Favorite VH Song

Changes with the day
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 07:38 PM
    Liked 546 Times in 327 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Default Comcast

I know Comcast has gotten its fair share of being hammered in some other threads around here, so I wanted to at least give them some props.

I've dealt with their customer service about 6 or 7 times - 3 for my internet service, one for an install, and twice for my cable TV service - that I can recall. The reps I dealt with were MORE than helpful, they were terrific. 2 of the 3 problems I had with my internet connection turned out to be my computer, not their service. Yet their CSR walked me through how to fix the problems, even though it had nothing to do with their service. One time was a problem that I would NEVER have figured out, it was a corrupted driver that I had to delete and let a reboot reinstall. The guy spent about 15 extra minutes with me on the phone walking me through it.

I just called them last night at about 11pm because my bedroom TV, which has my cable box, was showing a black box covering the screen on some, not all channels. I figured it had to be cable since it was only some channels. Turns out my 1 year old daughter had hit a button on the TV remote for close captioning, it had nothing to do with my cable service. I couldn't find the remote, so he offered to walk me through trying to fix it via the menu controls on the TV. Very polite and very patient.

The installer for my internet service got up on a ladder to wire my bedroom for cable TV, even though he was there to install my internet - and that room was wired already. He did it for no charge, just shrugged and said he was prepared to wire a room, he didn't care what room or what it was for.

They may suck as an entity (or not), but so far their CSR's have been nothing but great to me. I've been thinking about jumping to Verizon, as they just introduced their fiber optic cable TV service in my town, but I don't know - all I know is that every time I have an issue with my TV or internet, they've come through for me.

Last Online

03.25.16 @ 11:37 AM
    Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts

Comcast customer service reps have usually been great to me as well. Unfortunately it still did not fix the numerous problems I have had with them that did indeed turn out to be their fault.

Couple that with the fact they are raising their rates again and I feel the need to remind everyone that Comcast is like every other major corporation.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Women Down
    Favorite VH Song

Chicken Feet for Breakfast
    Last Online

07.11.09 @ 03:27 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Not to mention that they will soon be gobbled up by the Time Warner
    world domination machine.

Favorite VH Album

1984/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

5150/Crossing Over
    Last Online

02.06.17 @ 05:47 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by mistere
    Not to mention that they will soon be gobbled up by the Time Warner
    world domination machine.
    Come on, really? When I first moved out on my own 7 or 8 years ago I had Time Warner Cable which was then taken over by AT&T which was then taken over by Comcast and now it's coming back full circle.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Women Down
    Favorite VH Song

Chicken Feet for Breakfast
    Last Online

07.11.09 @ 03:27 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Exactly. It's like the weather in the South; if you don't like it, wait 10
    minutes, it will change (but chances are it's still gonna be shitty).

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

1978-1996
    Favorite VH Song

1978-1996
    Last Online

12.23.16 @ 10:32 AM
    Liked 2,068 Times in 1,102 Posts

Donor

They have been fine for the TV-part, but as far as the internet service, I had to have several "service techs" come out just to get a steady internet connection. (It kept dropping off randomly)

Each tech that came out said that the tech that came before them "Didn't know what they were doing " real nice. Turns out none of them knew dick. I did some research on different forums about broadband and DSL and found the answer on my own. The people who had the cable installed at this house originally had, I think I counted 5, different splices in the cable from the pole to the house to the room with the computer. (there should be NONE) I eliminated all the splits in the house myself and then called those nitwits to replace the outside line to the pole and it's been perfect ever since.

Other than that, they have been pretty good since changing from AT&T cable to Comcast a few years back. AT&T sucked big time.