Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:57 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

Default Teen guilty of killing, cutting up friend

WTF is wrong with kids today????

Teen guilty of killing, cutting up friend
    After fight over boys, victim's remains found in two counties

Thursday, February 23, 2006; Posted: 1:23 a.m. EST (06:23 GMT)

DIXON, Illinois (AP) -- A teenage girl was convicted Wednesday of killing a 16-year-old classmate who was choked, beaten and sawed into pieces after an argument over boys.

Sarah Kolb, 17, faces of up to 60 years in prison.

The victim, Adrianne Reynolds, had just moved to East Moline, Illinois, from Texas about two months before the killing. Prosecutors said she was just trying to fit in at a new school but picked the wrong friend.

On January 21, 2005, Kolb, Reynolds and schoolmate Cory Gregory were in Kolb's car at a fast-food restaurant when the fight began. Reynolds was killed and her body was burned, dismembered and hidden in two counties.

Gregory also is charged with murder and concealing a homicide and is scheduled to stand trial May 1.

Kolb showed no reaction as the verdict was read. Her family and Reynolds' family wept quietly as the jury was polled.

The trial was Kolb's second in three months. The first ended in a mistrial in November when a Rock Island County jury deadlocked 11-1 in favor of conviction. Her retrial was moved to Dixon, about 60 miles away.

Wrote about killing in journal
    In the retrial, prosecutor Jeff Terronez said Kolb wrote in a class journal that she was going to kill Reynolds just hours before Reynolds was beaten and strangled in the car.

Terronez said Kolb was angry because Reynolds had shown interest in Kolb's boyfriend and had gone on a date with Gregory, her ex-boyfriend.

Defense attorney David Hoffman told jurors it was Gregory who killed Reynolds. But prosecutors said Kolb was still accountable because she choked and beat Reynolds before Gregory "finished her off."

Prosecutors say the two took the girl's body to Kolb's grandparents' farm and burned it, then returned two days later, sawed the body into pieces and dumped the remains on the farm and in Black Hawk State Park in Rock Island.

In her first trial, Kolb testified that Gregory strangled Reynolds, then hit Kolb and threatened to kill her, her family and her cats if she reported the crime. Gregory, who has pleaded not guilty, denied that account in a television interview.

Kolb did not testify in her second trial, and the defense rested without presenting a case.
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

04.01.11 @ 07:59 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hmm, the sequel to Mean Girls, huh? WTF is wrong with people?
    Stupid is forever, ignorance can be fixed.
    False words are not only evil in themselves, but they infect the soul with evil.
    Compassion is the basis of all morality.
    The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.
    www.myspace.com/getracefan8

Favorite VH Album

The 1 that had that 1 song
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:42 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

And who say hometown news never reaches tha masses.

This was a BIG deal here. The girl is cold and calculated, you can tell just by looking at her face.

The Gregory kid that is going on trial later this year has already been told by his lawyer that he's going to plead "Diminished Capacity." Basically, he's dumber than a brick and his lawyer is going to try and prove he doesn't have the cognitive reasoning to understand that what he did was wrong.

There was also another kid involved in the cutting up of the body and helping scatter the remains. If it wasn't for him, they never would've found the body parts. He plead guilty to covering up a homicide and got 5 years in juvenile detention.
    "Jesus, that fucker just crawled out of his hen house that was destroyed by the Alabama tornados. Fucking 280mph plus winds sucked the gleam off this bitch and passed it on to a bird in Rhoad Island." - Hurricane Halen 5/3/11 (about my birthday chicken from seenbad)

"Pete is this big, loud muthafucker with a big ass heart, y'all!!!!---------" - Hurricane Halen 9/27/13

"Princess Freckle-Tits hasn't had a good day." LLFHS 7/8/10 (on Lindsay Lohans' legal drama)

http://www.facebook.com/RedRockinMonkeyBoy

CHILDREN OF "THE FOOT" UNITE

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Voodoo Queen
    Last Online

09.01.07 @ 03:35 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

c'mon Monkeyboy, she can't be to blame; she's a girl!

Last Online

01.13.07 @ 11:34 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've wanted to kill girls before and I've had girls say they wanted to kill me, but goddamn!!!!
    So you broke down, trying to leave town, I broke down crying on your return. You left me feeling hopeful, I'll never see your face again. You made for a bad lover's liver. You stole all the covers and busted my head. You made me such an asshole, I wish we'd never met. I'm tired of being bored. I'm through with the headaches. Hiding my hands that tremble like earthquakes. Under the table, under the daytime sky, Good Fucking Bye- Good Fucking Bye, Alkaline Trio

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 06:57 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

F.L.O.A.

Future Lesbian of America

One of the first things Sarah Kolb did after being convicted in the murder of Adrianne Reynolds was to visit the barber at the Rock Island County Jail.

The 17-year-old was returned to Rock Island on Wednesday shortly after being convicted in Dixon, Ill., on two counts of first-degree murder and one charge of concealing Reynolds’ January 2005 murder.

After Kolb had her head partially shaved, jail officials said, her jailhouse mug shot was retaken. The result was the talk of the jail and courthouse complex in Rock Island today.

“Because she drastically changed her appearance like that, for security reasons, we take a new mug,” Sheriff’s Capt. Dick Fisher said. “We would do that any time an inmate changes in appearance that dramatically.”

Rock Island County State’s Attorney Jeff Terronez, who prosecuted Kolb in her first and second trials, said, “I view this as a form of Sarah expressing herself about her circumstances.”

Sheriff Mike Grchan said there was a time when all inmates’ heads were shaved as a precautionary measure against head lice. However, the practice ended many years ago.

“We can’t tell people how to cut their hair anymore — Supreme Court rule,” he said. “They have the right to self-expression.”

With the new and old mug shots side-by-side, it may appear as if Kolb also had her hair colored. Jail officials said that is not the case and hair coloring is not available at the jail. More likely, they said, Kolb's hair is simply wet and appears darker in the photo.

During her nearly three-week retrial in Lee County, Kolb appeared to be using her hair to hide her face. The effort was particularly obvious the one time she broke down in tears, pulling her bangs in front of her face and shielding her tears from the jury.

Her sentencing hearing has not yet been scheduled. The maximum sentence for first-degree murder is 60 years. Concealment of a homicide carries a maximum five-year penalty.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phatie
    c'mon Monkeyboy, she can't be to blame; she's a girl!
    The local news ran excerpts of her journal that she was supposed to keep for school. The little bitch had all kinds of psychotic things in there. One entry was even saying how she'd kill Adrianne Reynolds if she found out she had slept with the Gregory kid.

To let you know the mindset of these three that did this to the girl. After the killed her, burned part of her body and cut it up, they went to McDonalds to eat because they were hungry. I'm telling you there is something seriously wrong with all three of them.

The third kid who only got 5 years in juvenile detention had the best lawyer of all three. In less than five years he walks out a free man.
    "Jesus, that fucker just crawled out of his hen house that was destroyed by the Alabama tornados. Fucking 280mph plus winds sucked the gleam off this bitch and passed it on to a bird in Rhoad Island." - Hurricane Halen 5/3/11 (about my birthday chicken from seenbad)

"Pete is this big, loud muthafucker with a big ass heart, y'all!!!!---------" - Hurricane Halen 9/27/13

"Princess Freckle-Tits hasn't had a good day." LLFHS 7/8/10 (on Lindsay Lohans' legal drama)

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Voodoo Queen
    Last Online

09.01.07 @ 03:35 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

What's the world coming to with teenage girl hackings, murder-for-hire plots, female teacher-student rapings, mother's cutting baby arms off, grandmother baby stabbings, etc. Do you suppose this may have to do with the abortion issue, and how it cheapens life, or just random genetics, the internet, public schools, wha?? It's getting really weird on planet earth...

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Good Enough/Little Guitars
    Last Online

06.25.15 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 42 Times in 11 Posts

Notice the smirk in the second mug shot. Its clear proof she's a heartless bitch. This world is on a sad downward spiral. The scary thing is, I'm gonna have to deal with this shit for the next few years. I'll be having friends killing themselves or others, because of drugs, cars, or various reasons, and I'll be doing what I can to stay outta that shit.

Man, life in this era sucks. I wish things could be the way they were when my parents were kids. They had worries, but none like these.
    "I respect that youre passionate about this but what your saying is complete idiocy..." - MF5150 on McDonald's "preying" on young kids.

"He was born a human, he's a horse's ass by proxy." - It's Mike on Eddymon.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

I definately don't envy you. Thing is though my little VH buddy, this kinda thing was going on when your parents were kids too. It just wasn't talked about outside the communities it happened in. News didn't travel too far outside the community.

When I was your age in the mid 80's, I knew three kids that were involved in violent crimes that were highly publicized in my area. Out of the area, no one had ever heard the cases. Now, with the internet, this kind of attention is almost par for the course. To see this muder conviction on VHLinks is a cold dose of reality to how this impacts people today. The fact we're debating a case that I followed on the local news, here, is almost surreal to me.

Just do the best you can at steering clear of people like this, Keep good grades and the right friends and you'll come out fine. Also, listen to your parents when they tell you "No" about something, they're probably right. Start getting a "I hate the world and I'm taking everyone with me" attitude, you could end up in this perdicament. I had that attitude for a while, because I was at my wits-end with my step-dad.

It got so bad I literally picked him up and body slammed him one day out of pure frustrated stupidity. He's all of 5'6" and 150 pounds soaking wet. I was 6'0" and about 200. The only thing that kept me out of jail for that was his concern for me. Looking back on everything now, I realize that he did things for me that my natural father never did for me. He's actually the one I can talk to the easiest out of all my parents.

Keep your chin up friend. That way your not face down in the shit.
    Last edited by RRMB; 02.24.06 at 04:47 PM.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

What Red said.

There were kids at my highschool that beat some old man with an axe for his coin collection. This was in 1981. Everyone was shocked but nobody was suprised.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

Poundcake, WCTBL, Humans Being
    Last Online

08.28.09 @ 01:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This kind of stuff is constantly ongoing all of the time now it seems. Alot of innocent people's live's are being taken, for no reason at all. Especially all these children. Hard to believe people can go to these extremes.

"It's 5150 Time"

Last Online

06.10.07 @ 04:25 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Yeah, this has always happened. We just hear more about it today, because media coverage is better. I doubt very seriously that abortion has had anything to do with it.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 10:54 AM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

Sure are a lot of fucked up people in the world.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Good Enough/Little Guitars
    Last Online

06.25.15 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 42 Times in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Redrockinmonkeyboy
    I definately don't envy you. Thing is though my little VH buddy, this kinda thing was going on when your parents were kids too. It just wasn't talked about outside the communities it happened in. News didn't travel too far outside the community.

When I was your age in the mid 80's, I knew three kids that were involved in violent crimes that were highly publicized in my area. Out of the area, no one had ever heard the cases. Now, with the internet, this kind of attention is almost par for the course. To see this muder conviction on VHLinks is a cold dose of reality to how this impacts people today. The fact we're debating a case that I followed on the local news, here, is almost surreal to me.

Just do the best you can at steering clear of people like this, Keep good grades and the right friends and you'll come out fine. Also, listen to your parents when they tell you "No" about something, they're probably right. Start getting a "I hate the world and I'm taking everyone with me" attitude, you could end up in this perdicament. I had that attitude for a while, because I was at my wits-end with my step-dad.

It got so bad I literally picked him up and body slammed him one day out of pure frustrated stupidity. He's all of 5'6" and 150 pounds soaking wet. I was 6'0" and about 200. The only thing that kept me out of jail for that was his concern for me. Looking back on everything now, I realize that he did things for me that my natural father never did for me. He's actually the one I can talk to the easiest out of all my parents.

Keep your chin up friend. That way your not face down in the shit.
    Thanks, RRMB! Good post!
    Last edited by ZachenFoot; 02.24.06 at 08:34 PM.
    "I respect that youre passionate about this but what your saying is complete idiocy..." - MF5150 on McDonald's "preying" on young kids.

"He was born a human, he's a horse's ass by proxy." - It's Mike on Eddymon.