, and I've never heard Ed or Al ever saying anything about Billy either.
    I gotta debate this with you. I can't say for sure but I'm pretty confident that Squier is not gay. During his heyday he had some some pretty hot ladies he was involved with.

In regards to what "The Stroke" is about. It's not about waxing your dolphin.
    It's about the music business and the people that have the "Stroke" to make things happen. He was referring to the unethical side of the business.

Just thought I would clear up that for you!
    All you need in this life is a tremendous sex drive and a great ego , brain's don't mean a shit! ~ Captain Tony Tarracino

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. ~ Hunter S. Thompson

When you figure out that you can't figure it out, your finally gettin your shit together. ~ Jimmy Buffett

http://www.myspace.com/palm_trees_and_mojitos