Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Last Online

07.20.14 @ 01:40 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default new video of me messin around

http://www.youtube.com/w/blues-shred...?v=S2GiUlHLpi0

just me and this silly blues loop thing i made on fruity loops. enjoy!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

10.19.17 @ 06:44 PM
    Liked 55 Times in 21 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Oh thanks alot. Once again showed up by someone else whos got mad skillz. TP just asked if you were 18 yet.

Artists I Have Seen: 1D, 38 Special, Aerosmith, Alabama, Bad Company, Bad English, Billy Squire, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Boston, BTO, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chickenfoot, Cinderella, Daughtry, Dave Matthews Band, Default, Def Leppard, Dio, Dokken, Drowning Pool, Eagles, Earth Wind & Fire, Eddie Money, Eric Clapton, Farenheit, Fleetwood Mac, Foreigner, Garth Brooks, George Strait, Glass Tiger, Heart, Huey Lewis and the News, Jackson Browne, Jimmy Buffett, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Joe Bonamassa, John Mellencamp, Journey, Keel, Kingdom Come, Kings X, KISS, Kool and the Gang, Krokus, Lionel Richie, Little River Band, Lou Gramm, Loverboy, Los Lonely Boys, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Metallica, Michael Bolton, Nickelback, Night Ranger, Paul Stanley, Peter Frampton, Pink Floyd, Poison, Red Rider, REO Speedwagon, Santana, Sammy Hagar, Shinedown, Steely Dan, Steve Miller Band, Styx, Ted Nugent, Tesla, The 1975, The Black Crowes, The Roots, The Wallflowers, U2, Van Halen, Whitesnake, Zac Brown Band, ZZ Top

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street/Unchained
    Last Online

10.04.07 @ 10:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Fuckin great man.
    The stream kept cutting out, I am on DSL... But I heard enough to tell.
    Keep jammin.
    --Peavey EVH Wolfgang Standard-Black; 5150 Half Stack
    "In the 7th grade, James Sanford got me in to Santana and Van Halen. Who knows what the hell I would have been listening to otherwise. Thanks man, wherever you are!"-JD5150

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 07:17 PM
    Liked 20 Times in 16 Posts

You are truly, truly talented, not only at executing, but also at following the progression.

I wish I could steal your right hand. I don't understand how you get such accurate & minimal movement out of it, so effortlessly. I'm left-handed, so as you can guess, that's my bugaboo. "Ice Cream Man" stretches are not a problem for me....the actual picking on complicated licks is where I run into trouble.

The sh*t of it is, the more "economical" (ie. minimal) I try to make my picking through techniques like economy picking (which you're doing here a few times, from what I can tell), the sh*ttier I sound. I guess my right hand doesn't have the raw strength/coordination to be able to allow my finger & thumb to hold the pick as lightly as you do, if that makes sense. It's got to be a concerted effort for me. Not that I suck....far from it. But seeing you sit in your chair, look around the room, and almost act bored while picking like that tells me that you're very, very coordinated and physically gifted, guitar-wise.

Hopefully you go on to do great things.

And BTW.....it's nice to see someone playing some shred on that type of guitar, especially at your age. Usually technique monsters like yourself don't get into those instruments until they're depressed and fed up with the music business, like Richie Kotzen or something.

Jezus man, a normal looking 16 year old kid shredding on a Gibson, wearing a Lynch Mob shirt, and posting at a Van Halen forum. THERE IS F*CKING HOPE!!!

Pope Of Greenwich Village SuckaInA3Piece's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

08.28.17 @ 03:27 PM
    Liked 98 Times in 54 Posts

Donor

Wow. Got a bit of an Andy Timmons vibe happening here. I dig it.
    Last edited by SuckaInA3Piece; 01.31.06 at 05:41 PM.
    "It's always a Catch-22 situation. They hate you if you're the same, and they hate you if you're different."
    ~Eddie Van Halen~

"The perfect woman has an IQ of 150, wants to make love until 4 in the morning, and then turns into a pizza."
    ~David Lee Roth~

Sucka'sFacebook

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic
    You are truly, truly talented, not only at executing, but also at following the progression.

I wish I could steal your right hand. I don't understand how you get such accurate & minimal movement out of it, so effortlessly. I'm left-handed, so as you can guess, that's my bugaboo. "Ice Cream Man" stretches are not a problem for me....the actual picking on complicated licks is where I run into trouble.

The sh*t of it is, the more "economical" (ie. minimal) I try to make my picking through techniques like economy picking (which you're doing here a few times, from what I can tell), the sh*ttier I sound. I guess my right hand doesn't have the raw strength/coordination to be able to allow my finger & thumb to hold the pick as lightly as you do, if that makes sense. It's got to be a concerted effort for me. Not that I suck....far from it. But seeing you sit in your chair, look around the room, and almost act bored while picking like that tells me that you're very, very coordinated and physically gifted, guitar-wise.

Hopefully you go on to do great things.

And BTW.....it's nice to see someone playing some shred on that type of guitar, especially at your age. Usually technique monsters like yourself don't get into those instruments until they're depressed and fed up with the music business, like Richie Kotzen or something.

Jezus man, a normal looking 16 year old kid shredding on a Gibson, wearing a Lynch Mob shirt, and posting at a Van Halen forum. THERE IS F*CKING HOPE!!!
    wow man, thanks for the very kind words, i feel all fuzzy inside now

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

.....yes, I'm lulling you into a false sense of security before I steal your right-hand technique.

CHOP!

Seriously, how do you "muscle" the pick over the strings like that with your grip so loose. You are sort of the "opposite" of Zakk Wylde, who uses a whole arm motion with his wrist practically locked.

I've seen other people do what you're doing.....I've even seen Malmsteen tremolo pick with just his finger & thumb moving, and not his wrist.

But I can't ask Yngwie, so I'm asking you. Is that just a natural grip for you? Has it always been?

Favorite VH Album

WACF, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars, Unchained, HB
    Last Online

09.05.15 @ 07:55 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

My man, you are going to be faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamous someday!

Shari
    "Hey, thanks for the bracelet! Was that one for me?" - Michael Anthony to me in the Golden Ring in Grand Rapids, MI July 9, 2004
    July 9, 2004 - Mike pressed a guitar pick into my hand!
    "We're in the right place!" EVH @ The Joe in Detroit, July 10, 2004
    "Hey! What's up!?" - Mikey, upon recognizing me in the Golden Ring in Chicago after getting his second bracelet, July 21, 2004
    "What is uuuuuuuuuup!!!???" - Mike to me in Detroit, May 12th, 2005, after receiving third bracelet.
    "You found me again!" - Mike to me in Detroit, Nov. 2, 2007

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

.....yes, I'm lulling you into a false sense of security before I steal your right-hand technique.

CHOP!

Seriously, how do you "muscle" the pick over the strings like that with your grip so loose. You are sort of the "opposite" of Zakk Wylde, who uses a whole arm motion with his wrist practically locked.

I've seen other people do what you're doing.....I've even seen Malmsteen tremolo pick with just his finger & thumb moving, and not his wrist.

But I can't ask Yngwie, so I'm asking you. Is that just a natural grip for you? Has it always been?
    its wierd how you mention that im the opposite of zakk wylde, because i really started paying attention to vibrato and right hand stuff after hearing no more tears.

anyways though, i guess thats just the way my right hand has developed over the years, i havent really thought about it THAT much. I do use picks of the thicker variety though, im very picky (no pun intended). If i have a pick that i dont like i start to suck. Im VERRY superstitious.

Favorite VH Album

All of them!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/ Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

04.08.16 @ 04:20 PM
    Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

The playing was great but...

Your playing is fantastic but I like the fact you were wearing a Lynch Mob shirt the most! George rules! But I didn't pick up his vibe in your playing? strange? Nor did I hear ED? Who are you influenced by? lIke the other guy I don't hear Zakk either? But you know you are doing your on thing maybe and that's even better!

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

No, I wasn't suggesting your *sound* was the opposite of Zakk's....you pick tons of notes, and have a good vibrato for a young man. No, it's good, period.

I just meant that Zakk's picking technique, when sitting in a chair, is a tense, full-arm motion. Yours, on the other hand, seems to be lighter, that's all.

You seem to be looking around at your Jenna Jameson posters or something. It just seems to be an effortless thing with you.

The cool thing about it, is that it doesn't come across as if you're trying to impress anyone. Maybe you are, but it doesn't seem that way, which puts out a cooler vibe, and opens other players' ears and minds to what you're doing.

It's admittedly shallow to judge by looks, but when I see 16 year old kid sitting in a chair wearing a Lynch Mob shirt, glancing around the room & farting while shredding, I identify with that person, regardless of age, moreso than some geek-ass nerdf*ck crouching like a tiger with his guitar hiked up to his neck so he can play Michael Angelo sweeps.

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It's admittedly shallow to judge by looks, but when I see 16 year old kid sitting in a chair wearing a Lynch Mob shirt, glancing around the room & farting while shredding, I identify with that person, regardless of age, moreso than some geek-ass nerdf*ck crouching like a tiger with his guitar hiked up to his neck so he can play Michael Angelo sweeps.
    hahaha, the funny thing is, i cant sweep for crap. im SO bad at it.

a list of some of my influences can be found here: www.soundclick.com/patricklukens

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

"Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by voivod
    oh man, haha.

that was about a year ago (march) and my school had this field day type of thing where the highschool kinda bonded by doing these silly games. So naturally my band asked if we could entertain a crowd during lunch time. We played about a 30 minute set, and this was the middle of it. a guitar battle, lol.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

08.27.17 @ 09:39 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 105 Posts

Honestly, can you feel the music playing through you?

You are a good guitar player bro, but can you honestly feel the music playing through you?
    Just go for it!