Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Streets
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

OK, I'm a new guy here but have been a fan since VH1. I have done some sideline work in Europe assisting with Talent Booking & misc. work for some acts that have come through Europe over the last two years. I have recently coordinated foreign press for Ryan Adams on his short European tour that was in Munich last night. Anyway, sorry for the long setup here but I guess it is best to lay it all out for you.

A certain member of Ryan Adams' touring band and I had a late lunch yesterday before their soundcheck. The reason for the lunch was an interview with the band member to get his take on Bob Dylan's latest album for a book I am prepping. You see, this guy played with Dylan in the mid 90's and is known far and wide for his sweet pedal steel playing. This is rambling a bit but stay with me for the payoff, OK?

He talked alot about who he had worked with in the past and did some quick 'off the cuff' comparisons to Dylan. Steve Miller (Steve Miller Band) was a topic and a friend of this man. I asked what Steve Miller has been keeping himself busy with lately and you wouldn't believe what he told me. Not a direct quote but pretty much all there:
    "He has been recording some things with Eddie Van Halen and David Lee Roth". Huh?? (not wanting to sound overly interested, I moved along to other topics but gradually moved back into the Steve Miller stuff) What has he done with EVH and DLR asked I. "Steve said Ed Van Halen asked him to put some crunchy, melodic, you know, that patented Steve Miller Band guitar sound to about 5 diffferent things he was working on"

I wasn't aware that EVH was working with DLR, what did Steve say about that? "Not too much, other to say that some vocal tracks were played back after he helped Ed loop some of the tracks they recorded together and it was obviously David Lee Roth singing. Apparently Ed told Steve Miller that they were trying several different things out with DLR in the hopes of being able to release a new album and tour behind it somewhere down the road"

Sorry for this long post but it needed to be that way based on the talk I had yesterday. By the way, Ryan Adams puts on a hell of a show.

Favorite VH Album

All 7 with Dave
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

09.26.16 @ 06:19 AM
    Liked 95 Times in 61 Posts

Interesting. There still may be some hope. RIIIIIIGHT.

[ February 18, 2002 at 02:14 PM: Message edited by: AJW ]</p>

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

I have to pick?
    Last Online

04.21.16 @ 10:57 PM
    Liked 13 Times in 5 Posts

......OK?

Somone other than Eddie playing guitar on a Van Halen album (not even in the band no less) is laying tracks down? I'm sorry... I don't buy it.
    Your favorite band sucks.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

09.23.16 @ 10:39 PM
    Liked 531 Times in 199 Posts

Originally posted by xaminer:
    ......OK?

Somone other than Eddie playing guitar on a Van Halen album (not even in the band no less) is laying tracks down? I'm sorry... I don't buy it.
    lukather did on balance didn't he?

and i don't get this one either..

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

maybe it is true but i don't buy anything until we hear from van halen.
    van halen shall return. what you think is nothing might be something after all.

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Streets
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I found it odd, strange, simply unbelievable as well when I heard it. I have since done some digging and can actually see the connection. You see, Steve Miller first got to know EVH in 1988 when they appeared together on a Cinemax Special in honor of Les Paul. Other guitar greats on that program included David Gilmour and BB King. Miller also co-wrote and added guitar to several songs on the Paul McCartney 'Flaming Pie' album a few years back.

Who knows what this all means?

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Meanstreet
    Last Online

05.18.12 @ 08:24 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Mods... yet another Rumor mill canidate...

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Well Aw Riight!! All Hell Yeah!! YEZ YEAH!!!
    Maybe they were revvin' up a lil' ol' K.C.Douglas,"Mercury Blues??"
    ...sum atomic blues...cornfields and haystacks, sleepy towns and lazy Sunday afternoons...whiskey soaked howl an' textbook Roth yelps...juke joint jumpers...a craggy, sad rasp...ALL ABOARD!!...Play a longtime nah!!... [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

Make that ol' fiddle talk nah!!
    Nah you cookin'...with gas...the pot iz on!!...

Last Online

06.12.15 @ 11:43 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

Even if it was true, what are the odds that it is information based on what happened 6 months ago. And has no affect on the current situation... that nothing is happening.
    I SURVIVED TEXAS LINKERS WEEKEND I, II, III, IV and VI and VII.barely made it to VIII time to slow down
    I musta had a broken middle finger for V
    http://www.youtube.com/user/daneph

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

02.20.07 @ 02:36 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Although I'm not saying I believe this story, nothing was certainly happening six months ago. That was precisely when Dave stated that nothing was happening with VH. It seems he hasn't been around since the summer of '00. If this were true, it would have to have happened very recently. Maybe Ed really feels lost musically and needs a kick. Either way, the fact that Ed sounded very iffy about this working out or happening down the road yet his also being confirmed working in 5150 on "something" now makes this a little more believable than Honest Idiot Lawyer's story. Who knows? I don't really believe this fully, but it's more palatable. Ed probably feels better about getting a musician like Steve Miller coming down to the studio just to check things out.

Did Lukather really add any work to BALANCE? I didn't know that. It sounds like all Ed.
    "I had a girl beating on my hotel door all night...She was screaming, crying. Finally, I said, 'What the hell'...and I let her out!"- DLR

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What a shocker this person is a first time poster.

YAWN.

Unchained
    Last Online

01.28.16 @ 12:53 PM
    Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts

I have no problem at all with killer rhythms of the Space Cowboy, one of the most definitive sounds of the 70's, and a killer player in his own right.

Lou, I have said this before, those of us with any quantity of posts have failed to deliver as far as digging up any news, so I think when and if we do ever get some reliable info, it will be from a new poster, and after all the redass we've been given all the bad cherries, it is only normal to be pessimistic. I just think when we do get something that winds up being true in the long run, if we look back, it could well have been brought to us by a first time poster, and we just wouldn't believe. No reason to bet the farm on any one who posts this kind of news, but it doesn't hurt to consider it for a night and have a little discussion.
    John 3:16, Can You Dig It?

People, the 6 wings of the Mighty Van Halen will fly again! Can You Dig It?

You gotta give more than you take! Can You Dig it?

And underneath the arch, it turned into a march,
    and there He found a spark to set this fucker off!
    Set it off, set it off now children,set if off!

We are down the road! I Can Dig It! Can You?

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

I'm really hoping to hear an album from this "Ryan" Adams guy...he sounds awesome...
    Can't stop...addicted to the shindig...

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Remember when Rol came out with the whole Michael Anthony thing? He had one thing that none of these other posters ever have--SUPPORT. That's why I believed him. He had credible people with reputations and businesses on the line backing him up. Ever notice how NONE of these rumor mongers, who always post the rumor as their first post, ever have anyone backing them up? That's why I don't believe any of them. I don't think anyone would take the time or have the patience to build up their post count over months just so they could spring a rumor and make it sound more credible. They just state the rumor right from the get-go and get a kick if anyone actually believes them.

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 07:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Well,

For better or for worse,
    in sickness and in health

I'm sending this thread to the Rumor Mill!!!! [img]smile.gif[/img]

And now with the power vested in me, I now pronounce you Man and Rumor. You may now 'scuse me while I kiss the sky.