Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Top Of The World
    Last Online

02.29.08 @ 03:42 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

ESPN Shows Their Ass

Watching Monday night countdown and saw something that I had to relate to the fine people on the VH boards. It seems that Michael Irving....former reciever and drug addict and current personality on ESPN....was pulled over by the cops and was charged with possesion of drug paraphenalia......a crack pipe! Well, ESPN devoted a segment to Mr. Irving so that he could clear his name. He fielded softball questions from Stuart Scott and was allowed to plead his case on national TV. Man....I wish he would have said something remotely true about a certain Philadelphia quarterback....that's how you get a segment to defend yourself!.......or.....maybe not. Maybe Rush should smoke crack! Your thoughts?
    believe the lies...there is no truth

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 06:15 PM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

I think I'll move this over to the sports section for discussion there.

As for Irving, I heard the espn spot was done without them knowing about the charges prior. I didn't see the segment though.
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Pope Of Greenwich Village SuckaInA3Piece's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

08.28.17 @ 03:27 PM
    Liked 98 Times in 54 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by swage
    Watching Monday night countdown and saw something that I had to relate to the fine people on the VH boards. It seems that Michael Irving....former reciever and drug addict and current personality on ESPN....was pulled over by the cops and was charged with possesion of drug paraphenalia......a crack pipe! Well, ESPN devoted a segment to Mr. Irving so that he could clear his name. He fielded softball questions from Stuart Scott and was allowed to plead his case on national TV. Man....I wish he would have said something remotely true about a certain Philadelphia quarterback....that's how you get a segment to defend yourself!.......or.....maybe not. Maybe Rush should smoke crack! Your thoughts?
    I wanna buy you a beer.
    "It's always a Catch-22 situation. They hate you if you're the same, and they hate you if you're different."
    ~Eddie Van Halen~

"The perfect woman has an IQ of 150, wants to make love until 4 in the morning, and then turns into a pizza."
    ~David Lee Roth~

Sucka'sFacebook

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 10:10 AM
    Liked 11,557 Times in 4,925 Posts

Irvin boys, not Irving.

What you don't believe he's innocent?
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

dont ask i love em all
    Favorite VH Song

ARE U KIDDING ME
    Last Online

06.16.12 @ 03:16 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

i know he has a past with drugs , but remember innocent til proven guilty.........

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

08.27.17 @ 09:39 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 105 Posts

He is an employee of ESPN. Dan Patrick spoke of the "spotlight" Irvin will get because of this, as well as ESPN's ratings.
    Just go for it!

Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

strung out....
    Last Online

02.28.14 @ 07:54 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

he said it was someone else's crackpipe and he took it away so they couldn't use it....LMAO....
    if you believe that you are two sandwiches short of a picnic....

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by muffdiver
    he said it was someone else's crackpipe and he took it away so they couldn't use it....LMAO....
    if you believe that you are two sandwiches short of a picnic....
    Agreed. And he also said that he had planned to throw it away somewhere, like outside of a supermarket or something but forgot about it. Yea, I always lose track of my crack pipe too, it's the darndest thing!

Here's a guy that has taken personal shots at a lot of NFL players, mostly QB Donovan McNabb. Here's one of the nice guys in the NFL that doesn't have any off he field things going one like Mike did. I'm pretty sure Mike wouldn't like Donovan getting on national tv and speaking about Mike's drug problem. It would be nice if Irvin gave him that same respect back.
    "It's always a Catch-22 situation. They hate you if you're the same, and they hate you if you're different."
    ~Eddie Van Halen~

"The perfect woman has an IQ of 150, wants to make love until 4 in the morning, and then turns into a pizza."
    ~David Lee Roth~

Sucka'sFacebook

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Too many!
    Last Online

03.12.07 @ 01:18 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Yeah...he was patting down his friend of 17 years before he came in the door of his house on Thanksgiving. Yeah...this all sounds likely.
    "Maybe I was the only one, but I really felt like we could surprise these guys. Obviously, that was not the case."

Brett Favre 09/10/06

http://www.myspace.com/lionzrule

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Too many!
    Last Online

03.12.07 @ 01:18 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Oh yeah...this was pretty funny too.
    "Irvin said plastic baggies with marijuana residue found in a Versace sunglasses case with the pipe also belonged to his friend."
    "Maybe I was the only one, but I really felt like we could surprise these guys. Obviously, that was not the case."

Brett Favre 09/10/06

http://www.myspace.com/lionzrule

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

06.12.17 @ 10:40 AM
    Liked 73 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

Maybe as a response to the Stu Scott piece, Dan Patrick had a chance to talk with Irvin:
    Patrick: “You know if you take a drug test, all the speculation would go away.”
    To which Irvin said something like, “I understand that. I just need to get with my lawyer to make sure it’s the right thing to do.”
    Weak man.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by scherb
    Maybe as a response to the Stu Scott piece, Dan Patrick had a chance to talk with Irvin:
    Patrick: “You know if you take a drug test, all the speculation would go away.”
    To which Irvin said something like, “I understand that. I just need to get with my lawyer to make sure it’s the right thing to do.”
    Weak man.

I didn't see Monday Night Countdown last night, is that what Michael acutally said???
    ~Eddie Van Halen~

~David Lee Roth~

Sucka'sFacebook

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

06.12.17 @ 10:40 AM
    Liked 73 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by SuckaInA3Piece
    I didn't see Monday Night Countdown last night, is that what Michael acutally said???
    EPSN.com still has the interview up. (main page - under Irvin Speaks, there is a link to listen to the Patrick interview)
    Just sounded weak.
    I give Patrick credit for putting him on the spot. Nothing Irvin said sounded very convincing. But I could be wrong.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by scherb
    EPSN.com still has the interview up. (main page - under Irvin Speaks, there is a link to listen to the Patrick interview)
    Just sounded weak.
    I give Patrick credit for putting him on the spot. Nothing Irvin said sounded very convincing. But I could be wrong.
    Wow, I'll have to take a listen to that.

I'll give Dan a lot of credit. He doesn't softball anybody.
    ~Eddie Van Halen~

~David Lee Roth~

Sucka'sFacebook

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 11:01 AM
    Liked 11,750 Times in 6,508 Posts

Premium Member

Tweet Reveals ESPN Ignoring Viewers’ Complaints on ‘Too Much Politics’

8 Mar 2017

Despite years of complaints from viewers that the network has drifted too far to the political left, sports news network ESPN seems to be thoroughly ignoring its customers by continuing to delve into politics at the expense of sports coverage. A tweet of ESPN’s video archive page tells the tale.
    Sean Davis, active Twitter user and co-founder of TheFederalist.com took a poignant screen shot of ESPN’s “Outside The Lines” video archive page which reveals just how little sports seems to be on the sports network.

Of the seven videos that appeared at the top of ESPN’s archive listings, only two could be fairly termed a sports story with all the rest strictly political coverage.

The first story covers Florida Senator Marco Rubio talking about a bill addressing Obamacare. Following that were two stories featuring ESPN columnist Jayson Stark attacking Major League Baseball for refusing to wallow in left-wing social activism. Then another exploring the anguish of a transgender wrestler who is being accused of beating girls even though she is pumped full of steroids and testosterone, which was followed by a discussion of public opinion of transgender “rights.”

Out of the seven shown in the tweet only the story about the problems among members of the family that owns the L.A. Lakers and the story on girls from USA Gymnastics talking of sexual abuse by coaches even approach actual sports reporting — and even those are not strictly sports stories.

The tweet about the program archive highlights complaints from viewers that the network has become far too political. The grousing from fans grew loud enough for ESPN’s ombudsman, Jim Brady, to make a furtive attempt to address the complaints in a November piece exploring the network’s seeming bias against conservative political views.

In the face of the obvious recognition that fans are getting tired of all the politics at ESPN, though, Brady concluded that there is no problem with the network’s programing. Despite Brady’s self-serving conclusion, though, the network is still losing millions annually.

Early in February it was reported that ESPN is losing up to 10,000 subscribers a day and weeks later it was announced that the network was gearing up to eliminate millions in salaries by planning a big round of layoffs in a desperate attempt to staunch the financial bleeding.

http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2017...much-politics/
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

16. The Following Member Likes This Post: