Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default Captive reporter: Jill Carroll

<<Could she be in on all of this???>>

Captive reporter: 'There is very short time'
    In new videotape, Jill Carroll urges captors' demands be met

(CNN) -- Abducted American journalist Jill Carroll appeared in a video broadcast on Kuwaiti television Thursday, urging the U.S. government to meet her kidnappers' demands.

On the video, Carroll says she is OK.

"I'm here. I'm fine. Please, just do whatever they want. Give them whatever they want as quickly as possible. There is very short time. Please do it fast," she says. "That's all." (Watch Carroll's plea -- :40)

In the video, Carroll says the date is February 6, then she shakes her head and corrects herself: "February 2, 2006."

In the video, Carroll wears a hijab, or Muslim headdress, and appears more composed than she did during a video broadcast January 30, in which she was weeping.

"I sent you a letter written by my hand that you wanted more evidence, so we're sending you this new letter now just to prove that I am with the mujahedeen," Carroll says in English on the tape, broadcast on AlRai television.

AlRai said it had a copy of the letter Carroll referred to and was planning to give it to authorities. The video and the letter were dropped off at the station's Baghdad office, AlRai said.

A U.S. State Department official said the government is trying to verify the tape's authenticity.

The 28-year-old freelance writer for The Christian Science Monitor was kidnapped January 7 in western Baghdad. Her Iraqi interpreter was killed, but her Iraqi driver escaped.

Carroll, who has been reporting from the Middle East for three years, was planning to meet with Iraqi politician Adnan al-Dulaimi for an interview, but he was not there, according to The Christian Science Monitor, which interviewed her driver.

As the three attempted to drive off, their vehicle was stopped by the insurgents, the paper reported. (Full story)

Editor Richard Bergenheim said Thursday that it was difficult to see Carroll speaking under such circumstances.

"We are seeking more information about the letter that Jill refers to in the video," he said. "We remain in constant contact with Jill's family and are still doing everything possible to obtain Jill's release."

Carroll's family also released a statement, saying, "The family is hopeful and grateful to all those working on Jill's behalf."

The kidnappers have demanded that the United States release all female prisoners it has in custody in Iraq.

Five have been released, but Washington said those releases had nothing to do with the kidnappers' demands. Four others are still in custody.

The most recent tape is the third on which Carroll has appeared. The first two were broadcast on the Arabic-language network Al-Jazeera. The second tape, released January 30, bore the logo of a group called Brigades of Vengeance, which has claimed responsibility for her kidnapping.

Numerous governments and organizations, along with her relatives, have demanded Carroll's release.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

Why don't they ever grab the person dropping off the tape and hold them for "questioning????"
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

"A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One

Last Online

10.19.15 @ 11:50 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 4 Posts

I can't see her being involved! Her mom teaches with my cousin, and I know people that know her, and that dosn't seem like her to do something like that! But you never really know? People live next door to killers, and don't even know it! Just do a search online for molesters, and you'll find a few that live right in your back yard!
    I hope everything turns out ok! I know her family is a wreck!

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

The kidnappers of U.S. journalist Jill Carroll have set a February 26 deadline for their demands to be met or she will be killed, Alrai Television in Kuwait reported citing sources close to the kidnappers. In a video that appeared Thursday on the private TV station, Carroll said she was doing well, but urged the United States to meet her captors' demands quickly. It would be the second deadline set by her abductors, who say they want the United States to release all female prisoners in custody in Iraq.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by voivod
    <<Could she be in on all of this???>>
    I read this simple line and it stopped my heart. I thought, 'fuck, what if she is?' I'd never even thought of that possibility.

Sounds crazy until you think about the fact that 90% of the poor bastards taken hostage so far in this mess have been killed pretty much when the terrorists said they would do it, yet two deadlines have passed in this case for Jill thus far.

Then there is the new deadline, Feb 26.....over 2 weeks from today! That, by comparison, is pretty damned generous compared to the mere days or hours given by some of these other machete-wielding mutherfuckers.

If it turns out that this is some sort of scheme, I'm gonna plenty pissed. Since this story broke, I've been almost afraid to click on CNN.com and see that red 'breaking news' banner bearing the message that she's been executed.

The whole thing is just fucked all around.
    Last edited by LLFHS; 02.10.06 at 08:10 PM.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Donor

These things never take a turn for the better unfortunately.

I really hope that her's is the exception and that she is ultimately released.

I have to wonder about that extension they gave tho.
    Last edited by smithjc; 02.11.06 at 12:20 AM.
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

I'm not really a waitress lazylizzy's Avatar
    Favorite VH Song

Dancin in the Street
    Last Online

11.18.07 @ 08:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

There is one little note that CNN chooses not to publish, and that is that there is a world wide, multi church prayer chain going on,started by the Christian Scientists who have been working/praying for world peace with the JudeoChristian sects. This situation just gives us a specific focus but, if it works for Jill it may start a whole series of peace oriented events.
    LazyLizzy
    I want to be an 80 year old Marathoner so I have to run 3 a year for the next 16 years

Favorite VH Album

fair warning, women & children
    Favorite VH Song

unchained,take your whiskey
    Last Online

11.30.15 @ 02:22 PM
    Liked 14 Times in 8 Posts

Donor

Even scumbag terrorists have to pause before killing a woman..that and the 4 released female prisoners may have them thinking..
    Eddie is the greatest, period

The Unofficial VHLinks RRHOF

SkyyeFM-Radio without the Rules(Webpage)

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Donor

Actually, I really don't think that thinking is part of the equation with these idiots.
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

Donor

Today is the deadline.....still no word.

I'm thinking Voivod was onto something.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Donor

Wow nothing???

I've been away from all news what with this yecky cold. I feel very out of touch here. What'd I miss???
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

Donor

Man, this is a story that fell off the map.

Anyone know if this girl is still alive?
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Twin to kidnappers: Let my sister go
    Carroll family has received no leads on journalist's abduction

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- -- The twin sister of kidnapped American journalist Jill Carroll pleaded Wednesday for her captors to let her go and for anyone who has knowledge of her whereabouts to share it with authorities.

"We would be grateful for any new sign that Jill is well," Katie Carroll said Wednesday, almost three months after her sister was captured in Baghdad while freelancing for The Christian Science Monitor.

Katie Carroll also expressed hope that those holding the 28-year-old "have come to know her; that they recognize what a wonderful person she is and realize they could show the world they are merciful to an innocent woman by returning her home to us."

The Carroll family has received no concrete leads since Jill was abducted after attempting to interview Iraqi politician Adnan al-Dulaimi in western Baghdad on January 7. After discovering the politician was not at his office, Jill Carroll, her driver and interpreter left, only to be stopped by the kidnappers, who killed Carroll's interpreter. Her driver escaped. (Watch Carroll's twin plead for her freedom -- 1:48)

The Arabic-language network Al-Jazeera and Kuwaiti television station Alrai have aired videos of Jill Carroll, and the kidnappers, purportedly a group called Swords of Righteousness Brigades, have twice set deadlines for their demands to be met -- that all female prisoners in U.S. and Iraqi custody be released.

"We've had no information at all. It's very frustrating and we're very eager for anyone who has any information to reach out, which is why I'm doing the appeal today -- to see if there is any new information or anyone who is willing to help us," Katie Carroll said.

Katie Carroll insisted that her sister was a friend of the Iraqi people who "has many Iraqi friends and respects their culture." She also alluded to the captors' demands, saying that Jill "always had special praise for the strength and resilience of Iraqi women and mothers."

Jill Carroll has been reporting in Iraq for about three years, and several Muslim clerics and politicians, including al-Dulaimi, have issued statements calling for her release.

Last month, Jill's captors told Alrai that Carroll is being held at a "safe house" in central Baghdad owned by one of the abductors and lives with a group of women with whom she is "sharing the house chores."