Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Voodoo Queen
    Last Online

09.01.07 @ 03:35 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Default Van Halen: The Next 'Rock Star' Installment?

Van Halen: The Next 'Rock Star' Installment?
    by Mike Baron
    Feb 12, 2006

According to a new report in TMZ, Van Halen is in the market for a new lead singer, and the vehicle for the search will be the upcoming reality show 'Rock Star: The Series.'
    TMZ.com details: 'Last October, Van Halen reps vehemently denied the band would use 'Rock Star' in a talent search for a new lead singer. The reps are now singing a different tune. Van Halen publicist Larry Solters told TMZ: "I'm not denying it. I'm not going to answer any questions about it."

As for Van Halen, the group has had three lead singers since it hit the scene back in 1978: David Lee Roth, who left the band in 1985, Sammy Hagar, who split in 1995, and Gary Cherone, who did just one album and tour with the band in 1998.'

Kimberly J. L. reported on this back in January.

The next season of 'Rock Star,' on CBS, is scheduled for airing sometime during the summer. Producer Mark Burnett returns and neither Burnett nor CBS would comment on the Van Halen buzz.

Back in January we also reported that Diamond Dave was looking to return to his music career? and the New York Post backed us up.

Roth, who has stumbled out of the gate as Howard Stern's replacement on 92.3 FM - now says his reunion with Metal gods Van Halen is just a matter of time. "I talked to the drummer [Alex Van Halen] about a week ago," the band's former lead singer tells the Pittsburgh Tribune Review.

"And I think, eventually, the inevitable will happen. It definitely won't be rockers with walkers," Roth cracked, seemingly indicating that a reunion is in the near, as opposed to distant, future.

"Getting onstage and singing 'Dance the Night Away' - let me tell you how difficult that isn't going to be."

Roth's comments reportedly came during a Q&A about his controversial new career as Stern's replacement on 92.3 FM and a handful of other Infinity owned stations.

The radio newcomer has gotten abysmal reviews since his freewheeling, stream-of-consciousness-heavy show debuted last month, reported the Post.

-- Compiled from wire reports

Continued Here: http://www.postchronicle.com/news/en..._2126452.shtml
    Last edited by Phatie; 02.12.06 at 03:47 PM.

Last Online

12.11.17 @ 06:55 PM
    Liked 183 Times in 80 Posts

As much as it would be great to see the band on TV, I'm just not so sure...hell...just do it. Do anything. Honestly, I think getting Eddie on TV would be good for him and maybe get him used to being in the spotlight again. I just hope they get a real fan if this happens, because I don't want to see some poser like INXS got. It'd be funny to see how many of us would try out.

Favorite VH Album

All (Yes, even "VH 3").
    Favorite VH Song

All (except "How Many Say I")
    Last Online

08.31.17 @ 07:33 PM
    Liked 31 Times in 11 Posts

This is going to get real interesting...

Obviously both Dave and Sammy have their issues with Ed, and Ed with them. Alex, publicly at least will all defend his brother. Mikey although real tight with Sammy, is still very much a member of VH and regardless of who the singer is, was or will be I just don't see him walking away.

I think this could be a really good idea for Ed and Al if and only if...

...they do not call the band "Van Halen" anymore. While as a life long VH fan I have supported anything and everything they have ever done (and if this turns out to be true I would support it no matter what). From a stand point of old fans and gaining new ones, I think it would be in their best interest to not call this project VH. Current fans would be much more accepting of it if they didn't feel that VH (the band name and legacy) was being watered down (Can anyone say Black Sabbath featuring Tony Iommi).

Time will tell and thanks for the report.
    "Question is,not does love exist,but when,she leaves,where she goes. I got a feeling she don't know either. Wait like the wind,watch where she blows..."

Favorite VH Album

All (Yes, even "VH 3").
    Favorite VH Song

All (except "How Many Say I")
    Last Online

08.31.17 @ 07:33 PM
    Liked 31 Times in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NOaverageJOE
    As much as it would be great to see the band on TV, I'm just not so sure...hell...just do it. Do anything. Honestly, I think getting Eddie on TV would be good for him and maybe get him used to being in the spotlight again. I just hope they get a real fan if this happens, because I don't want to see some poser like INXS got. It'd be funny to see how many of us would try out.
    INXS has had some really good success so far with J.D. Fortune as lead singer. Yes he sound a lot like Michael Hutchence but as soon as I heard "Dirty Vegas" I knew that he was going to be the guy the band picked.
    "Question is,not does love exist,but when,she leaves,where she goes. I got a feeling she don't know either. Wait like the wind,watch where she blows..."

Favorite VH Album

All 14 of 'em (best ofs too)
    Favorite VH Song

I'll Wait / Feelin'
    Last Online

12.02.17 @ 12:58 PM
    Liked 19 Times in 6 Posts

...And we all saw how well this worked back in '98 right? I'd hope they would have learned their lesson...
    "I didn't just drive a thousand goddamn miles on a motorcycle to watch some little girl prance around on stage" - Steve Morrison on if Justin Bieber performed at Sturgis Motorcycle Rally

-"I'd rather stick my junk into a freshly-slapped hornet's nest." LLFHS on banging Lindsay Lohan

Poster formerly known as Fiftyoneftfty

Favorite VH Album

All 14 of 'em (best ofs too)
    Favorite VH Song

I'll Wait / Feelin'
    Last Online

12.02.17 @ 12:58 PM
    Liked 19 Times in 6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NOaverageJOE
    If you think it'd be a great idea to see a drunken Eddie on TV, how about firing Simon, Paula and Randy and let Eddie, Michael and Alex tell these little pukes how much new music sucks now a days.
    "I didn't just drive a thousand goddamn miles on a motorcycle to watch some little girl prance around on stage" - Steve Morrison on if Justin Bieber performed at Sturgis Motorcycle Rally

-"I'd rather stick my junk into a freshly-slapped hornet's nest." LLFHS on banging Lindsay Lohan

Poster formerly known as Fiftyoneftfty

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 06:20 PM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

Glad to hear Eddie is ready to play again.
    Sad its not with Sammy, and understand why its not with Dave and CAN'T be with Gary.
    So I'm happy that something is actually happening in Camp VH.

I just wonder if Mike will be involved.
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Eruption
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 06:45 PM
    Liked 40 Times in 24 Posts

This whole idea makes me sick. It shows how far the spiral has been. These guys once were relevant. IF this happens, I'll be embarrassed. With the world at their fingertips (they could do about anything they wanted), they want to pick a singet via a reality show?

I don't believe it. If they do, the Apocolypse is upon us.

acs

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being,5150,WhenIt'sLove
    Last Online

08.08.17 @ 07:44 PM
    Liked 18 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Default question

I have a question that I haven't heard anyone address on this subject:

So...if this WERE to become a reality and the mighty Van Halen were to be the next band on "Rock Star", are there any of you out there who would want to audition for the show? There's bound to be somone on this site that has a killer voice and could be the missing link for VH and could get the job done. The question is...which one of us is it???
    Meet me in Cabo!

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

VH I
    Favorite VH Song

I\'m The One
    Last Online

05.01.13 @ 03:09 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by ktgiles
    I have a question that I haven't heard anyone address on this subject:

So...if this WERE to become a reality and the mighty Van Halen were to be the next band on "Rock Star", are there any of you out there who would want to audition for the show? There's bound to be somone on this site that has a killer voice and could be the missing link for VH and could get the job done. The question is...which one of us is it???
    Ralph Saenz

www.theatomicpunks.com

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:46 PM
    Liked 33 Times in 13 Posts

There's no way they would do this. Isn't there another thread someone started on this today? This will not happen for so many reasons.

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 06:20 PM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZORBA5150
    There's no way they would do this. Isn't there another thread someone started on this today? This will not happen for so many reasons.
    Name them?
    The fact is we don't know what Edward and Alex talk about, we only speculate. This idea isn't so far fetched from being possible.

The truth that we do know is that Eddie and Dave CANNOT get along.
    Eddie and Sammy tolerated each other on the reunion tour, but going by Eddie's recent comments one can assume that he and Sam know their relationship may never be solid again.

Maybe its best for both of them to finally say they did it and had a real conclusion of "Van Hagar" with the 2004 tour and they ended it the right way, not over the phone but on stage.
    Sammy has always stated that he is very happy with his new band (The Wabos) and the creative control he has.

Maybe, just maybe Eddie is doing better with his personal shit and just wants to start brand new with the band and just make music and be happy without the stress. The guy doesn't need the cash, he achieved more fame than he could have ever dreamed of. Now its just about being happy later in life.
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Favorite VH Album

dont ask i love em all
    Favorite VH Song

ARE U KIDDING ME
    Last Online

06.16.12 @ 03:16 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

when sammy comes out and says im outta vh and his picture is removed from the website then i believe it .until then the dlr army is real good at sending out propaganda............ screw rockstar the show and the drink..............

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 11:15 AM
    Liked 340 Times in 184 Posts

Donor

Holy hell.
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Last Online

12.14.17 @ 10:31 PM
    Liked 1,611 Times in 992 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by TheresOnlyOneWay
    Holy hell.