Favorite VH Album

All of em
    Favorite VH Song

All of em
    Last Online

10.04.17 @ 06:34 AM
    Liked 58 Times in 37 Posts

Premium Member

Default My take on Roth radio thus far...

I have listened to Daves show last friday, this monday, and this tuesday and have come up with the following conclusions:

1. Dave is MADE for radio...his voice, his personality, and demeanor are perfect for the radio air waves. His show is pretty damn good aside from Dave getting a lame joke on his brain and repeating it Over and Over and Over again.(point and case from yesterday..."Hey baby, im the rabbi, the rabbi. Hey baby im the rabbi...)

2. Dave needs to stop mentioning Eddie Van Halen. We all know you dont like him(or dont get along with him). Just leave em alone!

3. The powers that be need to realize what they have with this show and do anything to keep it going.

4. Dave is alot more intelligent that i EVER gave him credit for.

All in all, i love Dave Radio. Nice job DLR!!!
    Feel free to chime in.
    WHOAOH! Hey you! Who said that? Baby how you been?

Last Online

03.13.07 @ 01:56 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah..he's cool man, and definitely one of a kind! I hope all works well for him!
    And yes he is very intelligent and his sense of humor has always been great.

He'a a very unique individual,ya gotta give him that, no matter whether ya like his music or not! go gettem' dave

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

All of them
    Last Online

08.29.11 @ 12:46 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I heard this morning that Dave took out all of his belongings out his studio this week. Hmm….

Maybe someone is getting Fired soon.
    Live by the VH attitude, die by the VH attitude.
    \mm/\mm/

"What do you wanna do with your life?

I WANNA ROCK!"

Alex Van Halen "THE BEATLES will never get back together and David Lee Roth will never again sing with VAN HALEN."
    the way it should have been link below:
    http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4...5dd0881lk8.jpg

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 12:57 AM
    Liked 12 Times in 7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AJHV
    I heard this morning that Dave took out all of his belongings out his studio this week. Hmm….

Maybe someone is getting Fired soon.

Maybe he's movin them up to 5150???????????

Last Online

11.12.17 @ 09:04 PM
    Liked 121 Times in 68 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdaddy_14
    I have listened to Daves show last friday, this monday, and this tuesday and have come up with the following conclusions:

1. Dave is MADE for radio...his voice, his personality, and demeanor are perfect for the radio air waves. His show is pretty damn good aside from Dave getting a lame joke on his brain and repeating it Over and Over and Over again.(point and case from yesterday..."Hey baby, im the rabbi, the rabbi. Hey baby im the rabbi...)

2. Dave needs to stop mentioning Eddie Van Halen. We all know you dont like him(or dont get along with him). Just leave em alone!

3. The powers that be need to realize what they have with this show and do anything to keep it going.

4. Dave is alot more intelligent that i EVER gave him credit for.

All in all, i love Dave Radio. Nice job DLR!!!
    Feel free to chime in.

I absolutely agree with everything you said!

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

09.18.12 @ 06:59 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm not reading very much good about Roth from the national press. Most of them saying he's got a few weeks to fix the show or it might be it for the Diamond one.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/01/12/arts/12roth.html

http://www.earvolution.com/2006/01/s...ios-newest.asp

Favorite VH Album

All of em
    Favorite VH Song

All of em
    Last Online

10.04.17 @ 06:34 AM
    Liked 58 Times in 37 Posts

Premium Member

you know, ive been reading the same thing and i think that is sad. DLR's spot sounds NO DIFFERENT that any of the other bullshit shows on the radio...give the guy a chance...sheesh
    WHOAOH! Hey you! Who said that? Baby how you been?

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.07.17 @ 02:18 AM
    Liked 214 Times in 92 Posts

I couldn't disagree more. I've listened to many of the first shows the first two weeks and I think Dave is terrible. I never thought I'd be bored listening to David Lee Roth, but I am. His support cast is awful-that Robin needs to go, I can't listen to her, and having your body guard Animal as a regular on the show is a terrible idea. How many times is Dave gonna answer his cellphone on the air and tell the person I'll call you back I'm on the air? The other day he had Hutch re-start the show 3 times because Hutch kept missing some stupid guitar part to the intro. It was horrible, and Brian Young sounds like shit when they have him on.

I really hope Dave can turn it around. He's got the smarts and normally I think he's very entertaining, but this show in its current format is abominable. Just my opinion. If you guys are loving the show, that's great, but I won't be listening for much longer.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 03:22 PM
    Liked 11,541 Times in 4,916 Posts

I would agree.

Dave is an intelligent person. No one's debating that and who cares. That has nothing to do with being a good radio talk show host.

However, his show is extremely boring, I'm sorry I've listened enough. I've downloaded and listened to maybe good chunks of 8 or 9 shows, and it's just boring stuff. I don't see why saying that is a big deal or why people have a coniption fit. If you like it, great. I just think if it was anyone other than Dave, you guys would have quit listening a long time ago.

And his crew has go to the be the biggest bunch of boring ass-licking hacks I've ever heard. You got to be kidding with those tools.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

08.10.15 @ 12:03 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

The show has gotten better each week but it is still terrible. He needs a better supporting cast and a structure to his shows. He also needs to talk about subjects he has some idea about. Last thursday he was talking about Aliens with some wierdo, I have no idea where he wanted to go with the interview or what he wanted to accomplish but that is Dave for you.
    As much as I dislike Hagar and get a kick out of Dave roasting him it is old already. I am sick of all of the EVH & Hagar comments. Leave them guys alone already and move onto something else. Do you really think this helps you get back into the band.
    As a huge Dave supporter I am getting ready to jump ship.

Last Online

06.10.07 @ 04:25 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

To me it sucks. Hopefully he will get fired and get back with VH.

Favorite VH Album

All of em, except for III
    Favorite VH Song

Too many to name
    Last Online

07.16.12 @ 10:56 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BradS
    To me it sucks. Hopefully he will get fired and get back with VH.
    You said it brother. It'd be fuckin phenomenal if Dave got back with Van Halen. The Ball is not in his cour though. I'm not saying it won't ever happen, but it doesn't look good. Fuck, it don't look good with Sammy either.

We got the most Badass Rock singer, on the air, instead of being in VAN HALEN. The fucked thing is, from what I've seen, and what has always been known before, Dave is still an ego'd out dick. Flat out. Hey fuck it, he always was a dick. But Six Steamrollin' albums is as good a reason as any to get back with Dave if the "BAND" and Sammy can't jive - go figure right?

I feel fuck it, EVH AND AVH don't want to make music/tour anymore, why the fuck not let the fans KNOW at the very least. I'm not saying they owe as any more new music or tours, but for fuck's sake, lay it on the line man. Don't leave us here with our dicks flappin in the wind year after year.

On Dave's show, yeah, he's a prick, and at that, it seems like he's bein a bit of kissass with his 'for shit' entourage. Roth would serve the world better as a member of the BAND VAN HALEN, not "featuring Roth." Me Wise Magic and Can't Get this Stuff No More - proves he can hack. On the contrary, him disliking both of those songs proves: He's an egomaniac/ a dick/ he needs to wise the fuck up ----> Who's Wise Magic?
    FUCK THE DUMB SHIT!!!!

Last Online

01.23.14 @ 07:06 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i've downloaded the podcasts too and listen at the gym...every segment is the same....he brings up a topic, he talks about the topic for a few minutes, he mentions the phone number to call the studio about every 30 seconds (right after he mentions the topic they're discussing once again), he takes ONE call, he veers off topic in order to throw in one of his anecdotes, goes back to topic, blah blah blah....so boring.

Brian

Favorite VH Album

OU812 (see my bio for other)
    Favorite VH Song

In A Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

10.02.17 @ 07:47 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Maybe Dave's show is best taken like the first six VH albums - 35 minutes at a time. My drive to work is about 30 minutes, and I've enjoyed the show during that drive time. I've never listened to more than that at a time.

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 12:57 AM
    Liked 12 Times in 7 Posts

He sounds fine to me - loved the bit 'bout The Stones cd yesterday!!

Dave's a highly intelligent, witty guy who's probably packed more into his life than all of us here put together. Give the guy a chance for gods sake!!!

It least we're now gettin something VH wise on a daily basis (I know its not much!)

As far as it bein a breakfast show we have nothin like this in the UK - if its a talk show at this time then its either straight news or sport.