Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned!
    Last Online

02.18.11 @ 08:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default ed performed live with michael jackson ...

... check it out ...

i had no idea he did a live gig.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Good Enough/Little Guitars
    Last Online

06.25.15 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 42 Times in 11 Posts

This was Dallas 7/14/84, I want to say. Good performance, always liked his cameo on the song!
    "I respect that youre passionate about this but what your saying is complete idiocy..." - MF5150 on McDonald's "preying" on young kids.

"He was born a human, he's a horse's ass by proxy." - It's Mike on Eddymon.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

06.25.08 @ 07:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey vhrocks!!! good to here from you bro!

Yeah, I heard VH was touring and were in the same city as the "child molester" so Ed played the solo live. Very cool of him!!!

Last Online

04.19.06 @ 09:32 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ed totally fucked that up! He came in in the middle of the bar......yikes......the solo is a half bar early until he salvages the end ...before I get flamed, watch it again.. Partially Michaels fault, he says "Eddie" too early.Maybe the monitors were bad, ive been there! The recorded solo is still insane, but that is embarrasing. oh well, he is a genius, but by his own admission, he "never could count for shit"
    Last edited by pfloyd; 02.17.06 at 09:26 PM.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

08.27.17 @ 09:39 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pfloyd
    Ed totally fucked that up! He came in in the middle of the bar......yikes......the solo is a half bar early until he salvages the end ...before I get flamed, watch it again.. Partially Michaels fault, he says "Eddie" too early.Maybe the monitors were bad, ive been there! The recorded solo is still insane, but that is embarrasing. oh well, he is a genius, but by his own admission, he "never could count for shit"
    The original solo was insane!
    Eddie really didn't fuck it up as far as timing. He didn't do the "knocking" sound and went with it. It seemed he was there to jam the song....kind of like how MJ yelled Eddie several times...it was just jam time.
    Just go for it!

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

All of them
    Last Online

05.13.12 @ 10:43 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

not flaming you, but i'm sure that was only the second time ever he's played that solo. remember, on the record he did it in one take.

i wonder which jackson played the solo during the rest of that tour and what it sounded like...

Favorite VH Album

Balance-F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

01.06.08 @ 04:22 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Whats embarrassing is the fact that you think Eddie fucked up and that his performance was embarrassing. As Brew Crew said, he was there to jam it out and he did that, very well. He came in when Jacko gave the que, played his bit, then jammed out the tune as him and jacko were jamming it at the end. I thought it was cool , except for the horrible quality video.

Last Online

04.19.06 @ 09:32 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

OK, OK, C'mon, I new this was gonna piss people off... Listen to the backing track, there are four bars per measure, instead of coming in on the first (like the record) he comes in on the second, meaning he is two bars off the changes in the keys.He does salvage it near the end, and if its a jam , fine, but that solo has some defining licks in it and they are over the wrong keys in the backing track, thats all. Big deal who cares, its live.Just making an observation.Im sure no one at that concert cared or even new who Ed was and didnt know the difference.As I said before, he probably couldnt hear well.And Michael fucked up the cue.

Favorite VH Album

Balance-F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

01.06.08 @ 04:22 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

IT'S LIVE.. there's like a 10 piece band up there, people fuck up regardless. LIVE is never exactly like the record. Considering this, it's tight.

Favorite VH Album

All of them!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/ Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

04.08.16 @ 04:20 PM
    Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

Default Fuck that video...

Click on the one on the right with Les Paul and friends! That thing smokes! Ed is jamming with Jan Hammer of Miami Vice fame and it is tight! He plays some new variation off of Hot For Teacher and it just kills!

Favorite VH Album

The 1 that had that 1 song
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:42 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

I liked the Les Paul Tribute performance best. Really tight playing.
    "Jesus, that fucker just crawled out of his hen house that was destroyed by the Alabama tornados. Fucking 280mph plus winds sucked the gleam off this bitch and passed it on to a bird in Rhoad Island." - Hurricane Halen 5/3/11 (about my birthday chicken from seenbad)

"Pete is this big, loud muthafucker with a big ass heart, y'all!!!!---------" - Hurricane Halen 9/27/13

"Princess Freckle-Tits hasn't had a good day." LLFHS 7/8/10 (on Lindsay Lohans' legal drama)

http://www.facebook.com/RedRockinMonkeyBoy

CHILDREN OF "THE FOOT" UNITE

Last Online

06.12.15 @ 12:43 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

huh? I didnt hear anything out of time or key, even with the crappy audio.
    unfamiluar stage, not his amp etc...

some people just have to piss in everyones coffee or they are not happy.
    I SURVIVED TEXAS LINKERS WEEKEND I, II, III, IV and VI and VII.barely made it to VIII time to slow down
    I musta had a broken middle finger for V
    http://www.youtube.com/user/daneph

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, DOA
    Last Online

06.14.17 @ 06:46 PM
    Liked 23 Times in 9 Posts

Donor

God damn it Ed! If you can't play it exactly like it's on the record don't even bother! There's nothing that pisses me off more thsn going to a concert and not hearing an exact copy of what's on record. For crissakes, why should I pay my good money for a concert ticket if I'm not hearing exactly what I could listen to at home for free!

Yes, the above is sarcasm.

Favorite VH Album

The Classic 6 Pack
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

11.04.17 @ 06:01 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 65 Posts

pfloyd you truely are an unappreciated musical genius. How this site got along for all these years without you is amazing... Stop by DDLR.com sometime we could use some of your musical enlightenment over there as well...
    Woke up this mornin, got Blue Moon in your eyes...
    http://www.myretrolounge.com

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Balance/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/5150/Don\'t Tell Me
    Last Online

04.29.16 @ 07:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I wasn't impressed with this at all.

I'll take his noodling with Letterman in 95, the Les Paul thing, his Paul Schaffer gig on VH2, SNL.....

Blame it on the quality of the clip if you like, but to me, that was prett bad.
    Actually I think most of us are Dave, Sam, and Mike fans. There's just a small group of people who have strange allegiances and like to get into petty pissing contests that I can't believe everyone on this site isn't bored of. - Brett