Have a soft spot for F*U*C*K
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

08.25.17 @ 05:45 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 11 Posts

Donor

Default Internet Dating.. your views!!

LOL. My two best mates have ganged up on me and decided as a new year begins, I need a new bloke. Well, not being the pub/club scene person anymore they signed me up to an internet dating service... Other than the "has it really come to this?" traumas I'm feeling, I'm kinda sceptical on how successful/safe this can really be.

So people, tell me, have any of you got any experience of this, yourself or someone you know? I need some input folks!!

And why does the thought of this make me feel like a failure..
    Last edited by stilleddiesangel; 01.15.06 at 03:51 PM.
    ****Texas - Home Of My Heart****

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

In my experience it's similar to any other sort of dating where you go in cold and spend time trying to figure out who the real person is. In a way it's pretty cool, because you can meet people that you never would have met otherwise. It's also easy filter out the type of people you don't think you'd like to meet, which can be both good and bad.

My first experience with this was back in '99. Unfortunately, not many people had digital cameras back then. She described herself as "average". Well, her roommate was probably pushing 250lbs, too, so I guess maybe she just hung out with other blimps. The whole thing was horrid. Being a nice guy, I didn't just excuse myself when she opened the door. The only thing she said on the way to dinner was pointing at a cheap motel, and explaining that she'd lost her virginity there. Great. At least I liked the restaurant.

One of my good friends met his current girlfriend through eharmony. She's a nice, normal gal and they get along great. She's a huge improvement over his ex-wife.

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by stilleddiesangel
    LOL. My two best mates have ganged up on me and decided as a new year begins, I need a new bloke. Well, not being the pub/club scene person anymore they signed me up to an internet dating service... Other than the "has it really come to this?" traumas I'm feeling, I'm kinda sceptical on how successful/safe this can really be.

So people, tell me, have any of you got any experience of this, yourself or someone you know? I need some input folks!!

I got a better idea.....just walk to your window, open it, and toss 30 pounds a month out there, and then shout for the nearest loser to come knock on the door. Same result.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:34 PM
    Liked 65 Times in 36 Posts

Premium Member

Met my missus via an internet chat room. Still together nearly 8 years later. Neither of us 'were looking' as such, just happened to strike up a friendship and it went from there.

Key to it all (IMHO) is after you find someone interesting, is to meet and find out what theyre REALLY like as early as possible to prevent getting swept up in the whole 'mysterious stranger writing fantastic emails' thing.

Find somewhere public (in case they're a nutter) and just go have a coffee or something and suss em out in the flesh. You'll work out more in 5 minutes doing that then you would in a hundred emails.
    A little zen....... Headed your way.......

Favorite VH Album

Have a soft spot for F*U*C*K
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

08.25.17 @ 05:45 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 11 Posts

Donor

I think what worries me too is if I do finally go to meet someone, and I dont like them, Iwhat the hell do I say???

Mike's made a valid point.. what if they turn out to be Quasimodo's younger brother.. I would freak!!
    ****Texas - Home Of My Heart****

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last Online

06.10.07 @ 04:25 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I have some friends who have had success with it. That being said, I think people need to be extremely careful with online dating.

Last Online

12.12.17 @ 07:43 PM
    Liked 1,599 Times in 982 Posts

Donor

Don't do it, Angie.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

07.13.17 @ 06:45 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Goo
    Met my missus via an internet chat room. Still together nearly 8 years later. Neither of us 'were looking' as such, just happened to strike up a friendship and it went from there.

Key to it all (IMHO) is after you find someone interesting, is to meet and find out what theyre REALLY like as early as possible to prevent getting swept up in the whole 'mysterious stranger writing fantastic emails' thing.

Find somewhere public (in case they're a nutter) and just go have a coffee or something and suss em out in the flesh. You'll work out more in 5 minutes doing that then you would in a hundred emails.
    Same here...I met my wife in a Howard Stern chat room back in 97...we're still together now. We were just shooting the shit and fell for one another...it can happen!!!!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 07:05 PM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

I did this back in 1998. I was 29/30 at the time, I was pretty specific about a few things body type and AGE RANGE!! It was shocking the amount of women in there mid to late 40's that replied to my add, they were not even hot older women. No I am not saying that women in there 40's are old but when you are 29 and specify that the age range you are looking for is 25 to 32 and all you get is women in there 40's it tends to be irritating.

I was very leery and never did end up going on one single date. I pulled the add after about a month.

Be careful Angie.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 07:05 PM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MikeL

My first experience with this was back in '99. Unfortunately, not many people had digital cameras back then. She described herself as "average". Well, her roommate was probably pushing 250lbs, too, so I guess maybe she just hung out with other blimps. The whole thing was horrid. Being a nice guy, I didn't just excuse myself when she opened the door. The only thing she said on the way to dinner was pointing at a cheap motel, and explaining that she'd lost her virginity there. Great. At least I liked the restaurant.
    LMAO great story Mike. The best part of that story is when she points out the cheap motel she lost her virginity at. LMFAO!!! CLASSY!!!!
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Voodoo Queen
    Last Online

09.01.07 @ 03:35 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Angie, I think you should find a mate on the links to hang with, and take it from there if you are going to find love online. I did it once or twice, and it was a nightmare. One chick supposedly was a published writer with a couple books on the shelf and she looked so good in her online pictures. OMG, I met her at an italian place and she cruised up in her Escalade, and headed for the bar where I was sitting and I thought that night would never be over.

She ended up making some excuse after drinking heavily about needing a place to go before she drove home. Okay, so I let her follow me back to my house and things got really weird. At one point, after fighting her off of me, I just opened the door and told her to leave. She whined about me making her drive drunk, and I told her to sleep in her vehicle.

Online dating is bad news. There are too many distractions for it to be real, and those guys on those sites are pros Ang. The ones who like it, just keep on tappin as many online mommas as they can, and I've been told stories of terrible heartache resulting from the players. For me, nothing beats the old fashioned way to meet people; go out into the world and see what kind of game you have. Nightclubs are a bad spot to meet because alcohol turns even the best of us into idiots.

Angie, I think you'd have the upper hand in the states because English women are rare, and hard to find. You'd have the monopoly. English men are just gonna shag you and leave you like a rag doll.

My advice if you are going to try the online thing is keep it all in perspective. Refuse to answer e-mail, and opt for a meeting, after like the 2nd e-mail so you don't get all wrapped up in words, and less on pheramones, chemistry and the natural selection of things.

If you are truly marketing yourself, think of yourself like real-estate. Market yourself online, in REAL life, at the bookstore, coffee shop, etc. Do a marketing blitz from all angles, and you're sure to keep your love life hummin. My advise for a single woman is to not look for love, find friends you like for sex, and don't fall into the trap of the love-depression. Love is like booze; picks you up and leaves you lower.

From a guy's perspective, there is nothing more unnattractive than a good-lookin lass with a thug. Most chicks wear that as a badge of honor, but they look like total fools with dangerous guys who are going to leave them with bruises, yelling and police intervention.

I truly believe you are a lady, so find a gentleman - or use those young bad boys for what you want, and move on. Online dating is a dream that never comes true, and very edgy. There is only one woman I've met online who I would get together with at this point, but I've known her through emails for over 10 years, and she's always complaining about the thug boyfriend. Very unnattractive to go where some dirtbag has been - yuk - pooey - ack..

I think we should poll this in another directive. Which one of you single (or soon to be single) VHLINKS men wants to take Angie out? :raises hand:

Last Online

01.26.10 @ 12:30 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stilleddiesangel

I have tried it but never actually hooked up with anyone for what ever reason. I too have felt like I was a total and complete loser. And when you dont meet someone or nobody responds to your profile then you realize that you are a total and complete loser. Really here you are putting yourself out there, telling the world that your single and nobody responds.Wow, what a let down. With that said , I think its ok to meet someone online, but I dont see how people can fall in love online but people do it all the time. In general I dont like the Idea of meeting someone online, but these are the times and there are alot of people doing it so do what you think is cool.

P.S. Talking about being a total and complete loser i wasnt refering to you at all, just how I felt, please dont take that the wrong way.
    Last edited by Ed shred; 01.15.06 at 07:13 PM.

Last Online

12.13.11 @ 02:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

LMAO at "bloke"

SEA: If a guy is a bloke what would a woman be called?

BTW, I hope it all works out for you babe.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Voodoo Queen
    Last Online

09.01.07 @ 03:35 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by EVH FANATIC
    LMAO at "bloke"

SEA: If a guy is a bloke what would a woman be called?
    Rhymes with "bloke"

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

04.01.11 @ 07:59 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

SEA, first off girl, any guy would be lucky to have you on his arm.
    I know for a fact you can fall in love with someone online. And I think it takes you to a deeper level because you get to know that person's personality and character without the distraction of how they look. That being said, be very careful with those dating services. There are men there for the sole purpose of playing. I'd stick to a site like this where you get to know a person under a totally different light. Regardless, don't worry about meeting the perfect man. When you're not looking, he'll find you. Of course, IMO lately, ain't no man worth the bother, past good sex
    Stupid is forever, ignorance can be fixed.
    False words are not only evil in themselves, but they infect the soul with evil.
    Compassion is the basis of all morality.
    The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.
    www.myspace.com/getracefan8