Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Atomic Punk Little Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.25.99
    Age
    45
    Location
    Pasadena, CA, USA
    Posts
    8,933
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Hear About It Later
    Last Online

    12.12.17 @ 10:26 PM
    Likes
    992
    Liked 1,384 Times in 759 Posts

    Default Edward should go to Holland

    In the many years I've hanged around this board, that's one "solution" I've never seen suggested.
    Maybe EVH should temporarily move to Holland, stay with his family over there. This change of location might do him good, help him clean up his act, and then he'd be back on his feet again.
    I know at least in the 90s the Brothers were still in touch with their Dutch family, I saw EVH talk to them in Dutch backstage, during the 95 tour in Europe.
    Little Dreamer

  2. #2
    Atomic Punk stilleddiesangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.30.04
    Location
    A Brit in Texas
    Posts
    9,106
    Favorite VH Album

    Have a soft spot for F*U*C*K
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

    08.25.17 @ 05:45 PM
    Likes
    82
    Liked 30 Times in 11 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Little Dreamer
    In the many years I've hanged around this board, that's one "solution" I've never seen suggested.
    Maybe EVH should temporarily move to Holland, stay with his family over there. This change of location might do him good, help him clean up his act, and then he'd be back on his feet again.
    I know at least in the 90s the Brothers were still in touch with their Dutch family, I saw EVH talk to them in Dutch backstage, during the 95 tour in Europe.
    I agree... then I can hop on a cheapo flight to Amsterdam, give him all the TLC he needs and nurse him back to (almost) full strength in my own special SEA way... Have a quiet little chat about how great a CVH reunion would be and life would be just peachy!!

    Seriously.. a unique idea but if there's any place where everything is available, it's Amsterdam.. trust me.. been there.. done that.. is was a great time!!
    ****Texas - Home Of My Heart****

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  3. #3
    Atomic Punk LLFHS's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.08.04
    Location
    Secret Witness Protection Location
    Posts
    31,731
    Favorite VH Album

    Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

    Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

    07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Likes
    34
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Edward being within spitting distance of Amsterdam may not be the hottest idea for him right now. I still remember the video they showed onstage on the Balance tour.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

    [sigpic][/sigpic]


    Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

  4. #4
    Atomic Punk stilleddiesangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.30.04
    Location
    A Brit in Texas
    Posts
    9,106
    Favorite VH Album

    Have a soft spot for F*U*C*K
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

    08.25.17 @ 05:45 PM
    Likes
    82
    Liked 30 Times in 11 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Although the Smoking Loon might be replaced with the good old Heineken again..
    ****Texas - Home Of My Heart****

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  5. #5
    PM Goo with your concerns OLO's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.13.99
    Age
    49
    Location
    Enumclaw, WA
    Posts
    18,055
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained
    Last Online

    12.12.17 @ 10:08 PM
    Likes
    91
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

    Default

    And some hash brownies.

    YeeHawwwwww
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

  6. #6
    Atomic Punk Little Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.25.99
    Age
    45
    Location
    Pasadena, CA, USA
    Posts
    8,933
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Hear About It Later
    Last Online

    12.12.17 @ 10:26 PM
    Likes
    992
    Liked 1,384 Times in 759 Posts

    Default

    The Bros were offended by the drug reference in the song Amsterdam. I think to them it means something different, it's where they're from, where their family is (especially since their mom died).

    Where's the dude from the Dutch fan club - he could maybe hook it up!
    Little Dreamer

  7. #7
    Baluchitherium Leo Van Newhouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.02.03
    Age
    33
    Location
    Wham Bam Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Posts
    5,169
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

    08.14.13 @ 03:25 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    This has been on my mind for a long time now. I cannot agree more, absolutely cannot Has nothing to do with me though *halo* I just think that if he comes back to his roots he might feel better about a lot of things.
    THE PEOPLE HERE TONIGHT : Representing DAVID LEE ROTH in all his glory!!!!!!!!!

    JH: "How was your New Years Eve show at the House Of Blues?"
    DLR: "James...I AM New Years Eve!"

    "To keep up with me, you must be fast. To sing like me, you must be great. To beat me? You must be kidding?" David Lee Roth

    "I'm gonna want to rock out w/ my cock out instead of playing anal taper dork." Colonel Sanders


    ANOTHER HOSTILE TAKEOVER COMING YOUR WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  8. #8
    Hang 'Em High
    Join Date
    06.17.03
    Age
    30
    Location
    New Brunswick Canada
    Posts
    6,980
    Favorite VH Album

    You name it
    Favorite VH Song

    See above
    Last Online

    12.10.17 @ 08:06 AM
    Likes
    310
    Liked 226 Times in 162 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Leo Van Newhouse
    This has been on my mind for a long time now. I cannot agree more, absolutely cannot Has nothing to do with me though *halo* I just think that if he comes back to his roots he might feel better about a lot of things.
    I was waiting for you to post on this one bro, haha. I do agree though that maybe if he returned home he could clean himself up a bit. It's hard to say, and usually when a foreign star becomes big, they rarely return to their homeland.

  9. #9
    Baluchitherium Leo Van Newhouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.02.03
    Age
    33
    Location
    Wham Bam Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Posts
    5,169
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

    08.14.13 @ 03:25 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Yeah, but this is Ed. I'll take good care of him, no worries buddy
    THE PEOPLE HERE TONIGHT : Representing DAVID LEE ROTH in all his glory!!!!!!!!!

    JH: "How was your New Years Eve show at the House Of Blues?"
    DLR: "James...I AM New Years Eve!"

    "To keep up with me, you must be fast. To sing like me, you must be great. To beat me? You must be kidding?" David Lee Roth

    "I'm gonna want to rock out w/ my cock out instead of playing anal taper dork." Colonel Sanders


    ANOTHER HOSTILE TAKEOVER COMING YOUR WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  10. #10
    Hot For Teacher OU812fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.29.05
    Posts
    230
    Favorite VH Album

    OU812, 1984, Van Halen III
    Favorite VH Song

    Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

    05.28.08 @ 05:06 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    I think he should go back and visit with some of his family. From how he's been acting the last few years, he seems like he's depressed. You can't blame him because both his mom and dad have passed away, he's divorced from Valerie and who knows if he has any family out here in the U.S. He's probably very lonely since he's only got his brother and his son. He doesn't see MIke very much from what he says and he probably hasn't seen Sammy since the end of the summer tour. So ya I think some time with his family might make him feel better to make music and feel good about himself. Just my Opinion

  11. #11
    Good Enough 5150rob's Avatar
    Join Date
    08.16.05
    Age
    44
    Location
    Ma
    Posts
    1,635
    Favorite VH Album

    Balance
    Favorite VH Song

    Aint Talkin Bout Love
    Last Online

    12.12.17 @ 03:47 PM
    Likes
    338
    Liked 460 Times in 200 Posts

    Default

    This is an interesting concept.
    It may certainly be a good thing for Edward. Going back home and spend some time getting back to his roots.
    I wonder if he has thought of this or not.
    Rob

  12. #12
    Sinner's Swing!
    Join Date
    06.01.03
    Location
    Pasadena, TX
    Posts
    2,737
    Last Online

    12.12.16 @ 10:22 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OU812fan
    I think he should go back and visit with some of his family. From how he's been acting the last few years, he seems like he's depressed. You can't blame him because both his mom and dad have passed away, he's divorced from Valerie and who knows if he has any family out here in the U.S. He's probably very lonely since he's only got his brother and his son. He doesn't see MIke very much from what he says and he probably hasn't seen Sammy since the end of the summer tour. So ya I think some time with his family might make him feel better to make music and feel good about himself. Just my Opinion
    Good point.

  13. #13
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    12.25.01
    Age
    53
    Location
    Carmel, Ca
    Posts
    7,954
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

    05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Ed needs to go to Panama.

    Snorkelling, water skiing, sitting on the beach and hitting some first class brothels will put him right with the world.

    Fuck it, I'm going to Panama!
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai


    My Blog:

    http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

    http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

  14. #14
    On Fire tankman's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.07.04
    Age
    45
    Location
    Yorkshire, England
    Posts
    365
    Favorite VH Album

    Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

    Romeo Delight
    Last Online

    12.13.17 @ 01:40 AM
    Likes
    1
    Liked 12 Times in 7 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stilleddiesangel
    I agree... then I can hop on a cheapo flight to Amsterdam, give him all the TLC he needs and nurse him back to (almost) full strength in my own special SEA way... Have a quiet little chat about how great a CVH reunion would be and life would be just peachy!!

    Seriously.. a unique idea but if there's any place where everything is available, it's Amsterdam.. trust me.. been there.. done that.. is was a great time!!
    I agree! Get him into Leeds for a mucky curry instead!!!!!

  15. #15
    Baluchitherium Leo Van Newhouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.02.03
    Age
    33
    Location
    Wham Bam Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Posts
    5,169
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

    08.14.13 @ 03:25 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by tankman
    I agree! Get him into Leeds for a mucky curry instead!!!!!
    He can get Europe's finest curry at my home. Like I said, I got it all covered fellas, don't worry 'bout it
    THE PEOPLE HERE TONIGHT : Representing DAVID LEE ROTH in all his glory!!!!!!!!!

    JH: "How was your New Years Eve show at the House Of Blues?"
    DLR: "James...I AM New Years Eve!"

    "To keep up with me, you must be fast. To sing like me, you must be great. To beat me? You must be kidding?" David Lee Roth

    "I'm gonna want to rock out w/ my cock out instead of playing anal taper dork." Colonel Sanders


    ANOTHER HOSTILE TAKEOVER COMING YOUR WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Van Halen In Holland...Pretty Cool
    By EddiePie68 in forum Van Halen On The Tube
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07.31.06, 10:49 AM
  2. Van Halen Rockstar announcement in Holland
    By VHHolland in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10.18.05, 08:26 AM
  3. holland - political chaos
    By edwardocatflappo in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05.16.02, 01:21 AM
  4. someone came all the way from holland to see dave
    By JMJ in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07.06.01, 09:33 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •