Favorite VH Album

You name it
    Favorite VH Song

See above
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 05:15 AM
    Liked 226 Times in 162 Posts

advice with chicks

I think I started a thread about this awhile back, but new situations require new solutions. I went home for Christmas from university and spent some time with a really cool girl. Unfortunately, I'm back at uni (about a 3hr drive away) and am not home until April. I cannot read signals worth a damn, and my only real form of communication is through msn and the occassional phone call. If I am to preserve a potential interest until April, any suggestions on how I may go about doing so, aside from spending time with her when I'm home the few times before April. Keep in mind I have very little to go off of in terms of how she feels, so lemme know whatever you guys think. Send a pm, an email or reply, doesn't matter, any input would be cool.

Favorite VH Album

VH I
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 05:27 PM
    Liked 595 Times in 365 Posts

Donor

Are you afraid to talk to her much on the phone? Or just don't have the time?

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Fuck'em.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 06:57 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ain't Talkin' Bout' Love
    I think I started a thread about this awhile back, but new situations require new solutions. I went home for Christmas from university and spent some time with a really cool girl. Unfortunately, I'm back at uni (about a 3hr drive away) and am not home until April. I cannot read signals worth a damn, and my only real form of communication is through msn and the occassional phone call. If I am to preserve a potential interest until April, any suggestions on how I may go about doing so, aside from spending time with her when I'm home the few times before April. Keep in mind I have very little to go off of in terms of how she feels, so lemme know whatever you guys think. Send a pm, an email or reply, doesn't matter, any input would be cool.
    stick with casual IM'ing and see where it goes...
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Voodoo Queen
    Last Online

09.01.07 @ 03:35 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Where should I start? I've never discussed this sort of thing before, so here goes!

Yin/Yang - one is interested, one is not. One is the leader, one follows. There is no dark without light, no moon without sun, love without hate, happiness without despair. The balance is very important. You just have to decide which side of the hemishere is safer for you.

Here's what I think. I think you need to lead. When a leader looks back at a dog, the following dog sits down. Have confidence that you are leading, without paying your follower too much attention. She will sit down, slow you down and wonder why you two aren't going anywhere. If you get all sappy, she'll clam up. If you clam up, she'll get all sappy. Decide if you want to be the screwer, or the screwee, and if she straps it on, and pounds you, don't complain - you made your choice.

Most importantly get out and test drive some other pink. You have to, or you'll go insane. She does'nt have to know, be safe, and don't tell her. If you rely on her from long distance, you will lose a lot of hair, your blood pressure will rise, you'll get funny hair-cuts, zits, hallitosis, and develop a stutter. You must circulate, as it will make the forbidden fruit sweeter, and you'll be able to shield yourself from her kryptonite.

Remember that she is a chick, not a Goddess. Treat her well, but don't care. Let her put her foot in the pedal, but don't let her steer. Treat her more like a daughter, and less like a mother. Realize she looks good, but has the brains of a pomagranate, and don't expect too much. Stay away from communicating with her best friends, unless they are hot and want to join you and her.

Okay, that's about it. Stay focused and don't fall in love. There is no such thing, Santa's a drunken fake, and the tooth fairy is a registered sex offender.

..plus ca change, plus ce est le meme chose..

Hang 'Em High
    Favorite VH Album

You name it
    Favorite VH Song

See above
    Last Online

Thanks guys, and btw I do have the time to call her and such, just still gotta get a feel for it I guess, we're still relatively new to each other but it's been great so far. thanks guys, anyone else, fire away.

Favorite VH Album

fair warning, women & children
    Favorite VH Song

unchained,take your whiskey
    Last Online

11.30.15 @ 02:22 PM
    Liked 14 Times in 8 Posts

Donor

what is ur history with her and why are you taken so by her?
    Eddie is the greatest, period

The Unofficial VHLinks RRHOF

SkyyeFM-Radio without the Rules(Webpage)

Hang 'Em High
    Favorite VH Album

You name it
    Favorite VH Song

See above
    Last Online

well it began with just meeting her at the mall with a mutual friend, so I got her msn and phone number. We started hanging out. She's gorgeous, is a singer, and makes me laugh like no other girl I've been with before. She's refreshing to me more then anything, and it just seems like she's totally worth it. I took her to the most expensive restaurant back home the last day I was there, which was monday. I think I'll just try and maintain communication while i'm here until I return in the spring, i can't rush it because not only is that always a bad idea but I can't do it while I'm here anyways.

Last Online

01.26.12 @ 06:36 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default the best advice? I don't know about that, but...

Well, I don't know that I would ask this question in a forum setting seeing as you don't really know any of us--you probably are better acquainted with this young woman than you are with us. However, since we're here and I replied, here's my 2 cents: Whether you realize it or not, the best advice can sometimes come from your mother. I followed my mother's advice and now I've been happily married for 7 years, have 2 boys (and one on the way) and are confident in our relationship. Cheesy, huh? Not hardly...

I know this is too ambiguous, but if you just be yourself and let things happen (rather than trying to force things), then you'll both be much happier. Don't take her to the most expensive restaurants if you can't afford it, and it's not really your style. If that's your thing, then by all means, do it, but you want her to like who you are, not what you are not. It's good that you are talking with her, keeping an open line of communication, but you also need to be a physical presence in her life for it to last in the long run. Girls are really hard to read at this age anyways, as you already know, so just take your time and hopefully things will work out for you. It sounds like a total wuss thing to say, but you really need to be cognizant of her needs and cater to them, too. During my college years, I had my heart broken twice. I thought I needed to be in a relationship, which turns out what I needed was to find out who I was and what I wanted first. My mom kept telling me to play hard to get, but I never wanted to listen. Finally, I did. I worked with my (future) wife at a restaurant, and she wanted to be with me from day 1, but I shrugged it off and played the "friends" game for awhile. I guess this is why a lot of guys have the problem of being in demand when they are with someone and can't catch a break when they are single. Women seem to want the things they know they can't have. Anyway, I'm not saying this will work for you, but if you just listen to her, then you'll figure things out soon enough.
    "There is no racial bigotry here...Each of you is equally worthless!" --Gunnery Sgt. Hartman, Full Metal Jacket

"I'm not a rock star, I'm a musician. And I'll be damned if someone is gonna tell me what comes through me is not what they expected." -Eddie Van Halen

"I tell ya, I've been doing this for about 20 years now, and I still haven't figured out which is the right drumstick and which is the left drumstick." -Alex Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

04.01.11 @ 07:59 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anubis72
    Well, I don't know that I would ask this question in a forum setting seeing as you don't really know any of us--you probably are better acquainted with this young woman than you are with us. However, since we're here and I replied, here's my 2 cents: Whether you realize it or not, the best advice can sometimes come from your mother. I followed my mother's advice and now I've been happily married for 7 years, have 2 boys (and one on the way) and are confident in our relationship. Cheesy, huh? Not hardly...

I know this is too ambiguous, but if you just be yourself and let things happen (rather than trying to force things), then you'll both be much happier. Don't take her to the most expensive restaurants if you can't afford it, and it's not really your style. If that's your thing, then by all means, do it, but you want her to like who you are, not what you are not. It's good that you are talking with her, keeping an open line of communication, but you also need to be a physical presence in her life for it to last in the long run. Girls are really hard to read at this age anyways, as you already know, so just take your time and hopefully things will work out for you. It sounds like a total wuss thing to say, but you really need to be cognizant of her needs and cater to them, too. During my college years, I had my heart broken twice. I thought I needed to be in a relationship, which turns out what I needed was to find out who I was and what I wanted first. My mom kept telling me to play hard to get, but I never wanted to listen. Finally, I did. I worked with my (future) wife at a restaurant, and she wanted to be with me from day 1, but I shrugged it off and played the "friends" game for awhile. I guess this is why a lot of guys have the problem of being in demand when they are with someone and can't catch a break when they are single. Women seem to want the things they know they can't have. Anyway, I'm not saying this will work for you, but if you just listen to her, then you'll figure things out soon enough.
    Sage advice here - I agree, as I am a mommy who knows everything yet nothing at all. Good luck
    Stupid is forever, ignorance can be fixed.
    False words are not only evil in themselves, but they infect the soul with evil.
    Compassion is the basis of all morality.
    The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.
    www.myspace.com/getracefan8

Favorite VH Album

Fair Women Down
    Favorite VH Song

Chicken Feet for Breakfast
    Last Online

07.11.09 @ 03:27 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Judging from your screen name, we should not even be discussing this.
    Last edited by mistere; 01.04.06 at 12:47 PM.

Hang 'Em High
    Favorite VH Album

You name it
    Favorite VH Song

See above
    Last Online

hahahaha, true enough. BUT I didn't use the word love at all, haha.

Hang 'Em High
    Favorite VH Album

You name it
    Favorite VH Song

See above
    Last Online

Interesting, does sound like myself to an extent. Though it would be better if you all knew her and I, it is nice to see what experience has taught you all, and it's better then doing stupid crap like "what does her friend think". thanks guys

I'm not really a waitress lazylizzy's Avatar
    Favorite VH Song

Dancin in the Street
    Last Online

11.18.07 @ 08:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Right on
    LazyLizzy
    I want to be an 80 year old Marathoner so I have to run 3 a year for the next 16 years

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 10:42 PM
    Liked 984 Times in 396 Posts

shoot her a call in a week or so and wait for her to call back

if she does..call back again like a few days later but wait for her to call!

if she don't call back, fuck it..very simple

and don't go callin back within 10 minutes, yet a lone the first day the first few times

make em wait