Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register

Thread: Random Thoughts

Last Online

12.28.06 @ 10:45 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Random Thoughts

Hi everyone - I know I dont post here very often but I came across a few things that made me think of VH. No, I didn't meet Eddie or see him at Starbucks nor do I have the "scoop" on what our favorite band is ultimately going to do. I just had some thoughts that I wanted to bounce off all of you. So here's item #1. I went to see the Trans-Siberian Orchestra tonight -and for those of you who have never seen them or even heard of them - they are a mix of a rock band with parts of an orchestra -sort of like when Metallica did S&M. Anyway - so I'm at this concert and they have this decent guitarist and he keeps jazzing stuff up with a little tapping here and some hammer-ons there. And that gets me thinking about how much VH influence is all around - in all sorts of music. At that point I wished that I was at a VH show seeing Ed with that trademark look that he gets when he hits "those notes." You know the ones. Anyway, so I'm enjoying the show and for the second part of their show they played some random stuff like Zepplin and such. So get this, the drummer does a drum solo! when is the last time you saw a drum solo? Anyway, so this guy is banging along sounding pretty decent (not Alex good, but good) and near the end he gets to a part where he was doing the into to "Hot for teacher" - I wasn't imagining it! I so much wanted for the guitarist to break in at that point and go to town but it never happened. I want my VH fix so badly that I am now hoping that other bands cover a song or two. obviously I ultimately dont know the fate of VH, but I just hope beyond all hope that I can sit in HSBC Arena sometime soon and see Eddie, Al, Mike and ? playing their hearts out.

Anyway, so here's #2. Now don't jump all over me and tell me that anything else besides VH is crap because you all know that is not true. Anyway, I was on the website of another of my favorite bands, The Tragiacally Hip, and saw a real cool idea that the band is promoting. It is called "The Hip Story Project" and it it like an online scrapbook where fans can share stories and such with the band itself. You can check it out for yourself at http://thehip.com. I just thought how cool that would be if VH actually CARED enough to do something like that for us. I know we have the forums, but this is kinda different. Anyway - thanks for listening to my rants. Best of luck to you fellow linkers in the New Year - Hope for some new VH tunage!

Last Online

10.23.15 @ 04:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by H0ckeyman5150
    At that point I wished that I was at a VH show seeing Ed with that trademark look that he gets when he hits "those notes." You know the ones. Anyway, so I'm enjoying the show and for the second part of their show they played some random stuff like Zepplin and such. So get this, the drummer does a drum solo! when is the last time you saw a drum solo? Anyway, so this guy is banging along sounding pretty decent (not Alex good, but good) and near the end he gets to a part where he was doing the into to "Hot for teacher" - I wasn't imagining it! I so much wanted for the guitarist to break in at that point and go to town but it never happened. I want my VH fix so badly that I am now hoping that other bands cover a song or two. obviously I ultimately dont know the fate of VH, but I just hope beyond all hope that I can sit in HSBC Arena sometime soon and see Eddie, Al, Mike and ? playing their hearts out.
    Similar experience seeing the Stones in September. It felt liking being on a date with someone but wishing you were out with the person you really love and pining for them the whole evening.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

03.21.06 @ 09:09 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default TSO

I have seen TSO and I think they are incredible at what they are doing and their following is getting big . They have , in the past three years , went from selling out a 5000 seat venue , to doing two sold out shows at that venue to now selling out two shows at the 20,000 seat arena here in the baltimore area.

Now , just imagine this for a second ..

What if the two guitars players for them were Eddie & Vai . WHEW ..

Emolin5150

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 10:23 AM
    Liked 1,462 Times in 898 Posts

If I attend a non-VH concert or see one on tv/dvd, I always wish that I could be at a VH show. The pure magic in that band is truely great. Hopefully, that magic will be around again.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com