Favorite VH Album

Have a soft spot for F*U*C*K
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

08.25.17 @ 05:45 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 11 Posts

Donor

Kids Xmas pressies... the ripp off merchants!!!

It's that time of year again, when we all turn into the Arnie character when he was looking for a Turboman, (forget the name of the film) and try to get hold of this years fave xmas toy.

My youngest is desperate for a Nintendo DS with a dog game which is being sold and advertised on tv by one of our biggest department stores Woolworths. This package isn't available anywhere else. So I checked online, they are listed as being £99.99 but no stock is available at the moment. However, some bastard has them on ebay starting at £130.00, the latest bid being £155.00. So they've bought god knows how many at the store price and whacked at least £30 on top for starters.

The holiday season always brings out the greedy, money grabbing assholes amongst us and it seriously make me mad!! (I had the same problem with Woody and Buzz when they were the top toy)

Just had to vent a bit.
    Last edited by stilleddiesangel; 11.19.05 at 03:25 PM.
    ****Texas - Home Of My Heart****

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Balance/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/5150/Don\'t Tell Me
    Last Online

04.29.16 @ 07:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

We always have a small Christmas. Probably drop around 1K for everybody....folks at work, 2 kids, grandparents on both sides.

The wife and I only buy small stuff. We just bought each other a stove last week at Sears.......getting old sucks.

I've recently sold some guitars on ebay and I'm hanging with a POD XT and a Garmin GPS device....so I'm cool.....the kids are only 6 and 2 so....anthing that turns from a robot to a car is good with them.
    Actually I think most of us are Dave, Sam, and Mike fans. There's just a small group of people who have strange allegiances and like to get into petty pissing contests that I can't believe everyone on this site isn't bored of. - Brett

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stilleddiesangel
    The holiday season always brings out the greedy, money grabbing assholes amongst us and it seriously make me mad!! (I had the same problem with Woody and Buzz when they were the top toy)
    i have an $800 Xbox 360 you may be interested in.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Okay kids, I was in the toy industry for 17 years, here's how the game works...

Big Toy Co. has the next big thing, they already know this through test-marketing. The hype from the NY toy show back in February has got people chompng at the bit. Big Toy Co. has production facilities in China and Mexico and has the capability to manufacture enough of their hot new toy to fill every order.

But they don't.

They produce maybe one-third of this hot item, this creates both hype and panic so that when Big Toy Co.'s new goodie hit's the shelves it sells out immediately, it's all over the news which makes even more people want it. So the retailers scream and beg for restock from Big Toy Co. and Big Toy Co. "Goes into emergancy production " to fill these orders (actually, they have some in inventory that make it to certain "pet" retailers just in the nick of time). Everyone one else has to make a rain check to get the hot item later in January or February. This maintains high sales for Big Toy Co. durring the slowest months of the year for toys. By July/August, the hot item is 40% off. Unless it's a tech item, then it's 20% off until the "Hot Item 360" is due then it drops to 50% or more in price.

Really, as evil as this all is, it's the consumer's fault. They play the game instead of being patient. The worst ones are the people who have to be the first on the block to have it. Then there are the people who will buy the hot toy off E-Bay for 800% more simply because they can't tell their child "No".
    I have no pity for them, patients always pays off. I'm getting the new X-Box 360 late next Summer, after I buy an HD t.v., and I'll pay less than those who've bought it before Christmas.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Eruption
    Last Online

07.10.17 @ 09:12 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 10 Posts

Well I have a guaranteed xbox 360 for a mere $1000. Hell, I'll even throw in a game.

I'm getting the new X-Box 360 late next Summer, after I buy an HD t.v., and I'll pay less than those who've bought it before Christmas.
    There may be a possible price drop, but who knows. I just bought a 50"plasma to go with my 360. It is going to be sweet Tuesday.
    Last edited by Limecuda; 11.19.05 at 09:32 PM.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

Donor

Looks to me like there's a lot of Ebeneezers out there...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ebenezer didn't spend money. i'm spending money to make money. it's the American way.

Last Online

06.10.07 @ 04:25 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Axxman300
    Okay kids, I was in the toy industry for 17 years, here's how the game works...

How many different careers have you had, dude?

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber
    Ebenezer didn't spend money. i'm spending money to make money. it's the American way.
    LOL.. nope Ebeneezer was a loan shark... he made money from the misery of others, not that I'm saying thats what you're doing, just that a lot of people like to create the climate to rip off parents at a time when it's financially difficult enough for a lot of parents anyway.
    Last edited by stilleddiesangel; 11.20.05 at 03:44 PM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

so if i put it on Ebay at below retail price, and people drive the price higher than that, it's my fault? riiiiiight.

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

11.11.11 @ 08:33 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber
    so if i put it on Ebay at below retail price, and people drive the price higher than that, it's my fault? riiiiiight.
    Why did you buy it in the first?

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

sure as shit ain't gonna play it.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by BradS
    How many different careers have you had, dude?
    It wasn't a career, it was a job. I was a studio monkey for two years before I quit, the toy thing over-lapped. The last four years I've worked as a temp while I write my book. I have to say, the last four years have been more interesting than the previous 17. I miss toys and hobbies but between working all sorts of off the wall jobs and working the evening shift at a motel I've met all kinds of people and seen crazy things.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.08.17 @ 01:39 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

I have a Nintendo DS. That Nintendo Dogs game looks really dumb to me. I like Marvel Nemesis, Nanostray, Goldeneye 007.
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Last Online

10.23.15 @ 04:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Axxman300
    Really, as evil as this all is, it's the consumer's fault. They play the game instead of being patient. The worst ones are the people who have to be the first on the block to have it. Then there are the people who will buy the hot toy off E-Bay for 800% more simply because they can't tell their child "No".
    I have no pity for them, patients always pays off. I'm getting the new X-Box 360 late next Summer, after I buy an HD t.v., and I'll pay less than those who've bought it before Christmas.
    Baloney. It's not just telling your kid "no". I don't know if you have kids but if the "only" thing your 5 year old child really, really wants for Xmas is "X" toy, you want to try your best to get it for them. It's alot better than when your parent ignores what you really want and gets you some other thing because it was easy/cheap or whatever. Why bother. At least getting them something they truly want goes a long way to being something they play with as long as you don't overwhelm them with a pile of toys. I don't agree with paying 800% markup and wouldn't but there is nothing wrong with making a genuine effort. And waiting for June to give your five year old a gift from Santa is not going to cut it.