Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 10:08 PM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

Default That 70's show.

I must admit that I had not really watched this show, at least not a full episode. My TIVO decided that this was a show that I would enjoy. I deleted it the first few times mainly because I thought Ashton Kutcher was a tool. I finally watched a rerun last week and must admit this is a great show, Aston Kutchers character is the funniest person on the show. I Tivo'ed about 20 episodes last week and spent the weekend on the couch enjoying every single minute of this show. IMHO this show will go down as one of the classic sitcoms like WKRP, FRIENDS, SEINFELD etc etc

For those of you to young to remember the 70's, the writers and the cast really do a excellent job of capturing the vibe in the 70's. The drinking age was 18 in many states until the mid 1980's, so it was not uncommon for kids to drink as easily as these guys do. Rent Dazed and Confused, you will notice the kids all gather at a youth hall and bring there own beer with them. This was totally allowed back in the 70's, I dont remember the age you had to be to get into a youth hall but I think it was like 16 to 21. There was no real WAR ON DRUGS per say, Pot was not near has potent as it is now. Hippies were still very much around like Tommy Chongs character.

I tried to watch a new episode but found that Eric is no longer on the show and in Africa - LAME!!! Anyway I still have like seven seasons of reruns to tivo and laugh my ass off with.

Great show I am glad TIVO made me watch it.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 10:33 PM
    Liked 11,563 Times in 4,929 Posts

I used to watch it, it was pretty funny the first 3 or 4 seasons. Kind of got bored of it. I think Ashton Kutcher is off it now too.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

Yeah the first couple of seasons were pretty good. I haven't watched the new ones tho. If Eric's gone, then I'm definitely not watching.

Funny you should mention Dazed & Confused. That movie was so right-on with its version of the 70's. I remember in 1976 during the Bicentennial, Macy's had a ginormous birthday cake they were giving out to everyone. And on TV there was always the Bicentennial Minute. I don't know why I remembered or even mentioned that, but the 70's were very strange. I kinda miss it tho.
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

"A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One

Baluchitherium Leo Van Newhouse's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

08.14.13 @ 03:25 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It's a great show indeed. I don't think we get the new ones here though.
    THE PEOPLE HERE TONIGHT : Representing DAVID LEE ROTH in all his glory!!!!!!!!!

JH: "How was your New Years Eve show at the House Of Blues?"
    DLR: "James...I AM New Years Eve!"

"To keep up with me, you must be fast. To sing like me, you must be great. To beat me? You must be kidding?" David Lee Roth

"I'm gonna want to rock out w/ my cock out instead of playing anal taper dork." Colonel Sanders

ANOTHER HOSTILE TAKEOVER COMING YOUR WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

FW, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 04:21 PM
    Liked 135 Times in 99 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OLO
    I must admit that I had not really watched this show, at least not a full episode. My TIVO decided that this was a show that I would enjoy. I deleted it the first few times mainly because I thought Ashton Kutcher was a tool. I finally watched a rerun last week and must admit this is a great show, Aston Kutchers character is the funniest person on the show. I Tivo'ed about 20 episodes last week and spent the weekend on the couch enjoying every single minute of this show. IMHO this show will go down as one of the classic sitcoms like WKRP, FRIENDS, SEINFELD etc etc

For those of you to young to remember the 70's, the writers and the cast really do a excellent job of capturing the vibe in the 70's. The drinking age was 18 in many states until the mid 1980's, so it was not uncommon for kids to drink as easily as these guys do. Rent Dazed and Confused, you will notice the kids all gather at a youth hall and bring there own beer with them. This was totally allowed back in the 70's, I dont remember the age you had to be to get into a youth hall but I think it was like 16 to 21. There was no real WAR ON DRUGS per say, Pot was not near has potent as it is now. Hippies were still very much around like Tommy Chongs character.

I tried to watch a new episode but found that Eric is no longer on the show and in Africa - LAME!!! Anyway I still have like seven seasons of reruns to tivo and laugh my ass off with.

Great show I am glad TIVO made me watch it.
    well.....even though i wasnt around in the 70's...my parents were and theyve noticed things like some of the words they used were not around in the 70's...slang words rather. and i think their hair is too...normal to todays standards to have been the way people wore their hair in the 70's....except maybe ashton kutchers long hair...when he had long hair. but i could be wrong...like i said ...i wasnt around

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

to many to name
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 12:25 PM
    Liked 22 Times in 18 Posts

The newer episodes are severely lacking the wit of the older ones but yes, it is a classic show. When the show was in its prime the attention to detail was much better (example: Ashton Kutcher's short hair).

Casting Shade
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Light Up The Sky
    Last Online

05.04.08 @ 05:05 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This is my absolute favorite show...I've got the first 3 seasons on DVD and I think that Red is the best character. All the foot in ass references never get old. Kelso and Hyde are great too. And I do agree, although I still watch the new episodes, they are nowhere near as good as the older seasons. I'd say it was basically done before last season. However, this season has gotten a little better without Eric IMO, his character really started to piss me off the last few yrs.
    "Rehab is for Quitters"

"It is not possible to have life after death since death is the end of life." -OV

"What doesn’t kill you, will only make you pissed off!"
    -Alexi Laiho

"If I know I'm going crazy...I must not be insane." -Dave Mustaine

"Simpson, QUICK! Honk at that broad." -Mayor Quimby

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

FW, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 04:21 PM
    Liked 135 Times in 99 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LoveWalkinIn
    This is my absolute favorite show...I've got the first 3 seasons on DVD and I think that Red is the best character. All the foot in ass references never get old. Kelso and Hyde are great too. And I do agree, although I still watch the new episodes, they are nowhere near as good as the older seasons. I'd say it was basically done before last season. However, this season has gotten a little better without Eric IMO, his character really started to piss me off the last few yrs.
    i thought kelso's character started to get really worthless the last couple seasons....just really stupid...no purpose...very annoying in my opinion. but i never had a problem with eric

Casting Shade
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Light Up The Sky
    Last Online

05.04.08 @ 05:05 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OnTheInside1985
    i thought kelso's character started to get really worthless the last couple seasons....just really stupid...no purpose...very annoying in my opinion. but i never had a problem with eric
    I don't disagree w/that. And my problem w/Eric has been the character's demeanor over the past few seasons. It seemed as if every single thing he said was some lame joke. Even the way the character spoke started to bug me, I don't know how to explain it, but if you watch an old episode and then one from the last two seasons right after, you can notice a definite difference in the character that I found quite annoying. I've actually grown quite tired of Fez and Donna as well. I think the show has run its course, bottom line. Fez has become more girlish and childish over the past few seasons, and they've turned the character from something that was once very perverted and curious, to one that is just downright bizarre, at least IMO. I still watch the show, but I think its about time they let it go.

Fav 70s show quote: "There's two things you need to know about women: #1-When a woman outweighs you by 20 lbs., you're in for trouble...which leads me to my second point--when used seperately, women and alcohol can be a lot of fun, but when you mix 'em, they can turn you into a DUMBASS!" - Red Foreman
    "Rehab is for Quitters"

"It is not possible to have life after death since death is the end of life." -OV

"What doesn’t kill you, will only make you pissed off!"
    -Alexi Laiho

"If I know I'm going crazy...I must not be insane." -Dave Mustaine

"Simpson, QUICK! Honk at that broad." -Mayor Quimby

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

As soon as Ashton Kutcher got ridiculously famous, Kelso seemed to get very annoying. It was almost as if the guy was starting to ham it up as his star rose. I thought he was the funniest fucker on two legs in the beginning, but now I just wanna jam a full can of Thompson's Water Seal into his face and staple the fucker in place.

Forman was pretty fuckin funny too, but I understand he's gone now. Red and Hyde were also damned hilarious but they arent enough to keep me watching the show.

Donna and Jackie? They need to report to my place forthwith. Has nothing to do with my opinion of the show, per se.....they just need to come over right the fuck now.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

02.10.10 @ 10:42 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My hubby and I have loved the show from the beginning. But the last couple of years it's been losing it's edge. The show really takes me back. It was really great at first and they did a lot of things my friends and I did. We were about as bright as they were. Drinking beer and smoking pot were the big things at the time and the worst thing that happened in the parking lot was a fist fight. Jackie reminds me of all the jock, smart ass, know it all I'm better than you, rich kids that I went to school with. Thing is none of them would have had nothing to do with any of us normal kids like she does them.

One of my favorite shows is when they go to the wrestling match. Midge has just left Bob and Fez and Hyde are trying to get him to buy beer. And Red is trying to teach Forman that it is better to follow the rules. That following the rules is the only thing that separates us from the apes in the the trees. When Forman wants an autograph at the end of the show from his favorite wrestler. Red decides they are going in the door that says something to the effect 'Wrestlers only' And Forman said no we can't do that it's against the rules, and we need to fall the rules remember. And Red says well you want it don't you? And then Forman said one of my favorite lines that goes something like. "Well I thought you said that the rules are the only thing that separtes us from those tree climbing crap throwers." Than with that Red marched though the door. We just sat and LOAF! Red is probably my favorite person on the show.
    "Suppose you were an idiot ... And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
    --Mark Twain

There's no one as smart as a gambler at the track putting thier last $10.00 on the longest shot of the day.

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

Donor

"Where Are They Now?"

http://www.cnn.com/2011/SHOWBIZ/cele...pt=P1&iref=NS1

Wait til you get to the last frame of the slideshow. Holy fuckstein.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 03:17 PM
    Liked 650 Times in 369 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LLFHS View Post
    "Where Are They Now?"

http://www.cnn.com/2011/SHOWBIZ/cele...pt=P1&iref=NS1

Wait til you get to the last frame of the slideshow. Holy fuckstein.
    Nice pic of the sister. WOW.

There was only one reason to watch that show - Mila Kunis. Looks even better now.
    Cabo x 20
    Van Halen x 11
    Sammy x 20+
    DLR x 2

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by cabomiro View Post
    There was only one reason to watch that show - Mila Kunis. Looks even better now.
    Nudity is coming. Believe hard enough my brothers...it will happen.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 08:47 PM
    Liked 2,236 Times in 1,354 Posts

Mila Kunis is in Black Swan and has a lesbian love scene with Natalie Portman.....

and did you know that she just broke up with Mccauley Culken after an 8 year relationship....huh....who knew?

survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.