Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Last Online

04.19.06 @ 09:32 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Official Monsters of Rock 88 Thread

This was THE concert when I look back on all of them through the years. Saw it in Spokane, and it was like a giant out door blistering hot summer campout hosted by the mighty VH. It also sold me on Metallica, who completely knocked everyone on their ass, they have never been close to that good since .Amazing show, anyone else see that tour?

Favorite VH Album

dont ask i love em all
    Favorite VH Song

ARE U KIDDING ME
    Last Online

06.16.12 @ 03:16 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

right here . orange bowl. great show the ob rocked that nite. dokken's lynch gear failed him bad that day . i remember him at the end of the set throwing his esp and almost killing his roadie. ed hanging around the side of the stadium on and off the show.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Voodoo Queen
    Last Online

09.01.07 @ 03:35 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Mile High stadium - 70k people - sold out. Drank 151 and got laid. Stellar show

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

01.06.12 @ 12:23 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

God, I can't believe it was that long ago. I was there at the Kingdome in Seattle. I remember Metallica completly blew the roof off that place. The Scorpions had their set cut in 1/2 when some Asshole threw a camera up and it hit Klaus in the throat. I remember Dokken sucked and Kingdome Come was boring. Vh was good that night but not thier best.
    MVP of that show went to Metallica without a doubt!
    All you need in this life is a tremendous sex drive and a great ego , brain's don't mean a shit! ~ Captain Tony Tarracino

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. ~ Hunter S. Thompson

When you figure out that you can't figure it out, your finally gettin your shit together. ~ Jimmy Buffett

http://www.myspace.com/palm_trees_and_mojitos

Favorite VH Album

II
    Last Online

05.18.16 @ 10:01 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

My first concert. RFK Stadium. I believe they were there 2 shows, I went to the first.

Last Online

12.13.17 @ 12:45 PM
    Liked 1,602 Times in 984 Posts

Donor

Sucked sweaty hairy stanky crusty dingleberries.

(the LA date, that is)

pfloyd's a rebel when it comes to threads and forums.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street/Summer Nights
    Last Online

10.30.17 @ 01:16 PM
    Liked 91 Times in 38 Posts

Akron's Rubber Bowl here....two days. Hot as hell. People dropping like flies. Loved it. I have some great pictures. I will try to scan and post soon.

Last Online

04.19.06 @ 09:32 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by arcticwolf64
    God, I can't believe it was that long ago. I was there at the Kingdome in Seattle. I remember Metallica completly blew the roof off that place. The Scorpions had their set cut in 1/2 when some Asshole threw a camera up and it hit Klaus in the throat. I remember Dokken sucked and Kingdome Come was boring. Vh was good that night but not thier best.
    MVP of that show went to Metallica without a doubt!
    I got a news clip video from that show in Seattle, they said most of the crowd left before VH? Any truth to that?

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, DOA
    Last Online

06.14.17 @ 06:46 PM
    Liked 23 Times in 9 Posts

Donor

Wow, Orange Bowl, Miami. What a long day. Had to skip one of my final days of high school. Can it really be that long ago?

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

10.19.17 @ 06:44 PM
    Liked 55 Times in 21 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Been there, done it, STILL got the t-shirt.

Cotton Bowl, Dallas, TX
    Artists I Have Seen: 1D, 38 Special, Aerosmith, Alabama, Bad Company, Bad English, Billy Squire, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Boston, BTO, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chickenfoot, Cinderella, Daughtry, Dave Matthews Band, Default, Def Leppard, Dio, Dokken, Drowning Pool, Eagles, Earth Wind & Fire, Eddie Money, Eric Clapton, Farenheit, Fleetwood Mac, Foreigner, Garth Brooks, George Strait, Glass Tiger, Heart, Huey Lewis and the News, Jackson Browne, Jimmy Buffett, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Joe Bonamassa, John Mellencamp, Journey, Keel, Kingdom Come, Kings X, KISS, Kool and the Gang, Krokus, Lionel Richie, Little River Band, Lou Gramm, Loverboy, Los Lonely Boys, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Metallica, Michael Bolton, Nickelback, Night Ranger, Paul Stanley, Peter Frampton, Pink Floyd, Poison, Red Rider, REO Speedwagon, Santana, Sammy Hagar, Shinedown, Steely Dan, Steve Miller Band, Styx, Ted Nugent, Tesla, The 1975, The Black Crowes, The Roots, The Wallflowers, U2, Van Halen, Whitesnake, Zac Brown Band, ZZ Top

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

1978-1996
    Favorite VH Song

1978-1996
    Last Online

12.23.16 @ 10:32 AM
    Liked 2,068 Times in 1,102 Posts

Donor

Default pass

The ONLY time I passed on Van Hagar. Fuck all day festivals, even if it was a full bill of bands I liked, I don't dig em.

I caught them later that year after the Monsters of Rock tour ended, one of my favorite VH concerts ever. Good times.

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

Missed it all and got sick of hearing about it from my friends. :
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

01.06.12 @ 12:23 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by pfloyd
    I got a news clip video from that show in Seattle, they said most of the crowd left before VH? Any truth to that?
    I remember people leaving and I would guesstimate probably 25% of the people left. I was not a Metallica fan back then but I sure as hell would not want to be the band that followed them that night.

They were probably the most explosive live band back then that I have ever seen. Pure sonic fury....still blows me away to this day!
    All you need in this life is a tremendous sex drive and a great ego , brain's don't mean a shit! ~ Captain Tony Tarracino

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. ~ Hunter S. Thompson

When you figure out that you can't figure it out, your finally gettin your shit together. ~ Jimmy Buffett

http://www.myspace.com/palm_trees_and_mojitos

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 07:46 AM
    Liked 28 Times in 13 Posts

Donor

Oooooh baby. First show of the tour, Alpine Valley Wisconsin, Memorial Day Weekend. Highlights include:

--My first baptism of Metallica. Watching thousands of die-hards bang heads in unison while thousands more looked on with puzzled "who are these guys?" faces. Michael Anthony was in the wings watching the set with his then toddler daughter, who was wearing a massive set of earphones.

--Between the Scorps and VH set, people were getting bored, so they started ripping up pieces of the lawn and chucking them as far as they could. Before you know it, the whole crowd was getting in on the act. 40,000 people flinging dirt. It was like watching a giant popcorn machine...only with hunks of sod. We had to duck more than once.

--Van Halen opened with Summer Nights (fitting) and also played Source of Infection, which I understand may be one of the only times they ever did that tune live. The only reason I remember it is because Sammy's mike crapped out on him for about half the song.

--Seems like I remember Ed playing Dreams on the keyboard almost all the way through, except for the solos of course.

--Highlight of the evening? Sammy slipping on a riser during the second or third song and falling hard on his keister. I learned later that he broke his tailbone and was butt-down in a bucket of ice whenever anyone was soloing.

Holy smokes, that was almost 20 years ago...

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

1978-1996
    Favorite VH Song

1978-1996
    Last Online

12.23.16 @ 10:32 AM
    Liked 2,068 Times in 1,102 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by jaybird
    --Between the Scorps and VH set, people were getting bored, so they started ripping up pieces of the lawn and chucking them as far as they could. Before you know it, the whole crowd was getting in on the act. 40,000 people flinging dirt. It was like watching a giant popcorn machine...only with hunks of sod. We had to duck more than once.
    That happens at every rock show at Alpine Valley It's PART of the show there.

The worst I ever saw was when Slaughter opened for Ozzy on the No More Tears tour. HUGE chunks of sod flying through the air and some making it all the way up to the stage. Holy shit it was so bad that Slaughter stopped in the middle of "Fly To the Angels" and said they'd leave unless it stopped and everyone cheered for them to leave LOL
    Who was the genius who booked them to open for OZZY?

I love that venue.