Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned!
    Last Online

06.26.09 @ 12:59 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Has Anyone EVER Considered That Eddie Doesnt Feel The Same Way About Classic VH

Hey All,

Has anyone on this board - ever even considered that Eddie doesn't feel the same way about Classic Van Halen as the fans do. That quite possibly, he feels that he was a better musician, stronger songwriter and just simply prefers what ended up being the Sammy Hagar years from a personal and musical standpoint. While the fans may prefer the Dave years, it doesn't negate what possibly Eddie does prefer.

I ask this question, because it seems to me that fans on this board think that Eddie loves the classic years, but I really think he doesn't in my opinion. It was Eddie that wanted to get more commercial and it was Eddie that wanted to get into using keyboards. You can't deny that even Me Wise Magic and CGTSNM could have easily had Sammy Hagar on them and I suspect that music probably would have been used in some form or another if Balance had a follow up. Even new VH with DLR sounds like the Sammy years musicakly speaking.

Last Online

12.13.17 @ 11:56 PM
    Liked 1,607 Times in 989 Posts

Donor

Um, dude, we got your gist like, days ago.

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, DOA
    Last Online

06.14.17 @ 06:46 PM
    Liked 23 Times in 9 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by hey man
    Hey All,

Has anyone on this board - ever even considered that Eddie doesn't feel the same way about Classic Van Halen as the fans do. That quite possibly, he feels that he was a better musician, stronger songwriter and just simply prefers what ended up being the Sammy Hagar years from a personal and musical standpoint. While the fans may prefer the Dave years, it doesn't negate what possibly Eddie does prefer.

I ask this question, because it seems to me that fans on this board think that Eddie loves the classic years, but I really think he doesn't in my opinion. It was Eddie that wanted to get more commercial and it was Eddie that wanted to get into using keyboards. You can't deny that even Me Wise Magic and CGTSNM could have easily had Sammy Hagar on them and I suspect that music probably would have been used in some form or another if Balance had a follow up. Even new VH with DLR sounds like the Sammy years musicakly speaking.
    I agree 100% that Ed was the one responsible for changing VH's sound--not Sam. I'm sure that was one of the contributing reasons to Dave leaving as well. However, I doubt he prefers one to the other. I think he's always viewed his music a little like you would view your children. Were it solely up to him, I'm sure we'd have heard more CVH through the years. Look at the set list for the III tour, or some of the music Ed warms up with during sound check.

Just because Ed wanted to change some, doesn't mean he didn't realize how great it was.

Banned!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Van Squalen,

Obviously not - because you guys still want DLR back in Van Halen.

Last Online

Donor

Van Squalen,

Obviously not - because you guys still want DLR back in Van Halen.
    LOL, so you're on a mission to convince us all that the return of Dave is just not a good idea?

That is quite an undertaking.

But just because people aren't subscribing to your message doesn't mean they don't get your point.

Still, let us know when you've raised some converts.

You're gonna be hard pressed to find folks that wouldn't pay for a DLR reunion ticket. The dude could gargle a mouthful of dogshit, he could sound like an Eddie Vedder-Pee Wee Herman mutant crack whore on the shitcan after a meal of spicy curry and raw haggis, but if Ed's behind him wailing out anything from the six pack...nobody here's gonna pass it up.

Banned!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Van Squalen,

People also go see the Motley Crue reunion - doesn't mean Vince is any fucking good at all. But you will find many Motley fans that think the John Corabi album is the best thing that band ever did.

And what does it say - when DLR can't sell out a hockey rink by himself, but many THOUSANDS of people still go see Sammy Hagar.

But be my guest - if you want to see a VH reunion tour, where DLR is just a parody of his former self...knock yourself out.

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen

You're gonna be hard pressed to find folks that wouldn't pay for a DLR reunion ticket. The dude could gargle a mouthful of dogshit, he could sound like an Eddie Vedder-Pee Wee Herman mutant crack whore on the shitcan after a meal of spicy curry and raw haggis, but if Ed's behind him wailing out anything from the six pack...nobody here's gonna pass it up.

Ah....the Tao of Squalen.

And don't be knockin' curried haggis. That stuff is the shit.
    Last edited by LLFHS; 01.15.06 at 11:18 AM.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Last Online

12.13.11 @ 02:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen
    Um, dude, we got your gist like, days ago.

Exactly how many shit stirring threads is hey man going to start?

Banned!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

EVH,

Here is an idea - don't read threads if my name is on them.

Last Online

Donor

Van Squalen,

People also go see the Motley Crue reunion - doesn't mean Vince is any fucking good at all. But you will find many Motley fans that think the John Corabi album is the best thing that band ever did.

And what does it say - when DLR can't sell out a hockey rink by himself, but many THOUSANDS of people still go see Sammy Hagar.

But be my guest - if you want to see a VH reunion tour, where DLR is just a parody of his former self...knock yourself out.
    I think 'many' Motley Corabi fans is a bit of an exaggeration.

I'm SURE you'd skip a DLR reunion, if push came to shove, though.

Comparing solo Dave and Sam to Van Halen Dave and Sam is just stupid, though.

I am among the admittedly few fans who would welcome ANY goddamned reunion of Van Halen, with Dave OR Sam.

I just want a new fucking Van Halen album. Ten hard rocking tracks, and I could give a red rat's ass whether it's the Diamond or the Red Rocker, AND I could give a fuck if they tour the album or not.

One more Van Halen album.

That's what I want.
    Last edited by Van Squalen; 01.15.06 at 12:06 PM.

Last Online

12.13.11 @ 02:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Good thinking

Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by LowLifeFlatHeadScum

And don't be knockin' curried haggis. That stuff is the shit.

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:18 PM
    Liked 214 Times in 92 Posts

Eddie has always stated that he is proud of everything VH has done with Dave and Sam. He seems very happy playing classic VH live. He may not want Dave back in the band, but I don't think he dislikes the classic material at all.

Banned!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wouldn't it almost be better for Van Halen with DLR to never happen in the sense that if it is a huge disappointment, then people will only be begging for Sammy Hagar to come back from that point on. There are certainly enough Van Halen fans (including Brett), that are not sure if DLR could actually cut it. Is it not better to maybe keep the illusion alive with DLR, instead of confirming that Van Halen need Sammy Hagar. Where would all the DLR VH fans go - if they really sucked?

As for Van Squalen - go to Metal Sludge. Most will tell you that Motley Crue was better with John Corabi. I didn't exaggerate one bit.

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

Wouldn't it almost be better for Van Halen with DLR to never happen in the sense that if it is a huge disappointment, then people will only be begging for Sammy Hagar to come back from that point on. .

I'm a huge Sammy fan, but I gotta disagree with this sentiment. If a DLR-helmed reunion/tour/album what have you took place and it bombed (a stretch at best, that thought).....i think the next at-large opinion would simply be "Hang it up, boys.....hang it up for good".

My .02
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!