Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Default Teen avoids prison in plot to kill dad

Teen avoids prison in plot to kill dad
    By Sarah Prohaska
    Palm Beach Post Staff Writer
    Friday, February 03, 2006

FORT PIERCE — Police say his teenage daughter paid $200 and delivered his own gun to her friend to use to murder him, but Michael Pulcini begged a judge Thursday to keep his family together — and his daughter out of prison — saying he knows she's sorry and that his family has suffered enough.

Prosecutors recommended Ashlee Pulcini, 18, be sentenced to 4 years in a youthful offender prison. But they told Michael Pulcini it was up to him — the victim— to show Circuit Judge Burton Conner why he believed his daughter should face a less-severe punishment.

Ashlee Pulcini wipes ink from her fingers after being fingerprinted at the St. Lucie County Courthouse in Fort Pierce Thursday.

His voice cracking with emotion, Michael Pulcini said he was convinced his daughter realized she made a mistake and did everything possible to stop the alleged hit on his life. His daughter, who was 16 at the time, had never before been in trouble and has sought counseling, he told Conner. She's a straight-A college student who also works full time and helps take care of her younger brother, he said.

"Even though she's my daughter, if I didn't believe she did everything she could to get that gun back before anything happened, I wouldn't be here pleading for leniency," he said. "I understand what could have happened. And I understand what did happen."

In the end, Conner said he gave Michael Pulcini's remarks "tremendous weight." He ordered Ashlee Pulcini to serve two years of house arrest. He also said she must serve 120 days in the county jail, but allowed that to be postponed until May 1, after she finishes her classes this semester, with credit for 30 days of time served. When her house arrest ends, she must serve 4 years of probation, Conner said.

He also agreed to withhold an official declaration of guilt on the single charge of solicitation to commit murder, to which Ashlee Pulcini pleaded no contest. However, Conner said he still found some aspects of the case to be "very disturbing."

"I am satisfied that she thought this scheme through, and had ample time to realize she was setting into motion the wheels of a scheme that would kill someone," Conner said.

Police said Ashlee Pulcini and her then-boyfriend John Coffin hired another teenage acquaintance, Derek Loring, to kill Michael Pulcini, who did not approve of their relationship and had ordered his daughter to stay away from Coffin. Ashlee Pulcini admitted in court to paying Loring $200 and giving him her father's.45-caliber handgun. Coffin allegedly paid the remaining $100.

Coffin also is charged with solicitation to commit murder, and his case is still open. Loring, who told police about the plot, was not charged.

Ashlee Pulcini told Conner she realized she made a mistake and "tried to fix it" by repeatedly calling Loring in an effort to get the gun back. She also said she didn't take the plot seriously at first.

"I am really, truly sorry for everything that has happened, and I don't blame anybody but myself," Ashlee Pulcini said.

Defense attorney Nicole Menz submitted 30 letters from people supporting her client, who all described her as "quiet, polite, well mannered and respectful."

"She's an entirely different person at 18 than she was at 16," Menz said.

Still, Conner warned Pulcini that if she violates her house arrest for even the smallest reason, she could face 30 years in prison, the maximum sentence possible.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/treasur...sent_0203.html

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

08.27.17 @ 09:39 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 105 Posts

Daddy's little girl huh?
    Just go for it!

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

Kids.

Gotta love 'em.

Or else.
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

"A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Voodoo Queen
    Last Online

09.01.07 @ 03:35 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Default Teen guilty of killing, cutting up friend

Teen guilty of killing, cutting up friend
    After fight over boys, victim's remains found in two counties

Thursday, February 23, 2006; Posted: 1:23 a.m. EST (06:23 GMT)

DIXON, Illinois (AP) -- A teenage girl was convicted Wednesday of killing a 16-year-old classmate who was choked, beaten and sawed into pieces after an argument over boys.

Sarah Kolb, 17, faces of up to 60 years in prison.

Sarah Kolb was convicted of killing a classmate and dismembering the body and dumping it in two counties.

The victim, Adrianne Reynolds, had just moved to East Moline, Illinois, from Texas about two months before the killing. Prosecutors said she was just trying to fit in at a new school but picked the wrong friend.

On January 21, 2005, Kolb, Reynolds and schoolmate Cory Gregory were in Kolb's car at a fast-food restaurant when the fight began. Reynolds was killed and her body was burned, dismembered and hidden in two counties.

Gregory also is charged with murder and concealing a homicide and is scheduled to stand trial May 1.

Kolb showed no reaction as the verdict was read. Her family and Reynolds' family wept quietly as the jury was polled.

The trial was Kolb's second in three months. The first ended in a mistrial in November when a Rock Island County jury deadlocked 11-1 in favor of conviction. Her retrial was moved to Dixon, about 60 miles away.

Wrote about killing in journal
    In the retrial, prosecutor Jeff Terronez said Kolb wrote in a class journal that she was going to kill Reynolds just hours before Reynolds was beaten and strangled in the car.

Terronez said Kolb was angry because Reynolds had shown interest in Kolb's boyfriend and had gone on a date with Gregory, her ex-boyfriend.

Defense attorney David Hoffman told jurors it was Gregory who killed Reynolds. But prosecutors said Kolb was still accountable because she choked and beat Reynolds before Gregory "finished her off."

Prosecutors say the two took the girl's body to Kolb's grandparents' farm and burned it, then returned two days later, sawed the body into pieces and dumped the remains on the farm and in Black Hawk State Park in Rock Island.

In her first trial, Kolb testified that Gregory strangled Reynolds, then hit Kolb and threatened to kill her, her family and her cats if she reported the crime. Gregory, who has pleaded not guilty, denied that account in a television interview.

Kolb did not testify in her second trial, and the defense rested without presenting a case.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/02/22/me....ap/index.html

Favorite VH Album

The 1 that had that 1 song
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:42 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

See my remarks in the other thread that is open about the Sarah Kolb conviction.
    "Jesus, that fucker just crawled out of his hen house that was destroyed by the Alabama tornados. Fucking 280mph plus winds sucked the gleam off this bitch and passed it on to a bird in Rhoad Island." - Hurricane Halen 5/3/11 (about my birthday chicken from seenbad)

"Pete is this big, loud muthafucker with a big ass heart, y'all!!!!---------" - Hurricane Halen 9/27/13

"Princess Freckle-Tits hasn't had a good day." LLFHS 7/8/10 (on Lindsay Lohans' legal drama)

http://www.facebook.com/RedRockinMonkeyBoy

CHILDREN OF "THE FOOT" UNITE

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

This is why I think abortion should extended to include being able to off your own kid up until the age of 17.

"Sorry Sweet heart, you're just not working out".....BANG.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

wow.

yeah that's too bad so sad isn't it. disposable teens eh?
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

"A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One

Last Online

05.18.07 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Sometimes ya' just wonder what in the hell is this world coming to?? There was a recent killing here in the metro Detroit area where two people killed a young couple...because they wanted to rob them. Just robbing them wasn't enough, or even killing them...they had to torture them b4 they were done...including injectiing bleach into their veins. I go back and forth over the death penalty, I try hard to have faith, but....I'm only human, the death penalty has its place!!