Register
    Favorite VH Album

1984 & Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

08.27.06 @ 04:06 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Has anyone tried the Fender G-DEC?

I played through one of these a couple of weeks ago. It has drum and bass tracks built in that you can play along with. It sounded pretty good to for a small amp. It was price at $250, I'm thinking about getting one as a practice amp.

Last Online

05.18.07 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Well, I just bought it and I will let you know what I think. I've played on and off for years, but never in a band, jammed with a couple of friends but, I thought this might be cool...especially after reading the reviews on it. For the money, if it does what it says...should be a nice little practice amp. It hasn't arrived yet. I'll keep you posted.

Last Online

05.18.07 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I've had it for about 48 hrs now. When it first arrived, the box itself makes it look like it came right off of the shelf from Toys R' Us. There is a pic of some brat on the front pretending to jam, so I was kind of going uh-oh at that point. Taking it out of the box, I was suprised at how small it was, even for a 15w amp. However, as soon as I plugged it in, I was immediately impressed. Plenty of amp mods to choose from, and they are all comparable to line6 quality. Same goes for the fx's....they can sound a bit cheesy at times, but a little tweaking and they are not too bad...plenty to choose from also. The drum patterns sound decent, the bass is a bit cheesy at times, but once again no shortage of options to choose from. It's kind of a bummer that the bass line is always the same with the drum pattern, I.E. you can't take one bass rythym you might like and hook it up with a dum patter you dig just to see how they might work together...that would be nice. They do, however have seperate volume controls for the bass and drums. The biggest bummer is probably that the tempo of the song stays the same throughout...no pauses, or slowing down or picking it up a notch, that would be a plus, but for the price...well you can't expect too much. The speaker is definetly cheap, has fuzzed out/broken up on me a couple of times already, and I'm talking at moderate volumes, especiall on the acostic setting for some strange reason. All in all, I think I'll keep it. I bought it from musicians Friend, so if the speaker goes out in the next month, or continues to be a bit of a problem, I can send it back. It seems to be a good little practice amp for the money...260$...plenty here to play around with, and it has been quite a bit of fun so far. It certainly would help a newbie learn to stay in time, and for the more experienced, it can just be nice to have a rhythm section at your fingertips whenever you wish. Some negatives but all in all, lots of fun, and worth the dough.

Favorite VH Album

1984 & Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

08.27.06 @ 04:06 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I looked at it again Friday. I'm gonna get one, but it'll be later this month.