Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default Iranian President Calls Holocaust a 'Myth'

TEHRAN, Iran — Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said Wednesday the Holocaust is a "myth" that Europeans have used to create a Jewish state in the heart of the Islamic world.

"Today, they have created a myth in the name of Holocaust and consider it to be above God, religion and the prophets," Ahmadinejad told thousands of people in the southeastern city of Zahedan.

The Iranian president previously expressed doubt that the Nazi destruction of six million European Jews during World War II had occurred. But Wednesday was the first time he publicly denied the Holocaust.

Ahmadinejad provoked an international outcry in October when he called for Israel to be "wiped off the map."

Touring southeast Iran, Ahmadinejad said that if Europeans insist the Holocaust did happen, then they are responsible and should pay the price.

"If you committed this big crime, then why should the oppressed Palestinian nation pay the price?" Ahmadinejad asked rhetorically.

"This is our proposal: If you committed the crime, then give a part of your own land in Europe, the United States, Canada or Alaska to them so that the Jews can establish their country," he said, developing a theme he raised in Saudi Arabia last week.

Germany and Israel condemned the remark, with German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier calling it "shocking and unacceptable."

Israeli Foreign Ministry spokesman Mark Regev said: "The repeated outrageous remarks of the Iranian president show clearly the mind-set of the ruling clique in Tehran and indicate clearly the extremist policy goals of the regime.

"The combination of fanatical ideology, a warped sense of reality and nuclear weapons is a combination that no one in the international community can accept," Regev added, referring to allegations that Iran is developing nuclear bombs

In Berlin, Foreign Minister Steinmeier said his government had summoned the Iranian charge d'affaires to make "unmistakably clear" its displeasure.

"I cannot hide the fact that this weighs on bilateral relations and on the chances for the negotiation process, the so-called nuclear dossier," Steinmeier said, referring to European talks with Iran on its nuclear program.

Ahmadinejad said the West had harmed Muslims, invaded their countries and plundered their wealth.

"If your civilization consists of aggression, making oppressed people homeless, suffocating the voices of justice and bringing poverty to a majority of the world's people, we say loudly that we hate your hollow civilization," he said.

The president's views sharply conflict with those of his predecessor Mohammad Khatami, a moderate who used to call for dialogue among civilizations and promoted a low-key understanding with the United States that stopped short of diplomatic relations.

Inside Iran, Ahmadinejad's remarks have been criticized by some of his conservative allies who fear he is hurting the country's image. Moderate Iranians have called on the ruling Islamic establishment to rein in the president.

But Supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, who has the ultimate say, has backed Ahmadinejad's calls for Israel's elimination.

Ahmadinejad criticized the United States for refusing to sell Iran spare parts for its civilian planes as part of its long standing embargo against the country.

Iran has suffered a series of plane accidents — most recently on Dec. 6 when an aging U.S.-made military transport plane crashed into a tall building in Tehran, killing 115 people.

Iranian officials have blamed Washington for the crashes, saying they are partly caused by the difficulty in obtaining spare parts.

"No country is authorized to impose spare-part sanctions against another country. Nothing can justify this," Ahmadinejad said Wednesday.

Ahmadinejad said the denial of spare parts was a reason why Iran would not trust Western promises to give it nuclear fuel. The country is currently at loggerheads with the West over its insistence on enriching uranium to fuel its first nuclear reactor, which is due to start generating electricity next year.

The Europeans, with U.S. backing, do not trust Iran to have its own enrichment process, as highly enriched uranium can be used for nuclear warheads. Europe has offered to sell enriched uranium for the reactor, but Iran has rejected this.

Ahmadinejad said that if Iran gave in on the nuclear dispute, there was no guarantee the West might not refuse to sell nuclear fuel in the future.

"I assure you that we won't step back one inch from our nuclear rights," the president told the crowd, drawing chants of "Death to America!"

Later this month, Iran is due to resume negotiations on the nuclear issue with envoys from Britain, France and Germany.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

On Fire
    Last Online

10.06.17 @ 09:49 AM
    Liked 16 Times in 7 Posts

Needless to say that the President does not speak for all Iranians. In fact most would not agree with any of the above. Over here we are hearing this plus much more colourful stuff. It makes for interesting reading and rumour mongering.

Like many others I am waiting to see what its all leading to.

Meanwhile life goes on in Tehran. Cold weather is coming soon, lots of wind and snow. And we all will welcome it because the air has been so polluted in recent days that emergency measures are being taken to reduce traffic and keep people indoors.

Would love a week in Cabo......
    Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence.

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 06:15 PM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

And people don't think this is one reason we're dragging our feat in Iraq?
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 08:52 AM
    Liked 4,807 Times in 2,454 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aristotle
    Needless to say that the President does not speak for all Iranians. In fact most would not agree with any of the above. Over here we are hearing this plus much more colourful stuff. It makes for interesting reading and rumour mongering.

Like many others I am waiting to see what its all leading to.

Meanwhile life goes on in Tehran. Cold weather is coming soon, lots of wind and snow. And we all will welcome it because the air has been so polluted in recent days that emergency measures are being taken to reduce traffic and keep people indoors.

Would love a week in Cabo......
    Unfortunately I think its going to lead to an armed conflict with Israel. Soon enough they will attack what they think are nuclear targets and all hell is going to break loose.

Think the weather is bad. Try living in Cleveland Ohio. We are already ahead of last years record snowfall.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Voodoo Queen
    Last Online

09.01.07 @ 03:35 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls
    Unfortunately I think its going to lead to an armed conflict with Israel. Soon enough they will attack what they think are nuclear targets and all hell is going to break loose.<snip>.
    And the wine press was trodden outside the city, and blood came out from the wine press, up to the horses' bridles, for a distance of two hundred miles.

Favorite VH Album

OU812 (see my bio for other)
    Favorite VH Song

In A Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

10.02.17 @ 07:47 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls
    Unfortunately I think its going to lead to an armed conflict with Israel.
    And that is, of course, the problem. It'll be a huge problem for Iran for certain, but if either side pulls out the nukes, then it'll be a problem for the entire world.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Over here we are hearing this plus much more colourful stuff.
    Where are you?
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I think Mahmoud needs to take a vacation to take in the sights. Say Poland.

Also, if the Iranian government spent the money that it's spending on it's nuke projects they could be building their own airliners. If a country has the technical capacity to build nuclear weapons they also have the technical capacity for mass production of goods. They could put people to work and at the same time be less reliant on the Satanic west and give other like-minded Middle Eastern countries a new place to shop.

But that would be the smart thing to do.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Favorite VH Album

Alright, I admit - All of them
    Favorite VH Song

Almost all of them
    Last Online

03.01.12 @ 05:52 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I wonder what the President of Iran is smoking or injecting? To make an official opinion like that is fine, but it's even better when it's an INFORMED opinion.
    Homer: No one snuggles with Max Power. Just strap on and feel the Gs!

American Coast Guard: Back off Canadians we got them.
    Canadian Coast Guard: You back off hosers, they are in Canadian waters, eh.
    American Coast Guard: Beat it you puck smacking maple suckers!
    Canadian Coast Guard: Take a hike you Shatner stealing Mexico touchers!

Bart: Who the hell is this?
    Jack Bauer: I’m Jack Bauer, who the hell is this?
    Bart: Me, er… I’m Ahmed Adudi
    Jack: Chloe, get me all you can on Ahmed Adudi… Does anyone there know Ahmed Adudi?
    Chloe O’Brien: Ahmed Adudi; wealthy Saudi financier… Disappeared into Afghanistan in the late 90s…
    Jack: … Really?
    Chloe (ironically): No Jack it’s a joke name, you’re being set up.
    Jack: DAMMIT!

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

TEHRAN, Iran (CNN) -- Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has described the Holocaust as "a myth" and suggested that Israel be moved to Europe, the United States, Canada or Alaska.

The United States, Israel and the European Commission -- along with individual European countries -- have condemned the remark.

"They have invented a myth that Jews were massacred and place this above God, religions and the prophets," Ahmadinejad said in a speech to thousands of people in the Iranian city of Zahedan, according to a report on Wednesday from Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting.

"The West has given more significance to the myth of the genocide of the Jews, even more significant than God, religion, and the prophets," he said. "(It) deals very severely with those who deny this myth but does not do anything to those who deny God, religion, and the prophet."

"If you have burned the Jews, why don't you give a piece of Europe, the United States, Canada or Alaska to Israel," Ahmadinejad said.

Mark Regev, spokesman for Israel's Foreign Ministry, said: "The combination of a regime with a radical agenda, together with a distorted sense of reality that is clearly indicated by the statements we heard today, put together with nuclear weapons -- I think that's a dangerous combination that no one in the international community can accept."

"What the Iranian president has shown us today is that he is clearly outside the international consensus, he is clearly outside international norms and international legitimacy, and in so doing he has shown the Iranian government for what it is -- a rogue regime opposed to peace and stability and a threat to all its neighboring countries," Regev said.

In addition, Ahmadinejad spoke in Zahedan about Iran's nuclear program, maintaining it will insist on its right to develop nuclear energy for peaceful purposes.

"Those who themselves produce nuclear arms should not raise hue and cry against those who only want to gain access to nuclear technology for peaceful purposes," he said, according to a report from the Islamic Republic News Agency.

"Countries which have arsenals of nuclear, chemical and biological weapons which can be used against other countries at their whim and those who supplied the Baathist regime with (chemical) weapons that killed thousands of innocent Iranians ... now go to all lengths to block Iran from gaining access to peaceful nuclear technology," he said.

"We are sure they have criminal intentions, and there was never any doubt that they were piling weapons of mass destruction to be used against less powerful nations," Ahmadinejad said, according to the IRNA report.

'Completely unacceptable'
    In Berlin, German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier said his government had summoned the Iranian charge d'affaires to make "unmistakably clear" its displeasure, The Associated Press said.

"I cannot hide the fact that this weighs on bilateral relations and on the chances for the negotiation process, the so-called nuclear dossier," Steinmeier said, referring to European talks with Iran on its nuclear program. (Full story)

The White House said the comments underlined the need for the international community to work together to "keep Iran from developing nuclear weapons."

"All responsible leaders in the international community recognize how outrageous such comments are," spokesman Scott McClellan said, Reuters reported.

In Brussels, European Commission spokeswoman Emma Udwin said such "completely unacceptable" comments would do nothing to restore confidence in Iran.

"We feel very strongly that Iran is damaging its own interests with these kind of remarks," she added.

The Spanish government said it "emphatically condemns" the remarks by the Iranian president.

"These statements from the highest levels of Iran, added to previous statements, do not contribute in any way to the peace process between Arabs and Israelis, nor to the stability of the Middle East region," the Spanish Foreign Ministry said in a statement.

Ahmadinejad's views contrast with those of his moderate predecessor Mohammad Khatami, who urged a dialogue among civilizations.

Some conservative allies in Iran have criticized the current president's remarks, AP reported, because they fear he is damaging the country's image.

Moderates have urged the ruling Islamic establishment to rein in the president. But Supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei supports Ahmadinejad's calls for Israel's elimination, the news agency added.

Tehran-based political analyst Mahmoud Alinejad said the president could feel his speeches strengthen Iran diplomatically.

"There is a perception, based on past experience that only when Iran threatens and pushes does the West back off," he told Reuters.

CNN producer Michal Zippori contributed to this report.

On Fire
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by voivod
    Where are you?
    Iran. Northern Tehran to be exact.

Over here its rumour after rumour. The city is busy chatting about everything from the President's alleged belief that Mehdi (the Shiite Messiah who is to appear on Judgement Day) is coming in two years..........to the conspiring and ever present hand of the British Embassy behind the scenes.

I take in all of it with a pinch of salt. But there is no denying that not since the early days of the revolution has anyone from the establishment been so controversial and outspoken, and unpredictable.

Interesting times ahead I'm sure.
    Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence.

On Fire
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Axxman300
    I think Mahmoud needs to take a vacation to take in the sights. Say Poland.

Also, if the Iranian government spent the money that it's spending on it's nuke projects they could be building their own airliners. If a country has the technical capacity to build nuclear weapons they also have the technical capacity for mass production of goods. They could put people to work and at the same time be less reliant on the Satanic west and give other like-minded Middle Eastern countries a new place to shop.

But that would be the smart thing to do.
    I understand that he is already familiar with Eastern Europe!

As for building aircraft, Iran is actually building its own helicopters (based on old Bell Huey designs I believe) though I'm not sure how they are doing in service. What I do know that Iran cooperated with Ukraine to build a passenger aircraft which crashed and killed about 150 people in its first month of service.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Iran. Northern Tehran to be exact.
    Cool - I think... Power of the internet... What kind of ISP do you use over there? School, work, at home dial-up, broadband? Take it easy!

On Fire
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by voivod
    Cool - I think... Power of the internet... What kind of ISP do you use over there? School, work, at home dial-up, broadband? Take it easy!
    ADSL at work and Dial Up at home. Right now its the weekend for us. Watching typical weekend-nap-in-front-of-the-TV movie (Round the World in 80 Days).

I agree about the power of the Internet. I also admire the power of Van Halen music which crosses ALL boundaries.

Last Online

10.23.15 @ 04:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

ADSL at work and Dial Up at home. Right now its the weekend for us. Watching typical weekend-nap-in-front-of-the-TV movie (Round the World in 80 Days).

I agree about the power of the Internet. I also admire the power of Van Halen music which crosses ALL boundaries.
    That is so cool that there are VH fans in Iran!