FUCK
    Favorite VH Song

Top Of the World
    Last Online

04.23.17 @ 12:14 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Fla. Highway Crash Kills 7 Adopted Kids

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060126/...hool_bus_crash

LAKE BUTLER, Fla. - Seven children who had been adopted by a single family were killed Wednesday in a fiery crash when their car was crushed between a truck and a stopped school bus in rural northern Florida.

The children, ranging in age from 15 years to 21 months, were alone in the car, headed toward their home about two miles north of the crash site. The truck hit them from behind, pushing their car into the bus and causing the car to burst into flames, police said.

So damn sad

Last edited by rrussou812; 01.25.06 at 09:10 PM.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 09:52 PM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

OMG that is so sad!!
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.07.17 @ 12:54 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Grandpa dies on hearing 7 children killed in fiery wreck

LAKE BUTLER, Florida (CNN) -- News of a crash in which seven children perished so upset their grandfather that he had a massive heart attack and died, the children's adoptive mother said.

"I lost my daddy tonight," Barbara Mann said Wednesday. "My dad died of a massive heart attack tonight over all this. He lost all seven of his grandkids ... I can't deal with this."

A tractor-trailer plowed into the children's car near Gainesville, Florida, Wednesday, slamming it into the rear of a school bus that had stopped to let children off.

The car burst into flames, killing all the children inside, said Lt. Mike Burroughs of the Florida Highway Patrol. (Full story)

They have been identified as: Cynthia Mann and Elizabeth Mann, both 15; Ashley Keen and Johnny Mann, both 13; Miranda Finn, 9; Heaven Mann, 3; and Anthony Lamb, 20 months.

All were adopted foster children, except for Anthony, who was in the process of being adopted, Burroughs said.

Ashley and Miranda were also cousins.

At the wheel was Cynthia Mann, who had a learner's permit. Under Florida law, it is illegal for a 15-year-old to drive without an adult.

Cynthia Mann's aunt said the girl had just dropped off another child and was taking the rest of the children home "to get ready to go to church."

"It's my understanding she did not cause the accident," Tina Mann said of her niece. "The same thing would have happened had there been an adult in the car with her. We'd just have one more death in the family."

The accident occurred shortly after 3 p.m. four miles south of Lake Butler. At the time, all three vehicles -- the tractor-trailer, the car and the bus -- were heading north, said Lt. Bill Leeper of the Florida Highway Patrol.

The tractor-trailer left no skid marks, police told CNN Thursday. But there were marks on the road indicating the driver veered away after the initial impact, police added.

Its driver has been hospitalized and is medicated, police said, adding that they are waiting to question him about the accident. The driver had been cited for unsafe driving five years ago.

Three of the nine children aboard the bus were seriously injured and transported by helicopter to hospitals. None of the students' injuries were life-threatening, Leeper said.

A spokeswoman for Shands Hospital in Gainesville said eight patients were transported, ages 5 to 16. Two were in critical condition; three in serious condition, Betsy Miller said.

The driver of the bus was also injured, but her condition wasn't immediately known.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.Ē -- Gen. George S. Patton

Good Enough
    Last Online

06.29.07 @ 03:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Man...what a terrible tragedy. I saw pics of what was left of the van that all the kids were riding in. There's nothing left.....

My heart really goes out to that family. They adopted those kids and from the sound of it, they were giving the kids a good life.

Life is certainly not fair....
    From 3-13 to 10-6 and NFC South Champs.....go Saints!

My Hurricane Katrina pics

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.07.17 @ 02:51 PM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

That is horrible. Voivod beat me to the article about the Grandfather dying when he heard about it......
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

Poundcake, WCTBL, Humans Being
    Last Online

08.28.09 @ 01:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It's unbelievable that something so tragic could happen to innocent people. Thoughts and prayers are with the families. R.I.P.

"It's 5150 Time"

Last Online

10.23.15 @ 04:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This is such a horrible tragedy but I can't help but wonder why they would have allowed a 15 year old with a temp drive with a car full of kids. I know they said it would not have made a difference but something else just as bad could have. It would be distracting for an experienced driver to have that many people in a car let alone someone with no experience. Perhaps it's in bad taste under the circumstances to even question it as I can not imagine ever being able to recover from something so awful.

Favorite VH Album

Have a soft spot for F*U*C*K
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

08.25.17 @ 05:45 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 11 Posts

Donor

Gutting news... God bless them.
    ****Texas - Home Of My Heart****

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Good Enough
    Last Online

06.29.07 @ 03:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by loveevhsince79
    This is such a horrible tragedy but I can't help but wonder why they would have allowed a 15 year old with a temp drive with a car full of kids. I know they said it would not have made a difference but something else just as bad could have. It would be distracting for an experienced driver to have that many people in a car let alone someone with no experience. Perhaps it's in bad taste under the circumstances to even question it as I can not imagine ever being able to recover from something so awful.
    Saddly...I'm not sure that the age of the driver made any difference at all. The truck was doing over 60mph and just plowed into the back of the van.
    From 3-13 to 10-6 and NFC South Champs.....go Saints!

My Hurricane Katrina pics