Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned!
    Last Online

06.26.09 @ 12:59 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Does Anyone Know Of A Free Program To Organize CD Collection

Hey All,

As I have 1000+ CD's - I would like to organize them and have a record of all of them for easy access. But I want a program that can list the CD's in whatever order you choose. I would like the CD's to be listed in the order that I have them stored in my CD storage drawers. I am one of those freaks that plays CD's in order.

I know that I could just use Word for example and write them all down in order, but I would prefer using a convenient program to organzize, manage and store information in terms of songs and other album information. I don't download songs, use Itunes or any other service. I just want to catalog my CD's - the easier way and put them in any order I want.

I have heard of programs, where you can just pop the CD in your computer and it will automatically put them in a organized list with song titles, writing credits and other album info that the program downloads from the Internet. I just figured if anyone is using such programs - it's the people here.

I would greatly appreciate any recommendations.

Thanks!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

10.19.17 @ 06:44 PM
    Liked 55 Times in 21 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

I use MusicMatch Jukebox. You can sort by artist, album title, song title, genre, etc. Works great. Here is the link to download it.

http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=mmatch
    Artists I Have Seen: 1D, 38 Special, Aerosmith, Alabama, Bad Company, Bad English, Billy Squire, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Boston, BTO, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chickenfoot, Cinderella, Daughtry, Dave Matthews Band, Default, Def Leppard, Dio, Dokken, Drowning Pool, Eagles, Earth Wind & Fire, Eddie Money, Eric Clapton, Farenheit, Fleetwood Mac, Foreigner, Garth Brooks, George Strait, Glass Tiger, Heart, Huey Lewis and the News, Jackson Browne, Jimmy Buffett, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Joe Bonamassa, John Mellencamp, Journey, Keel, Kingdom Come, Kings X, KISS, Kool and the Gang, Krokus, Lionel Richie, Little River Band, Lou Gramm, Loverboy, Los Lonely Boys, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Metallica, Michael Bolton, Nickelback, Night Ranger, Paul Stanley, Peter Frampton, Pink Floyd, Poison, Red Rider, REO Speedwagon, Santana, Sammy Hagar, Shinedown, Steely Dan, Steve Miller Band, Styx, Ted Nugent, Tesla, The 1975, The Black Crowes, The Roots, The Wallflowers, U2, Van Halen, Whitesnake, Zac Brown Band, ZZ Top

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Microsift Access is perfect for the anal music collector.

You can customize your listing anyway you want. You can also list each album w/album cover and song list, and if you are really anal you can put the lyrics to each song too. You can also list your artists w/bio and picks and link them back to your collection.

When they taught me this program the teacher actually had done this for a recycled record store, putting 10,000 albums into the database.

Access is expensive and a big program but if you are serius it can't be beat.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Any database program, really.

Banned!
    Last Online

06.26.09 @ 12:59 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Axxman,

I have Microsoft Access - as part of my Office 2000 package, but have never used it. Plus if possible, I don't actually want to type out 1000+ CD's. If possible, I would like to use a program that can store the information as I place the CD in the disc drive of my computer. Does Access do this?

Last Online

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

No.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Nope. Then again I've never put a straight music CD in my computer either.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Once, Cathedral, Poundcake
    Last Online

10.11.14 @ 03:02 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Go to collectorz.com

It's not free, but it's a great program. I have the one for dvds

Later,
    Dave
    Ladies and gentlemen, hobos and tramps, Cross-eyed mosquitoes and bowlegged ants; I'm here before you to stand behind you To tell you something I know nothing about... ~Sammy Hagar

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...LSe/weight.png

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Summer Nights in Cabo
    I use MusicMatch Jukebox. You can sort by artist, album title, song title, genre, etc. Works great. Here is the link to download it.

http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=mmatch

The program I listed is free. Here is a sample of what it looks like.

Artists I Have Seen: 1D, 38 Special, Aerosmith, Alabama, Bad Company, Bad English, Billy Squire, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Boston, BTO, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chickenfoot, Cinderella, Daughtry, Dave Matthews Band, Default, Def Leppard, Dio, Dokken, Drowning Pool, Eagles, Earth Wind & Fire, Eddie Money, Eric Clapton, Farenheit, Fleetwood Mac, Foreigner, Garth Brooks, George Strait, Glass Tiger, Heart, Huey Lewis and the News, Jackson Browne, Jimmy Buffett, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Joe Bonamassa, John Mellencamp, Journey, Keel, Kingdom Come, Kings X, KISS, Kool and the Gang, Krokus, Lionel Richie, Little River Band, Lou Gramm, Loverboy, Los Lonely Boys, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Metallica, Michael Bolton, Nickelback, Night Ranger, Paul Stanley, Peter Frampton, Pink Floyd, Poison, Red Rider, REO Speedwagon, Santana, Sammy Hagar, Shinedown, Steely Dan, Steve Miller Band, Styx, Ted Nugent, Tesla, The 1975, The Black Crowes, The Roots, The Wallflowers, U2, Van Halen, Whitesnake, Zac Brown Band, ZZ Top

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Axxman300
    Microsift Access is perfect for the anal music collector.

You can customize your listing anyway you want. You can also list each album w/album cover and song list, and if you are really anal you can put the lyrics to each song too. You can also list your artists w/bio and picks and link them back to your collection.

When they taught me this program the teacher actually had done this for a recycled record store, putting 10,000 albums into the database.

Access is expensive and a big program but if you are serius it can't be beat.
    This program does all this too. Not sure about the lyrics part, but might be there too.

Last Online

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

He doesn't want a jukebox program, though. He wants an organizational tool. That's more akin to a library-management program than a jukebox. Speaking of which, there are probably a handful of really good collector's programs that could handle a job like this, if creating a database is a bit daunting.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by MikeL
    He doesn't want a jukebox program, though. He wants an organizational tool. That's more akin to a library-management program than a jukebox. Speaking of which, there are probably a handful of really good collector's programs that could handle a job like this, if creating a database is a bit daunting.
    It is an organizational tool. That is why I use it. If it just played music I wouldn't be using it myself.

Copied this from their website.

Musicmatch Jukebox 10 is the most powerful way to find and organize your music, giving you ultimate control of your music experience. With a whole new range of library, playlist, and portable device controls, Musicmatch Jukebox is more powerful and easier to use than ever before.
    Last edited by SNIC; 02.05.06 at 07:20 PM.

Last Online

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

By organize, I mean keep track of where the CD physically is. That might be which shelf, which box, who you've loaned it to, etc. A good database would let you put in all sorts of arcane info that a collector might value. Think of engineer, recording method, producer, the studio, and so on.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by MikeL
    By organize, I mean keep track of where the CD physically is. That might be which shelf, which box, who you've loaned it to, etc. A good database would let you put in all sorts of arcane info that a collector might value. Think of engineer, recording method, producer, the studio, and so on.
    Oh ok. That's way too technical for my needs, but see where some people would like and need a database of that type.

Last Online

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

In some ways having the ability to sort by some of that would be interesting. I've got a library program that keeps track of locations on books/CDs/games/etc, but I haven't bothered to get most of my stuff into it. It uses a camera to scan the bar code off the package, then downloads all the info about the product. Kinda cool, but I'm lazy. Every time I can't recall who I loaned something to, I think of it.