Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.27.16 @ 07:34 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Bryan Adams

Despite Toronto having the worst snow storm on record since 1979, I had tickets for the Bryan Adams concert last night and we decided to make the trek up in the slow moving highway conditions that nearly took 3 hours to reach the destination. I was given the tickets from someone earlier in the week at work we had to see this Canuck rocker and it was worth it!

Toronto homegrown Divine Brown opened the show (we didn't see it) and from what read today did very well for herself. She did join Bryan on stage during his set though for a tune.

Bryan hit the stage at around 8:30pm and played until about 11:45 and he really put on a high energy performance unlike his gig a year ago at the Molson Amp where he played less. Bryan mentioned it was the first time he has played the ACC and he wanted to give the Toronto crowd a nice performance and appreciated the effort everyone made to come to the show despite the weather conditions!

He played some rare tunes dating back to '81 and tunes I haven't heard him perform since seeing him live in the early 80's. He played 'Lonely Nights' and 'This Time' that haven't been played in years. He threw in everything and of course classics like 'Summer of '69' and 'Cuts Like A Knife' along with 'Run To You'. He again invited someone from the audience to participate with the singing of 'When You're Gone' and it had a funny twist to it this time. When he asked the fine looking lady what she did for a living she replied "I'm a massage therapist", Bryan turned to his band and said "Do I know how to pick them or what?" The crowd loved it and the girl did a great job with the duet.
    Bryan was very interactive with the crowd all night and it's always been his forte much like Springsteen and Billy Joel has with their audience.

In contrast to like going to a great movie much can be said the same about attending a great concert. You just know you're having a great time at a concert when you take a gander at your watch and you can't believe that 2 hours just flew by! That's the feeling you got last night with Bryan Adams!

A great Canadian rocker who was having a blast last night along with his audience! Very cool!
    Bono Vox: Poetic, Political, extremely generous and just a tiny bit egomaniacal.

"You know twenty-five years ago, Tony Soprano was driving around Jersey in his iroc-Z just blasting the Van Halen"-David Lee Roth

"Will there be a Van Halen reunion? “I have hope and faith, and that’s more than just the name of a couple of strippers from Albuquerque” -David Lee Roth

"This band is three quarters original, one quarter inevitable" -David Lee Roth~2007

"“We had a lot of fun on the tour – Dave was a blast. And next time we go out, we’re going to have some new stuff, too. I’m looking forward to getting on it. I’ve got tons of music written, such a variety of stuff… Actually, next week or the week after, Wolfie, Alex, and I are gonna start jamming. Maybe we’ll give Dave a call and see what he’s up to.” - Edward Van Halen ~ 2009

~Congratulations to 2009 World Series Champions the New York Yankees~

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

Glad to know he's still putting out the goods.

I'm still partial to his I Need Somebody song from Reckless, myself.

I played Reckless over and over and over back in the day.

Hope you guys made it home okay and in the same night.
    Last edited by smithjc; 12.16.05 at 11:51 AM.
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

"A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.27.16 @ 07:34 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Thanks, we actually had to stay overnight downtown at the Delta Chelsea where most of the major Hotels had $99 "snow" rate for those not travelling and were asked not to travel the roads according to MTO in the region.

Bryan played 'Somebody' (big surprise! ) and the crowd really got into it just like the old days and seems everyone and their brother know the words from that awesome 'Reckless' release.

I remember seeing Bryan on the Reckless tour at the old CNE Stadium there in Toronto and those were fond memories! He still rocks as great as ever, nice to see the passion is still there!
    Last edited by Paul Hewson; 12.16.05 at 01:08 PM.
    Bono Vox: Poetic, Political, extremely generous and just a tiny bit egomaniacal.

"You know twenty-five years ago, Tony Soprano was driving around Jersey in his iroc-Z just blasting the Van Halen"-David Lee Roth

"Will there be a Van Halen reunion? “I have hope and faith, and that’s more than just the name of a couple of strippers from Albuquerque” -David Lee Roth

"This band is three quarters original, one quarter inevitable" -David Lee Roth~2007

"“We had a lot of fun on the tour – Dave was a blast. And next time we go out, we’re going to have some new stuff, too. I’m looking forward to getting on it. I’ve got tons of music written, such a variety of stuff… Actually, next week or the week after, Wolfie, Alex, and I are gonna start jamming. Maybe we’ll give Dave a call and see what he’s up to.” - Edward Van Halen ~ 2009

~Congratulations to 2009 World Series Champions the New York Yankees~

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

06.25.08 @ 07:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah, he's great live! I saw him too.
    I was surprised at how many songs of his I knew!
    Hits, hits and more hits!

Favorite VH Album

FUCK
    Favorite VH Song

Top Of the World
    Last Online

04.23.17 @ 12:14 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I wish I could've seen him when he was here in Dallas during the summer, but my stupid surgery conflicted :

Favorite VH Album

1984 / 5150
    Favorite VH Song

the ones with ed on them.
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 02:42 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Kewl...

Bryan's always been a class act in my book. Never had the chance to see him live but I'va always been impressed with him and especially his band. Keith Scott has to be one of the most underrated guitarists of all time. BA's new record is great as well. If you guys don't have it, I highly recommend you drop what you're doing and pick it up...
    Last edited by sixstring; 12.16.05 at 02:52 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"20 minutes (late to work)? Shit. Last year I woke up three weeks too late.
    My advice is to go for the alien abduction story. Look bemused, dishevelled and on the verge of tears as you recount your story of intrusive and degrading medical tests.
    Worked for me anyway. I still have colleagues asking me what it is like to fuck a green womanoid with seventeen breasts.
    Alternatively just walk in and inform everyone that alcoholism is indeed a disease and that they should be less judgemental and perhaps a little more supportive."
    - graeme on the addiction to this place.

"something tells me that after the nuclear holocaust, there'll be twinkies, cockroaches, and a dave vs. sammy argument going on somewhere".
    - han valen, 6.11.04

"in my best "saw" scary movie voice: "oh, yes, there will be beagles."
    - hatchetforce, 6.7.06

Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

strung out....
    Last Online

02.28.14 @ 07:54 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

damn....i shoulda went....
    i remember an old interview where ed says that the guitar player is great...
    anyways.. i think adams is great too...i always liked that song he did with tina turner too...what was that song called again... that guy wrote some fukin great tunes back in the day, and everyone wanted to play with him...
    i'll get some newer stuff like you guys said....gotta support the canadians eh...

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by muffdiver
    damn....i shoulda went....
    i remember an old interview where ed says that the guitar player is great...
    anyways.. i think adams is great too...i always liked that song he did with tina turner too...what was that song called again... that guy wrote some fukin great tunes back in the day, and everyone wanted to play with him...
    i'll get some newer stuff like you guys said....gotta support the canadians eh...
    Wasn't that "It's Only Love"
    Can't stop...addicted to the shindig...

Last Online

12.16.17 @ 10:49 AM
    Liked 1,618 Times in 995 Posts

Donor

Saw him here in town when he opened for Def Leppard last month. Very tight set, worked the crowd like a pro, every babe in the ampitheater knew his songs word for word. Not bad at all.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Last Online

08.07.17 @ 08:14 PM
    Liked 313 Times in 149 Posts

Donor

I respect his catalog up until the point of the Robin Hood tune...

The other songs on the album are good, but that tune just killed it for me...

Having said that, I think when he comes next time around here, I'd go.

Glad you had fun!
    Jet City Super Stealth
    Marshall 50th Anniversary JCM-1H and Class 5 Combo
    Austin Speaker Works KTS-60

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by SactoFan
    Wasn't that "It's Only Love"
    You are correct sir.
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

"A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One

Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

strung out....
    Last Online

02.28.14 @ 07:54 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

yep...thats it.....

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 05:59 AM
    Liked 1,350 Times in 926 Posts

Default Adams To Launch Mideast Peace Concerts

from www.billboard.com:

October 08, 2007, 12:55 PM ET

Bryan Adams will headline concerts for peace in the West Bank and Israel next week, with his performances relayed by satellite to London, Ottawa and Washington.

The New York-based One Voice peace movement said the concerts were aimed at bolstering its campaign to collect one million signatures of ordinary Israelis and Palestinians demanding that their leaders sit down and finalize an agreement on a Palestinian state living at peace with Israel.

The head of One Voice's Ramallah office, Fathi Darwish, said Adams would launch the West Bank event at a football stadium in the ancient town of Jericho, then head to Tel Aviv to perform.

Entry to the Oct. 18 events will be free, but concertgoers must sign the One Voice petition to gain entrance.

"Our goal is to send a message to the world, that the Palestinian people love life, and hope for life and liberation," Darwish said.

Some celebrities associated with the group planned on sending a message to the concerts via videolink, organizers said. One Voice's Hollywood supporters include Brad Pitt, Jennifer Aniston, Rhea Perlman, Danny de Vito and Jason Alexander.

One Voice said last month it had just over half a million signatories to its initiative -- split about equally between Israelis and Palestinians -- and was aiming to reach the one million target by the end of the year.

Sounds like an interesting idea and I hope it succeeds, but unfortunately a lot of this world's leaders (including many in our own country) don't really care what the people want.

Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:09 PM
    Liked 1,941 Times in 786 Posts

Premium Member

I saw Bryan Adams open for the Rolling Stones in Salt Lake City back in February of 99. He put one one hell of a show. Probably one of the best opening artists I've seen at a concert. He didn't play any of his cheesy ballads, which was good for a rock show.

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 05:59 AM
    Liked 1,350 Times in 926 Posts

Default Adams-Headlined Peace Concert Called Off

from www.billboard.com:

October 15, 2007, 12:00 AM ET

A peace concert promoting a two-state solution to the Israel-Palestinian conflict was called off yesterday (Oct. 15) after threats were made to Palestinians supporting the event.

The New York-based One Voice organization had planned to hold simultaneous concerts in Tel Aviv and the West Bank town of Jericho, with Canadian rock star Bryan Adams in lead billing.

The Jericho concert was called off last week due to security concerns, including threats to blow up the West Bank office of One Voice, said group founder Daniel Lubetzky. Yesterday, the Tel Aviv concert was canceled in solidarity.

"Our mission is not to entertain ... It is to mobilize moderate voices," said Lubetzky, a New York businessman. "If we have to postpone, we have to postpone."

Organizers of One Voice aim to collect a million signatures from Israelis and Palestinians calling for their leaders to negotiate a final peace settlement by October 2008. The concert was meant to support the signature campaign, with those attending the event -- free of charge -- required to sign the petition.

Many Palestinians have harshly criticized the organization, which they say is weak in defending Palestinian demands, including the right of return for refugees to the lands they left, or were forced to flee, following the Israeli-Arab war in 1948. Leading Palestinians who initially supported the event have also distanced themselves from it.

Around 600,000 Palestinians and Israelis signed on to support the organization's call for negotiations to begin between both sides. It also has received support from Hollywood stars such as Brad Pitt, Jennifer Aniston, Rhea Perlman, Danny de Vito and Jason Alexander.

and the world keeps turning...