Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default CNN Breaking News: Osama bin Laden / plans for attacks inside U.S.

Al-Jazeera airs audiotaped message purportedly from Osama bin Laden
    warning that plans for attacks inside U.S. are under way.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Don't Touch the Dog There axebrian's Avatar
    Last Online

01.28.17 @ 02:56 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Hmmmm, has the audio been confirmed to be "oSCUMa"?
    ####......###,
    #............#.....#
    ###........#......#
    #............#.....#
    ####......###'

February 10, 1978...The day that changed the Rock N Roll guitar world!!!

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

What happened to the gun by his side video tapes??

Be nice if they'd all just go away.
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

"A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One

Last Online

01.26.10 @ 12:30 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by voivod
    Al-Jazeera airs audiotaped message purportedly from Osama bin Laden
    warning that plans for attacks inside U.S. are under way.
    This is breaking news?

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Bin Laden Warns of Attacks, Offers Truce
    By LEE KEATH, Associated Press Writer 41 minutes ago

Al-Jazeera on Thursday broadcast portions of an audiotape purportedly from Osama bin Laden, saying al-Qaida is making preparations for attacks in the United States but offering a possible truce to rebuild Iraq and Afghanistan.

The voice on the tape said heightened security in the United States is not the reason there have been no attacks there since the Sept. 11, 2001, suicide hijackings.

Instead, the reason is "because there are operations that need preparations," he said.

"The delay in similar operations happening in America has not been because of failure to break through your security measures. But the operations are happening in Baghdad and you will see them here at home the minute they are through (with preparations), with God's permission," he said.

"We do not mind offering you a long-term truce with fair conditions that we adhere to," he said. "We are a nation that God has forbidden to lie and cheat. So both sides can enjoy security and stability under this truce so we can build Iraq and Afghanistan, which have been destroyed in this war. There is no shame in this solution, which prevents the wasting of billions of dollars that have gone to those with influence and merchants of war in America."

The speaker did not give conditions for a truce in the excerpts aired by Al-Jazeera.

There was no immediate confirmation of the tape's authenticity, although the voice resembled that of bin Laden's in previous messages.

It has been more than a year since the last confirmed message from bin Laden — the longest period without a video or audiotape from the al-Qaida leader. The last audiotape purported to be from bin Laden was broadcast in December 2004 by Al-Jazeera. In that recording, he endorsed Abu-Musab al-Zarqawi as his deputy in Iraq and called for a boycott of Iraqi elections.

Al-Jazeera's editor-in-chief Ahmed al-Sheik would not comment on when or where the tape was received. He said the full tape was 10 minutes long. The station aired four excerpts with what it "considered newsworthy," he said, but would not say what was on the remainder.

Al-Sheik said the tape seemed to have been made "recently" but would not saw what led him to that conclusion.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Beautiful Girls!
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 01:26 AM
    Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

Al-Jazeera on Thursday broadcast portions of an audiotape purportedly from Osama bin Laden, saying al-Qaida is making preparations for attacks in the United States but offering a possible truce to rebuild Iraq and Afghanistan.

The voice on the tape said heightened security in the United States is not the reason there have been no attacks there since the Sept. 11, 2001, suicide hijackings.

Instead, the reason is "because there are operations that need preparations," he said.

"The delay in similar operations happening in America has not been because of failure to break through your security measures. But the operations are happening in Baghdad and you will see them here at home the minute they are through (with preparations), with God's permission," he said.

"We do not mind offering you a long-term truce with fair conditions that we adhere to," he said. "We are a nation that God has forbidden to lie and cheat. So both sides can enjoy security and stability under this truce so we can build Iraq and Afghanistan, which have been destroyed in this war. There is no shame in this solution, which prevents the wasting of billions of dollars that have gone to those with influence and merchants of war in America."

The speaker did not give conditions for a truce in the excerpts aired by Al-Jazeera.

There was no immediate confirmation of the tape's authenticity, although the voice resembled that of bin Laden's in previous messages.

It has been more than a year since the last confirmed message from bin Laden — the longest period without a video or audiotape from the al-Qaida leader. The last audiotape purported to be from bin Laden was broadcast in December 2004 by Al-Jazeera. In that recording, he endorsed Abu-Musab al-Zarqawi as his deputy in Iraq and called for a boycott of Iraqi elections.

Al-Jazeera's editor-in-chief Ahmed al-Sheik would not comment on when or where the tape was received. He said the full tape was 10 minutes long. The station aired four excerpts with what it "considered newsworthy," he said, but would not say what was on the remainder.

Al-Sheik said the tape seemed to have been made "recently" but would not saw what led him to that conclusion.
    The fucked up thing about this is last night at my university (Brandeis) there was a terrorist threat to the building that houses my program:

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Herald
    Brandeis evacuated after terror threat
    By Jennifer Roy/ Daily News Tribune
    Wednesday, January 18, 2006 - Updated: 05:49 PM EST

E-mail article View text version View most popular
    WALTHAM - More than a dozen Brandeis University buildings and a local elementary school were evacuated this afternoon after University police received an anonymous e-mail stating there was an imminent terrorist threat on campus.

Campus police received the e-mail, which targeted the Heller Graduate School for Social Policy and Management, just before noon. Waltham Police Chief Edward Drew would not say what was in the e-mail, but that it posed a serious threat that needed to be acted upon.

State and local police and fire officials, the FBI and bomb-sniffing dogs searched the Heller building and about a dozen others on campus, Drew said.

They were still being searched as of about 5:30 p.m., but nothing had been found.

Police said they also called for the evacuation of Stanley Elementary School about 1 p.m. as a precaution.

"I hope it is a hoax," said Drew. "We’re still in the process of searching buildings."

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Beautiful Girls
    Last Online

04.12.16 @ 04:42 PM
    Liked 19 Times in 8 Posts

He can stick his "truce" swiftly and firmly right up his ass.
    "..Stare at disbelief at me when I just up and walk...., OUTTA LOVE!"--DLR, Outta Love Again

Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin' With The Devil
    Last Online

07.12.08 @ 04:41 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

If all is true, maybe it's a sign that Bin Laden is just about fucked, hopeless, and looking for a way out? Doesn't mean precautions shouldn't be made, but they've always been warning us for attacks within the U.S.

The fucker is going to die eitherway. He should be the one tortured.
    Last edited by Kevy5150; 01.19.06 at 10:36 AM.
    Respects.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 08:21 AM
    Liked 4,808 Times in 2,454 Posts

Premium Member

I just wonder if this was made before some of his top guys got wiped out in Pakistan.

I know something is going to happen over here. Its just a matter of time and whether its Bush, Hillary, McCain, Rudy or even Michael Moore running the show, it will happen.

Its a trade-off for having the amount of freedom we enjoy.

Favorite VH Album

fair warning, women & children
    Favorite VH Song

unchained,take your whiskey
    Last Online

11.30.15 @ 02:22 PM
    Liked 14 Times in 8 Posts

Donor

the CIA has just confirmed it WAS osaama on the tape..so its real..

but i wouldnt look at his "truce" offering as a siign of weakness or anything.
    If anything, i'd look at it as a code-word that is meant to activate some cells somewhere...
    i never thought that they would be stupid enough to try and attack us again within any relative time frame..that would be dumb..but i also never thought they were done..

So the question is, what do we do?
    He stated in his speech that iraq is a recruitment point for al quaeda..so alquaeda IS in Iraq and IS participating..so why dont we take the gloves off? of course, now that their govt is almost built, we cant go back and destroy everything..so we're hamstrung in that regard..is there any reason NOT to send 100,000 troops into the afghan/pakistan mountains/border untiul we find this sob??

We should reply by giving him 15 days to give himself up or we will bomb iran with nukes..and then 10 days after that or we will nuke the palestinians..and then 7 days or we will nuke ..and go down the line..that's my solution
    Eddie is the greatest, period

The Unofficial VHLinks RRHOF

SkyyeFM-Radio without the Rules(Webpage)

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Donor

My thoughts exactly.

I like the way you think. Great minds think alike I guess.
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Voodoo Queen
    Last Online

09.01.07 @ 03:35 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by perticelli
    the CIA has just confirmed it WAS osaama on the tape..so its real..

but i wouldnt look at his "truce" offering as a siign of weakness or anything.
    If anything, i'd look at it as a code-word that is meant to activate some cells somewhere...
    i never thought that they would be stupid enough to try and attack us again within any relative time frame..that would be dumb..but i also never thought they were done..

So the question is, what do we do?
    He stated in his speech that iraq is a recruitment point for al quaeda..so alquaeda IS in Iraq and IS participating..so why dont we take the gloves off? of course, now that their govt is almost built, we cant go back and destroy everything..so we're hamstrung in that regard..is there any reason NOT to send 100,000 troops into the afghan/pakistan mountains/border untiul we find this sob??

We should reply by giving him 15 days to give himself up or we will bomb iran with nukes..and then 10 days after that or we will nuke the palestinians..and then 7 days or we will nuke ..and go down the line..that's my solution

Genocide, A Surgical Strike

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.19.16 @ 05:15 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts

Donor

Isn't Israel about twice the size of Manhattan? If you try to nuke the Palestinians, you'll take out a lot of Israelis.
    I think the IAF will be taking out some select Iranian targets soon. Remember Iraq's nuke reactors in the early 80s?
    I like to think I'm tolerant towards all peoples but until the muslim masses can stop being sheep to their VERY faulty leaders I'm gonna have to bite my tongue...

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Israel is bigger than Manhattan.

Well, guys who are winning don't usually call for a truce. Things may be going better for us than we know. That attack last week must have shook him up.

Now for the bad news, if Al Qaeda perceives itself as loosing then it could just go all out and strike out everywhere it can with whatever it has.

We will see.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Axxman300
    Israel is bigger than Manhattan.

Well, guys who are winning don't usually call for a truce. Things may be going better for us than we know. That attack last week must have shook him up.

Now for the bad news, if Al Qaeda perceives itself as losing then it could just go all out and strike out everywhere it can with whatever it has.

We will see.
    Now that's a cheerful thought.

It's like the criminal who's got nothin to lose.
    RIP - Classic Van Halen