Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

FUCK
    Favorite VH Song

Top Of the World
    Last Online

04.23.17 @ 12:14 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Sports memorabilia collectors on the links?

Anybody collect sports related stuff as a hobby?? Autographs, cards, equipment, ticket stubs, programs, pics of cheerleaders?

I'm getting ready to send out some TTM requests to the spring training sites, was curious if anybody else dabbles in the hobby.

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

I collect the McFarlane hockey figures, and autographed photos of hockey players.

I also have a ton of hockey cards, but I don't buy them anymore.
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

Here are a few McFarlane Sports Picks that I have...

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 01:02 PM
    Liked 1,347 Times in 924 Posts

Those look pretty cool!

I collected baseball cards for years - complete sets, none of that "just get the rookies or inserts" crap (of course, when I started, there were no inserts - unless you count the gum!)

Also have a bunch of NASCAR stuff - diecasts, models, cards, photos (some autographed).

It's all in boxes in my office closet.

Last Online

10.19.15 @ 11:50 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 4 Posts

I collect NHL Jerseys! All authentic game jerseys signed! My Biggest prize is my Steve Yzerman Stanley cup home jersey from 1998! Don't think i'll ever part with that one, it's worth alot now, but wait till he ends his career!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street/Summer Nights
    Last Online

10.30.17 @ 01:16 PM
    Liked 91 Times in 38 Posts

I am a memorabilia hound! I will take some pictures of my game room when I get home. That is where all of my memorabilia is kept. I have an antique pool table that belonged to my grandparents. And an old, authentic trafiic light.

My prized possesions:
    • a model of Ohio Stadium (the Horseshoe) signed by all 5 Ohio State Heisman Trophy winners: Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, "Hopalong" Cassady, Archie Griffin and Eddie George (Horvath and Janowicz have since passed away). I have been offered up $3k for it (of course my wife says "sell it"). But I will never part with it. Mostly because of the memories created getting the signatures. Stories for another time perhaps. It will belong to my son some day and hopefully he/we will have more Hesiman winners to add to it.
    • 1997 Rose Bowl program signed by Joe Germaine, David Boston and Orlando Pace.
    • 1998 Ohio State football media guide signed by the entire team (including current NFL players: Antoine Winfield, Ahmed Plummer, David Boston, Damon Moore, Michael Wiley)
    • Autopraphed/personalized (whenever I get autographs in person, I ask the signer to make it out "To Troy". Most of them are happy to do so, as they know it is less likely to be sold on eBay or elsewhere, but some have looked at me like I asked them for $1M and been asshole about it....cough,***Pete Rose***cough, cough....)8x10s of:
      • Mario Lemieux w/500th goal.
      • Rick Nash
      • Buster Douglas
      • Pete Rose
      • Arnold Palmer
      • Walter Payton (RIP Sweetness)
      • Bobby Rahal
      • Jody Shelley
      • Jim Tressel
      • Archie Griffin
    • Non-sports related memorabilia in game room:

• Guitar pick collection: Michael Anthony, Nikki Sixx (3), Lynyrd Skynyrd (3), Gene Simmons, Queensryche, Tesla, Ted Nugent, George Lynch, Ratt, Poison, Jake E. Lee, Great White, Rick Neilson,
      • Nikki Sixx autograph
      • Lynyrd Skynyrd autographs
      • Deed to my land in Lynchberg, Tennessee making me an official Tennessee Squire (Jack Daniels afficianados will know what I am talking about).
    Sorry, didn't mean to get carried away or hjijack the thread, but, obviously, this topic hit a soft spot for me.
    Last edited by Buckeye; 02.15.06 at 06:56 AM.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

10.19.17 @ 06:44 PM
    Liked 55 Times in 21 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

I have been collecting sports cards and some memoribilia since 2nd grade.

Rookie cards I have:
    Nolan Ryan
    Michael Jordan
    Joe Montana
    Emmit Smith
    Tiger Woods
    Reggie White
    Barry Sanders
    John Elway
    Dan Marino
    Eric Dickerson
    Ken Griffey Jr
    Mark McGwire
    Sammy Sosa
    Cal Ripken Jr
    Derek Jeter
    Barry Sanders
    Earl Campbell
    Troy Aikman
    Brett Favre
    Ryne Sandburg
    Albert Puljos
    Greg Maddux
    Wade Boggs
    Roger Clemens
    OJ Simpson
    Lebron James
    Charles Barkley
    Karl Malone
    Reggie Miller
    Shaq
    David Robinson
    Tim Duncan
    Scottie Pippen
    John Stockton

Too many more to name
    Artists I Have Seen: 1D, 38 Special, Aerosmith, Alabama, Bad Company, Bad English, Billy Squire, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Boston, BTO, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chickenfoot, Cinderella, Daughtry, Dave Matthews Band, Default, Def Leppard, Dio, Dokken, Drowning Pool, Eagles, Earth Wind & Fire, Eddie Money, Eric Clapton, Farenheit, Fleetwood Mac, Foreigner, Garth Brooks, George Strait, Glass Tiger, Heart, Huey Lewis and the News, Jackson Browne, Jimmy Buffett, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Joe Bonamassa, John Mellencamp, Journey, Keel, Kingdom Come, Kings X, KISS, Kool and the Gang, Krokus, Lionel Richie, Little River Band, Lou Gramm, Loverboy, Los Lonely Boys, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Metallica, Michael Bolton, Nickelback, Night Ranger, Paul Stanley, Peter Frampton, Pink Floyd, Poison, Red Rider, REO Speedwagon, Santana, Sammy Hagar, Shinedown, Steely Dan, Steve Miller Band, Styx, Ted Nugent, Tesla, The 1975, The Black Crowes, The Roots, The Wallflowers, U2, Van Halen, Whitesnake, Zac Brown Band, ZZ Top

Last Online

07.24.15 @ 10:25 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

I was into baseball cards alot when I was in jr. high and high school. It's all packed away now. I do have an autographed Don Drysdale baseball that my brother and I got autographed when I was about 11 or 12. I'll keep that one for sentimental value even though there isn't too much $ worth to it. It would be fun to unpack all that stuff and see whats in there. One that I do remember is a rookie Tom Seaver card that is supposed to have some worth to it. Cool topic, BTW.

Favorite VH Album

FUCK
    Favorite VH Song

Top Of the World
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Those McFarlane's are sweet YR. I've been wanting to get the Vince Young McFarlane for my desk at work

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

11.25.14 @ 09:53 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member

I collected basketball cards while I was in college. It was easy at first, as there were only one or two companies. Then, overnight, there were 5+ companies putting out cards. On top of that, you'd be a complete set and not get all the cards or players you were looking for. I kinda got bummed out after that. I did get some good cards along the way-several Jordan cards, an Isiah Thomas rookie card, plus several other hard to find cards. I think I have a set from 87. The cards were actually stickers and one of them is of Jordan. I used to check Becketts, but haven't checked it in 10+ years. I still purchase any McFarland figures of players I like or on teams I like-wish he would do a Marino one. I also have several bobble heads of my favorite players as well. I also collect Batman figures. I have several barrister bookcases full of my stuff-my wife and mom think I'm acting like a kid.
    LSU Tigers 2003 & 2007 National Champs
    Detroit Pistons 2004 NBA Champs

If looks could kill, I'd stare at everybody!

Favorite VH Album

FUCK
    Favorite VH Song

Top Of the World
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I don't collect cards really anymore unless i'm at a card show and dig through the "bargin bins" of cards or buy lots of a particular player that I like on Ebay.

I miss the days of it being just Topps, Fleer, Donruss and Upper Deck. Then out of nowhere you've got all these cornball set types popping up and it now costs $5 for a pack of 6 cards instead of the good ol days of .33 cents for a pack of 12.

The market is saturated with bullshit and I honestly don't know why people even collect anymore. It's mostly now of people who just do it as a financial investment rather than just for the love of the hobby or sport you collect.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 10:08 PM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

Yankee those are cool looking, I have never seen those before. Its amazing how life like they are, at first I thought they were photo's.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeRose
    Here are a few McFarlane Sports Picks that I have...

((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

Thanks Russ, Billy and Olo! Yeah they look realistic, I got 3 shelves full of them now too! Hehehe!

-- John Entwistle

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

04.05.17 @ 05:40 PM
    Liked 23 Times in 15 Posts

Donor

Always loved and still collect cards although not as much as I used too. My main football card era is 68 to 71. Allot of rookies and cards that were purchased for ten cents a pack with the gum. I still dabble and purchase Rookie cards and packs now and then. About a year ago I pick up a Jerome Bettis rookie for $2.00. Just did it cause I liked the Bus. I'll check Tuff
    Stuff every once in a while to check on current pricing. I've never thought about the buying and selling part of it. I've tried to always approach it as if I was 12 years old. I still enjoy opening a pack and seeing what cards I got. Someday I'll probably start looking at E-bay and card shows. May be a good hobby down the road. The one thing that I really think is nice is a Winston Cup Flag that I have. I started collecting sigs on it in 1992. The flag is filled with current and former drivers, owners and personalities from the bygone era. I'm proud to have 13 current and former Cup champions sigs on the flag. They were all signed in person so I got to shake all of there hands. That was a thrill.

Favorite VH Album

FUCK
    Favorite VH Song

Top Of the World
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Went to tonight's Mavs/Grizzlies game at the AAC in Dallas. I was able to get a basketball signed by Marquis Daniels, Keith Van Horne, and Mark Cuban.

Best part about the evening was during the 2nd period they had a cell text msg contest to win an autographed ball signed by the whole Mavericks team and I WON!!