Favorite VH Album

5150, OU812, Balance, F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

Dont have one
    Last Online

08.28.16 @ 11:47 PM
    Liked 18 Times in 11 Posts

Default R.I.P My Dog - Yoshi

Well, just like the title says, I had to put my dog down today and I never thought in a million years that I would feel like I do now.

Latley, she was having some problems getting up by herself and we noticed today that she was really mopy and couldnt even get her self up. So we figured that her hips were starting to give out on her because she had some previous trouble with her hips before. So we took her to the vet and come to find out, her hips were perfectly fine but the Vet noticed that she had NO mussle what-so-ever in her legs and torso. So after a few quick x-rays, we discovered that the reason she had no muscle was that her pancreas was workin tripple time because there was a tumor the size of a watermellon in her stomach. The tumor was preventing her digestion system to break down any food for her so that her muscles could regenerate. It all makes sence now that she had such a hard time getting up, was because she had no muscle on any part of her body and the reason we didnt notice it before was that her coat was FLUFFY! and we couldnt tell if she was at normal weight or not. She was a border collie so her coat looked like she was just ran through the dryer.

So after the vet told us that even if he did surgery on her, she still probably wouldnt have survived. She was 13 years old (about 91 for human years) so she lived a good life time and I just knew that this day was coming, I just didnt know when. But out of everyone in my family, im takin it the hardest because Ive had this dog since I was in Kindergarden (Im a senior now) so ive had her all my life and its kind of left me with a feeling like a family member had died...and in alot of ways, its exactly that.

Right when I took her collar off, I just about lost it because I knew that was going to be the last time I would ever see my dog and the entire way home, I never once let go of the collar. The only thing that is helping me is knowing that she will be much better because if we were to let her go, the tumor would have killed her gradually and I just knew that she couldnt take the pain any longer. I have now hung up the collar with a few of my trophys on my wall, to commemerate my dogs life.

Rest in peace Yoshi. You were a good dog, and a good friend
    Facebook http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=504401115
    YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/jedimasterkyle

BOISE STATE BRONCOS! - They're awesome. Deal with it!

11/16/04 - VAN HALEN in Boise, Idaho. Changed my life forever

8/8/06 - Sammy Hagar and the Wabos w/Michael Anthony in Boise, Idaho. Sam and Mike still kick ass

Hang 'Em High Blind Lemon Loons's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind Of Truth!!
    Favorite VH Song

Stay Frosty Whooooo! Look Out!
    Last Online

12.03.17 @ 07:20 AM
    Liked 154 Times in 114 Posts

Donor

I'm sorry for your loss. Just remember that the heartbreak you are feeling now will fade down the line even if it leaves a scar. God Bless Ya, Yoshi.
    Last edited by Blind Lemon Loons; 11.19.05 at 03:06 PM.

Middle of Tornado/earthquake alley.... so confused!!!
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

Poundcake
    Last Online

07.22.17 @ 01:18 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Sooo sorry Thai Boxer. I can't imagine loosing my baby.

Favorite VH Album

Have a soft spot for F*U*C*K
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

08.25.17 @ 05:45 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 11 Posts

Donor

I'm so sad to hear you had to lose your dog, and you feel like you've lost a family member cos thats what she was, especially as she's been with you most of your life. Thats what most people feel about their pets. Even tho you know that it was for the best for her, it doesn't make the loss easier. But we mourn and then it gets easier and we remember them for all the happiness they brought us. I know you will too.

My heart goes out to you sweetie.
    ****Texas - Home Of My Heart****

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

take your whiskey home
    Last Online

09.10.17 @ 07:23 PM
    Liked 51 Times in 34 Posts

wow!so sorry about your dog.as a matter of fact i just sat down yesterday and wrote this e-mail to my friends and now will share it with you guys.i am a 40 year old man and am completely devastated.you obviously are much younger and i feel your pain.this was my second dog in my life (the first was a mutt and really was the family dog),but heidi was a miniature dachsund and has been with me ever since i moved out on my own.maybe that is why i feel worse about her!THERE ARE NO TRUER WORDS THAN "A DOG IS A MAN'S BEST FRIEND" i just hope i hurry up and get over it ,but i think it will be a long time!

FRIENDS!
    I KNEW THIS DAY WOULD COME,BUT IT MAKES THIS NO EASIER. I ALLOWED MY GOOD FRIEND AND HEIDI'S DOCTOR FOR THE LAST 17 1/2 YEARS DR.BOLES COME AND TAKE MY BEST FRIEND AND COMPANION FOR THE LAST 17 TEARS TODAY. I WAS BLESSED TO HAVE A DOG SO GOOD FOR THAT LONG.SHE WAS IN NO PAIN IN THE END ,HOWEVER SHE HAD LOST HER MOTOR SKILLS ONE DAY AGO AND I JUST COULDN'T STAND THE THOUGHT OF JUST WATCHING HER LAY AROUND AND NOT BE ABLE TO MOVE.

JUST ABOUT EVERYONE OF YOU HAD THE PLEASURE OF MEETING HER AND TO THOSE OF YOU THAT DIDN'T YOU WOULD HAVE LOVED HER JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE DID. I HOPE YOU ALL CAN SEE THE PICTURE IN THE BACKGROUND AS THAT IS EXACTLY HOW SHE LOOKED!!!! THOSE OF YOU THAT KNOW ME WELL, KNOW I'LL BE O.K. AFTER LETTING THIS SINK IN A LITTLE.

THANK YOU HEIDI FOR BEING THE BEST DOG A HUMAN BEING COULD EVER HOPE FOR,AND TONIGHT WE WILL SPEND ONLY OUR 6TH NIGHT APART IN 17 YEARS,BUT YOU WILL BE BACK IN THIS HOUSE SOON!

THANK YOU ALL FOR LISTENING AND IF I AM NOT ON TOUCH RIGHT OFF THE BAT,JUST HANG IN THERE AS IT WAS MORE DIFFICULT THAN I THOUGHT.

Last Online

05.18.07 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Sorry for the loss. I've lost a couple over the years, they are family members, and it is always tough. Just know, time will ease the wound and you will always have fond memories of your baby.

Last Online

06.12.15 @ 12:43 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

I feel for ya, had our 10 year old boxer put down last summer, I was ok till I hit the door on the way out.

We went a year without, and now have a beautiful 7 month old black lab.
    I SURVIVED TEXAS LINKERS WEEKEND I, II, III, IV and VI and VII.barely made it to VIII time to slow down
    I musta had a broken middle finger for V
    http://www.youtube.com/user/daneph

Casting Shade
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Light Up The Sky
    Last Online

05.04.08 @ 05:05 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sorry dude. I know how much it sucks. Just know that in time the pain will go away. You did lose a member of the family, lost someone you love. I went through the same thing last Christmas, and I stayed w/him and held his head as they gave the injection cause I didn't want to leave him alone. Something I don't recommend and I hope you didn't do that, made it ten times worse. Dealing with unexpected shit like this sucks, but you've just got to live one day at a time and let yourself heal. Sorry again.
    "Rehab is for Quitters"

"It is not possible to have life after death since death is the end of life." -OV

"What doesn’t kill you, will only make you pissed off!"
    -Alexi Laiho

"If I know I'm going crazy...I must not be insane." -Dave Mustaine

"Simpson, QUICK! Honk at that broad." -Mayor Quimby

Last Online

07.05.17 @ 10:26 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Sorry to hear about that.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin' With the Devil
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 06:01 PM
    Liked 34 Times in 14 Posts

I'm sorry for your loss. The dog I had when I was a kid (MAX) died when I was 24 and it bothered me. I spent a lot of my formative years growing up and having my dog by my side. Max died when I finally reached a level where I considered myself an adult.

On a VH note--I still get choked up when I see the Can't Stop Lovin' You video and the girl puts flowers on her dog's headstone at the pet cemetary.

I'll tip one for Yoshi tonite (and Max). Sorry again for your loss, Thai.

Last Online

01.08.08 @ 05:20 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm really sorry for your loss. I never cease to be amazed at how our pets come to mean so much to us.
    Psalms 75:10: "All the horns of the wicked also will I cut off; BUT THE HORNS OF THE RIGHTEOUS SHALL BE EXALTED."

J.A.S. 8/10/1936 - 10/28/2006. I miss you, Mom.

My favorite number used to be 5150. Now, it's 41-38.
    Texas Longhorns: 2005 National Champions!!!

Political Correctness means always having to say you're sorry.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I do not alter it any further."

"[T]he only way you're gonna get fulfilled is to sit right there in that front row and just get your face bashed in." - Sammy Hagar

Last Online

03.25.16 @ 11:37 AM
    Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts

Default RIP Yoshi

Mad respect to your dog up in pet heaven. One day you two will be united again. My thoughts are with you.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 01:36 AM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

Sorry for your loss, I would be devistated if I had to put my dog down. When I come home she usually runs to the door to greet me, if she is a sleep it scares me to think she may be dead....my heart stops every single time this happens.

Once again sorry for your loss.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

10.19.17 @ 06:44 PM
    Liked 55 Times in 21 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

I am so sorry to hear about your dog. What you wrote broke my heart. I can only imagine what you are going through. Hang in there buddy!
    Artists I Have Seen: 1D, 38 Special, Aerosmith, Alabama, Bad Company, Bad English, Billy Squire, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Boston, BTO, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chickenfoot, Cinderella, Daughtry, Dave Matthews Band, Default, Def Leppard, Dio, Dokken, Drowning Pool, Eagles, Earth Wind & Fire, Eddie Money, Eric Clapton, Farenheit, Fleetwood Mac, Foreigner, Garth Brooks, George Strait, Glass Tiger, Heart, Huey Lewis and the News, Jackson Browne, Jimmy Buffett, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Joe Bonamassa, John Mellencamp, Journey, Keel, Kingdom Come, Kings X, KISS, Kool and the Gang, Krokus, Lionel Richie, Little River Band, Lou Gramm, Loverboy, Los Lonely Boys, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Metallica, Michael Bolton, Nickelback, Night Ranger, Paul Stanley, Peter Frampton, Pink Floyd, Poison, Red Rider, REO Speedwagon, Santana, Sammy Hagar, Shinedown, Steely Dan, Steve Miller Band, Styx, Ted Nugent, Tesla, The 1975, The Black Crowes, The Roots, The Wallflowers, U2, Van Halen, Whitesnake, Zac Brown Band, ZZ Top

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

1978-1996
    Favorite VH Song

1978-1996
    Last Online

12.23.16 @ 10:32 AM
    Liked 2,068 Times in 1,102 Posts

Donor

Sorry dude....it's not an easy thing to do....