Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default Ouch - Ouch - Ouch: Urethritis in Men Linked to Oral Sex

Urethritis in Men Linked to Oral Sex

FRIDAY, Jan. 6 (HealthDay News) -- New research suggests that the gonorrhea-like condition known as urethritis, perhaps the most common sexually transmitted disease, can spread to men when they're on the receiving end of fellatio.

"This one really nails it down," said Dr. Hunter Handsfield, a professor of medicine at the University of Washington who wrote a commentary about the findings.

Urethritis, a condition related to a number of health problems, such as urinary tract infections and some sexually transmitted diseases, causes inflammation of the urethra. It can lead to genital discharge, burning during urination and redness and swelling at the tip of the penis, said Dr. Jeffrey D. Klausner, director of STD Prevention and Control Services with the San Francisco Department of Public Health. The symptoms "usually signify an infection due to a germ, like a bacteria or virus," he said.

Urethritis usually goes away on its own or is easily treated with antibiotics, Klausner said. But in some cases, it can result in serious complications, including permanent damage to the urethra in both men and women, especially if it's not treated.

According to Handsfield, urethritis brings more men to sexually transmitted disease clinics in the United States than any other condition or disease, and it may be the most common STD among both men and women.

In the new study, Australian researchers recruited 329 men with urethritis symptoms that weren't related to gonorrhea and 307 healthy men. The researchers tested the men and asked them about their sexual habits.

About five percent of the cases were directly related to germs from the mouth, including adenoviruses and a form of herpes. The researchers also found that urethritis without an apparent cause was more common in men who were on the receiving end of oral sex from their female or male partners.

The study findings appear in the Dec. 28 online edition of the Journal of Infectious Diseases.

The research points to the potential influence of normally innocuous germs in the mouth, Handsfield said. "It suggests that some of these cases might be due to bacteria that are entirely normal when they're in the mouth but cause inflammation in the urethra."

This also suggests that men shouldn't assume that getting a case of urethritis from a partner is a sign that she or he has been unfaithful, Handsfield said. The urethritis may have simply come from normal mouth germs.

By contrast, there's no evidence that urethritis is easily passed to women during cunnilingus, Handsfield said. In fact, he said, cunnilingus seems to be safer when it comes to STD transmission than fellatio.

What does the urethritis finding mean for sexually active men? "Men who receive oral sex need to be concerned about STDs and talk to their doctor about what screening tests might be appropriate or how to reduce their risk for getting infections," Klausner said.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Pope Of Greenwich Village SuckaInA3Piece's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

08.28.17 @ 03:27 PM
    Liked 98 Times in 54 Posts

Donor

More of a reason to always wear a condom.
    "It's always a Catch-22 situation. They hate you if you're the same, and they hate you if you're different."
    ~Eddie Van Halen~

"The perfect woman has an IQ of 150, wants to make love until 4 in the morning, and then turns into a pizza."
    ~David Lee Roth~

Sucka'sFacebook

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT, II, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

AS IS
    Last Online

05.26.15 @ 05:03 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Or pratice abstinence
    -----HuBBs5150-----

"Meet us in the future not the pasture!" - DLR, Aug 13th 2007

What is GamingVision?

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by HuBBs5150
    Or pratice abstinence
    Which I've decided to do. It's been like four months or so for me.
    "It's always a Catch-22 situation. They hate you if you're the same, and they hate you if you're different."
    ~Eddie Van Halen~

"The perfect woman has an IQ of 150, wants to make love until 4 in the morning, and then turns into a pizza."
    ~David Lee Roth~

Sucka'sFacebook

Favorite VH Album

WACF, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars, Unchained, HB
    Last Online

09.05.15 @ 07:55 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by SuckaInA3Piece
    More of a reason to always wear a condom.
    Yeah, but they taste nasty. (Did I say that out loud???)
    "Hey, thanks for the bracelet! Was that one for me?" - Michael Anthony to me in the Golden Ring in Grand Rapids, MI July 9, 2004
    July 9, 2004 - Mike pressed a guitar pick into my hand!
    "We're in the right place!" EVH @ The Joe in Detroit, July 10, 2004
    "Hey! What's up!?" - Mikey, upon recognizing me in the Golden Ring in Chicago after getting his second bracelet, July 21, 2004
    "What is uuuuuuuuuup!!!???" - Mike to me in Detroit, May 12th, 2005, after receiving third bracelet.
    "You found me again!" - Mike to me in Detroit, Nov. 2, 2007

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vh_chick
    and less filling...?
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:57 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

That is what whipped cream and chocolate sauce is for!
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

Donor

I had some flavored condoms made by Durex I think, and this girl I was seeing didn't seem to mind.
    ~Eddie Van Halen~

~David Lee Roth~

Sucka'sFacebook

Favorite VH Album

CVH minus DD, FUCK, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

11.18.14 @ 07:57 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I think I'd rather not get it at all as opposed to with a condom on. Getting head with a rubber on seems like it'd be like trying to wash yourself in the shower wearing a raincoat.
    Last edited by janthraxx; 01.13.06 at 10:44 AM.
    "Suck a fat one, faggot."
    -MikeL, showing off that sharp wit of his.

"You may recognize some of these chemicals. Let's start with cyanide...The one the Aum Shinrikyo cult attempted to use to commit mass murder in a Tokyo subway in May 1995...The same cyanide produced routinely--1.4 million tons per year--for use in the production of plastics, adhesives, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and so on. It seems that those who put small amounts of cyanide in subways are terrorists. But those who produce it in mass quantities and contaminate broad reaches of soil, water, and air, killing countless living beings, are not terrorists, but rather capitalists, and are counted among the finest and most powerful people on the planet."

-Derrick Jensen, "What We Leave Behind"

"You know what's weird to me is Christians who are against the death penalty. After all, if it weren't for the death penalty, we wouldn't celebrate Easter!"

-the late, great, Bill Hicks

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by janthraxx
    I think I'd rather not get it at all as opposed to with a condom on. Getting head with a rubber on seems like it'd be like trying to wash yourself in the shower wearing a raincoat.
    LOL If she's doin it right it won't be too bad. Either way, wear protection.
    ~Eddie Van Halen~

~David Lee Roth~

Sucka'sFacebook

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

LOL If she's doin it right it won't be too bad. Either way, wear protection.
    I REFUSE. For BJ's, at least.

"You may recognize some of these chemicals. Let's start with cyanide...The one the Aum Shinrikyo cult attempted to use to commit mass murder in a Tokyo subway in May 1995...The same cyanide produced routinely--1.4 million tons per year--for use in the production of plastics, adhesives, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and so on. It seems that those who put small amounts of cyanide in subways are terrorists. But those who produce it in mass quantities and contaminate broad reaches of soil, water, and air, killing countless living beings, are not terrorists, but rather capitalists, and are counted among the finest and most powerful people on the planet."

"You know what's weird to me is Christians who are against the death penalty. After all, if it weren't for the death penalty, we wouldn't celebrate Easter!"

Casting Shade
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Light Up The Sky
    Last Online

05.04.08 @ 05:05 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by janthraxx
    I agree w/Jan here, no way in hell would I allow myself to be a part of such an abomination.
    "Rehab is for Quitters"

"It is not possible to have life after death since death is the end of life." -OV

"What doesnt kill you, will only make you pissed off!"
    -Alexi Laiho

"If I know I'm going crazy...I must not be insane." -Dave Mustaine

"Simpson, QUICK! Honk at that broad." -Mayor Quimby

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

Donor

LOL Well I tried it a few times with the one girl and it wasn't too bad. Now I'd just rather not. Too much shit going around.
    ~Eddie Van Halen~

~David Lee Roth~

Sucka'sFacebook

Last Online

01.26.12 @ 06:36 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Marriage. When condoms don't cut it and abstinence is just too much...

Works for me. ~shrug~
    "There is no racial bigotry here...Each of you is equally worthless!" --Gunnery Sgt. Hartman, Full Metal Jacket

"I'm not a rock star, I'm a musician. And I'll be damned if someone is gonna tell me what comes through me is not what they expected." -Eddie Van Halen

"I tell ya, I've been doing this for about 20 years now, and I still haven't figured out which is the right drumstick and which is the left drumstick." -Alex Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

LOL Well I tried it a few times with the one girl and it wasn't too bad. Now I'd just rather not. Too much shit going around.
    "If I'd've known what she'd been dealing out...I'd have dealt it back!"