Favorite VH Song

Voodoo Queen
    Last Online

09.01.07 @ 03:35 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Default wealthy Bank executive stabs his 5-yr-olds

Man charged with killing twin daughters [wealthy Wachovia Bank executive stabs his 5-yr-olds]
    News 14 Carolina ^ | Jan 21, 2006 | Shawn Flynn, Kyle Almond

MATTHEWS, N.C. -- Two twin girls were stabbed to death Friday at their home on Creek Pointe Drive, police said.

The father of the 5-year-olds, David Lauren Crespi, has been charged with murdering them.

Medic reported that Crespi, 45, called 911 at 12:45 p.m., saying he fatally stabbed his daughters. He also threatened to kill himself, Medic said.

When police arrived at the scene, Crespi was waiting for them outside the home. The children were inside, and there was nothing paramedics could do to save them.

Officials couldn’t come up with an immediate explanation.

“We’re not anywhere where we can talk about a motive in this, or any reasons why someone would take the lives of two little girls,” said Keith Bridges, a spokesman for the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department.

Bridges said counselors had been brought in to talk with the officers and crime scene technicians who saw the girls.

"I can't describe to you how horrific this is and how sad," he said. "It has been a toll on the police officers who were the first on the scene and got control of it."

The children’s mother and their three older siblings were not home at the time of the attack, police said.

Many neighbors were in shock Friday. They tried to comfort each other as they learned about the news. Many had young children who played with the girls.

"We're a family neighborhood," neighbor Julie Sheehan said. "They're a part of this neighborhood, and we just have to pray for them."

Crespi is a senior vice president in Wachovia's audit division. He faces two counts of first-degree murder.

http://www.news14charlotte.com/conte...sp?ArID=111584

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Currently: 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Currently: Panama
    Last Online

05.30.17 @ 09:20 PM
    Liked 26 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

This is very sad. I work for the DA in my county and put together PowerPoint presentations for our attorney's. I have seem some horrific stuff in my time (autopsy photos, crime scenes, disturbing cases) but NOTHING...I mean NOTHING is as bad as when a child is involved. It tears my heart out every time. I just thank God every day that we have a stable home life and I always take time to do things at home that I want to do. My wife understands that sometime I just need to come home...pop open a Sierra Nevada and plop down in front of the TV for a Madden '06 session. Seems to do the trick.

I've come to the point where I just try not to think about "why" someone did this or "how" they could. I again thank God that I am on the good guys side and do everything in my power to help our Attorney's put these guys away for good. Bastards.

evans5150
    Thunder Mountain Brewing Company
    Owner and Brewmaster

Bottled: 2010 Imperial Bastard Stout (9.5% ABV)
    Bottled: 2011 Thunder Mountain Pale Ale (5.5% ABV)
    Fermenting: 2011 Thunder Mountain Irrish Ale (4.9% ABV)

"I'm just a normal jerk who happens to make music. As long as my brain and fingers work, I'm cool." -Eddie Van Halen, 1996

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

take your whiskey home
    Last Online

09.10.17 @ 07:23 PM
    Liked 51 Times in 34 Posts

yeah how sad. a couple of miles from my house.when i first found out last night ,and have been sick since then . here is the latest from the ap

MATTHEWS, N.C. - A Charlotte area man charged with killing his twin 5-year-old daughters at their home was in custody Saturday awaiting his first court appearance on Monday.

David Crespi, 45, was charged with two counts of first-degree murder Friday night.

Crespi's father, Lauren, said that Crespi had suffered from depression and recently with insomnia, but was undergoing treatment, the Sacramento (Calif.) Bee newspaper reported Saturday.

"He had no history of this kind of problem," Lauren Crespi of Angels Camp, Calif., told the newspaper.

Lauren Crespi said Crespi, a former Sacramento bank executive, was open about his struggle with depression and recently started taking medicine to help him sleep.

"In no way did he ever show this. There were no eruptions from him or anything," Lauren Crespi said. "He told us he had problems, depression. But, he had the best doctors he could find in North Carolina."

Police spokesman Keith Bridges said Crespi called 911 around 1 p.m. Friday to report the slayings. Crespi later surrendered at the scene without resistance, Bridges said.

The girls, Samantha and Tessara Crespi, were killed inside a 4,900-square-foot, two-story brick house in the Deerfield Creek subdivision, Bridges said. No motive was given.

Property records showed the $505,000 home is owned by Kimberli and David Crespi.

Three older siblings were at school at the time of the slayings. The two oldest children are from Crespi's first marriage to Kimberly Ann Crespi, who died in 1993 after a yearlong struggle with brain cancer.

David Crespi had been diagnosed with testicular cancer about a year ago, but beat it, Lauren Crespi said.

An article published last fall on the Web site of California State University, Sacramento, which Crespi graduated from in 1983, said Crespi worked as a director of internal audits for the Wachovia Foundation. A spokesman for Charlotte-based Wachovia Corp. confirmed that Crespi worked for the bank.

Last Online

06.10.07 @ 04:25 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Why on Earth?

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Voodoo Queen
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by BradS
    Why on Earth?
    ..not too much difference between this and abortion Brad..

Last Online

07.24.15 @ 10:25 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Phatie

While I happen to be pro-life, I totally disagree with that Phatie.

Last Online

06.10.07 @ 04:25 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Phatie, that is the most ignorant thing I have ever heard you say.

BTW, nice way to fuck up a sad thread with your abortion agenda.

Favorite VH Album

FUCK
    Favorite VH Song

Top Of the World
    Last Online

04.23.17 @ 12:14 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 11:15 AM
    Liked 340 Times in 184 Posts

Donor

We can rehabilitate him. Right?
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Voodoo Queen
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

I am neither pro-choice, or pro-life; thus no agenda. I do think that killing babies in the womb is ending life; so to me, there is not much of a difference, except that abortion is clinical, and clean - rubber gloves and scrubs

While I remain happily undecided about the issue, I remember back a loooonnng time ago when I was a little Phatie. I was spending the summer at my Grandparent's farm and I put up a bird house in the oak tree out front. My Grandmother told me to take the Starling nest out of the birdhouse because Starlings are nasty, loud, obnoxious birds, and she didn't want a bunch of them hatching and raising hell by the front porch.

I got so busy with other things that I forgot to take the nest out, and before I realized, a few days went by and the eggs had hatched. Gma was mad at me, and asked me why I didn't do as she said before the eggs hatched. I was 9 or 10, somewhere around that age. I went outside all depressed because I had just got a good talkin to, and decided to climb the tree and get the birds. There were 6 of them, all loud and hungry in the nest. I took them to the shed, gathered a hatchet and some bailing wire and tied them one by one to a stump, cut their heads off each with one swing of the axe, and fed the heads to the dog (who was really enjoying the crunch of their skulls).

I felt kinda bad, but the same sorta bad I felt days before when I was asked to do away with the eggs. Perhaps it was that I was a child, and knew that killing was killing; no matter hatched or unhatched. Debate hadn't reached me yet, and I was just going on the bare concept of the taking of life.

I told Gma about what I did and she was furious with me. I was so confused. She asked, "you killed those birds with an axe?" I just looked at her and asked honestly, "what's the difference?"

Last Online

05.18.07 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

While I am pretty much, well not pretty much, hardcore, pro life...this was way, way, way out of bounds. Just read the Bible. Just pray to God. We all have sin...just pray he forgives us!! I just hope anyone would read John 15, or Job 38. (God gets sarcastic on his ass) Abortion is horrible, but this is a totally different bird. Peace.

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

As Steve Bozell might say, "ma'am, this isn't a job for Jesus. This is a job for an attorney."

I'm strongly against abortion. It doesn't give the children a chance. What's wrong with giving them a chance? If they turn out to be bad kids, off'em when they're five or so.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Voodoo Queen
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Last Online

05.18.07 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by MikeL
    As Steve Bozell might say, "ma'am, this isn't a job for Jesus. This is a job for an attorney."

I'm strongly against abortion. It doesn't give the children a chance. What's wrong with giving them a chance? If they turn out to be bad kids, off'em when they're five or so.
    LOL...I shouldn't be laughing at that but I know funny when I hear it. John 15:17.....this is my command..love one another. God bless you Mike...there is hope for your soul.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

take your whiskey home
    Last Online

09.10.17 @ 07:23 PM
    Liked 51 Times in 34 Posts

Default well it has happened again here in charlotte

this is like the third or so time in less than a year

WESLEY CHAPEL, NC -- Two boys asleep in their beds Wednesday morning were shot by their father, who then apparently turned the gun on himself, the Union County Sheriff said.

Dispatch received a 911 call around 7:20 a.m. from a woman who lives in the home on Pumpernickel Lane in the Price Mill neighborhood. She said she was downstairs when she heard gunshots coming from upstairs.

When deputies arrived at the home they found Ross, 8, and Ryan, 10, shot in separate bedrooms. The father, Mark Minor, was found dead in a third bedroom from an apparent self inflicted gunshot wound, Sheriff Eddie Cathey said.

Ross and Ryan Minor were transported with life threatening injuries to Carolinas Medical Center. They are listed in critical condition at this time. Their mother was not injured and was taken to CMC in a deputy’s car.

Investigators talked to the mother, but Cathey said it is not clear what lead to the gunfire.

“We’ll never understand why it happened, but we’ll try to do the best that we can to figure out what did happen,” Cathey said.

Investigators are reviewing the mother’s 911 call and they don’t believe she was involved in the shooting.

One man who lives in Prince Mill said the neighborhood of 80 homes has only been around for five years. Most of the residents know the Minor family and they’re very shaken by the shooting. The sheriff said no one will ever know why a parent would do this.

“It’s a shock to us as it is anybody,” Cathey said.

Investigators believe two weapons, both handguns, were used in the shooting. They found several weapons inside the home, but the sheriff said that is not unusual for an avid hunter.

The 44-year-old father worked for the City of Monroe in the gas department. He was recently promoted to energy service manager and was scheduled to start the new position a week from Monday.