Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Boston - 107.3 WAAF Listeners Thread

Who's on here that is a 'AAF listener?

There signal has recently gone to shit in Southern New England in a bid to get better ratings in Boston - plain stupid - give up a whole region for Boston? A market they haven't been able to conquer in 20 years?!?! Now that BCN is losing Stern, they think this is going to change? Bullshit...

Now they canned VH aficionado Paul Marshall on November 11th...

'AAF is sucking wind now with its dependency on Hillman Morning Showalong with playing Gorillaz Inc.?? That's not ROCK music?!?! WTF!

Thank God for CD-Changers... WAAF is one-step in the grave...

Paul, if you find this thread - please drop a line and let us know where you end up...
    Last edited by voivod; 11.18.05 at 10:56 AM.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

1984/5150/F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

DD Legs,Humans Being
    Last Online

07.23.09 @ 07:52 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I listen when there are commercials on Stern and WEEI in the morning, and about all I have to say is that Greg Hill is a pompus ASS...

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB
    I listen when there are commercials on Stern and WEEI in the morning, and about all I have to say is that Greg Hill is a pompus ASS...
    I just realized today now that Paul is gone, AAF has become the Hillman Station... His morning show, mid-days with Mike Hsu (former Hillman show guy) and then afternoons with Carrie (former Hillman intern)...
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

On the FM side, Paul "Neanderpol" Marshall is out as afternoon jock at WAAF (107.3 Westborough), but he didn't stay on the beach long enough to get sand between his toes. He's now over at WBCN (104.1 Boston), where he'll fill a yet-to-be-announced shift.
    http://www.wbcn.com/wbcn_com_djs_pau...ulmarshall.htm

Best of luck to you Paul!!
    Last edited by voivod; 11.18.05 at 07:05 PM.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

*A long-planned antenna move in MASSACHUSETTS is finally a reality. Entercom's WAAF (107.3 Westborough) has signed on its new transmitter and antenna at Stiles Hill in Boylston (on the tower of WUNI-TV 27). The new facility puts out 9.6 kW/1099', and it's expected to improve WAAF's signal towards Boston (it's about 10 miles closer than the original WAAF site on Mount Asnebumskit in Paxton), at the expense of some of the wide-area coverage the station's long enjoyed into eastern Connecticut and western Massachusetts.

Boston Ratings
    http://www.radioandrecords.com/RRRat...2/15/2005&CE=0
    Last edited by voivod; 11.18.05 at 07:10 PM.

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Beautiful Girls!
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 02:08 AM
    Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

I use to listen to AAF back in the day when Hillman was relavent, and OnA were on in the afternoons. However, AAF has sucked ever since Ozone left years ago. Hillman's lame attempt to do a morning show, the same 10 songs over and over, and just garbage they pump through in general. Neanderpaul was cool I will say, and good luck to him at WBCN. However with XM I get all the music I need and want along with Opie and Anthony.

Now to date myself, anyone remember liz wilde? What happened to the cream cheese bitch

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

there was a Wilde/Wylde here for a while. her specialty was yelling at 14 year olds who called in. she may have been on against Stern, can't remember. she didn't last very long, not even a year.
    Last edited by twonabomber; 11.18.05 at 09:56 PM.

Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

06.15.14 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I listen to AAF from time to time. I actually think the Hillman morning show is pretty funny sometimes. Kevin Barberi is a riot. Hillman's support of President Bush can be nauseating at times though. I was wondering what happened to Neanderpaul as well. I thought he did a good job in the afternoon slot and he always played some VH. Maybe he will post what happened at some point.
    You can twist perceptions
    Reality won't budge

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Panama Dog
    I listen to AAF from time to time. I actually think the Hillman morning show is pretty funny sometimes. Kevin Barberi is a riot. Hillman's support of President Bush can be nauseating at times though. I was wondering what happened to Neanderpaul as well. I thought he did a good job in the afternoon slot and he always played some VH. Maybe he will post what happened at some point.
    There's been many days I dialed away from AAF when that shit went on...
    Kevin saves that show from the shitter...
    Last edited by voivod; 11.19.05 at 12:43 PM.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonian
    I use to listen to AAF back in the day when Hillman was relavent, and OnA were on in the afternoons. However, AAF has sucked ever since Ozone left years ago. Hillman's lame attempt to do a morning show, the same 10 songs over and over, and just garbage they pump through in general. Neanderpaul was cool I will say, and good luck to him at WBCN. However with XM I get all the music I need and want along with Opie and Anthony.

Now to date myself, anyone remember liz wilde? What happened to the cream cheese bitch
    Liz Wilde and O&A was when AAF was on the edge...
    http://www.lizwilde.com

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars
    Last Online

01.11.08 @ 09:17 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Forgot my F'n Password!!!!

Well...

What can I say? Management has spoken. And apparently the audience is not pleased.

Just to fill anyone in who cares...On Thursday November 10th, I was called in to the Program Director's office, and informed that the station "needed to make a change". It took them about 3 minutes to fire me. I'd been with the corporate owners for almost 5 years, and back in Boston for a year and a half. And by all accounts, was doing well for the station ratings-wise. Were ratings down overall? Yes. Can you blame the afternoon guy? I'll take my share of the responsibility. I'll also take solace in the fact that my ratings were off less than other personalities, and that from 3-7PM, more people listened than at any other point in the day. That means I had a bigger audience than the morning show.

I'm not going to look back and trash the experience. Had they not taken my job from me, I'd still be there. No question.

But...as they always say...when one door closes, another opens.

Upon my exit from my former employers, I took a chance and made a call to WBCN. Boston radio listeners are already aware, and some of you know as well, WBCN is the future home of David Lee Roth in the morning. Starting in January.

WBCN hired me two hours after I was fired by the other guys. I have become the first radio personality in all the years of the radio "war" between the stations to walk directly from the other guys right in to the legendary "Rock Of Boston." It may not mean anything to anyone other than me because I'm the radio douche, but it's a pretty significant achievement, and I'm flattered, and appreciative of WBCN managment for opening the doors and welcoming me in to their world.

I don't have any full time shift yet. Truth be told, there are no promises that I'll get one. They probably didn't expect me to get fired, and I'd hate to see any of their people have to go through what my wife and I are going through this holiday season. So, for now, I work for WBCN.

I'm continuing to look for the next gig. I hope it's here, but if not...Those of you who have been around since Cornell know I've been around a long time, and will show up somewhere in American on the dial.

But...for now DLR is my fuckin' morning guy!! Whoo Hooo!!!

Thanks for all the kind e-mails. I appreciate it.
    Paul Marshall
    Afternoons/Music Director/Super Genius
    KQRC-FM 98.9 The Rock!
    Kansas City, MO
    www.neanderpaul.com
    "Those Who Know How, Will Always Work For Those Who Know Why"
    Member Since The Cornell Days So Fuck Off!

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Paul,

What's the chance of BCN stepping up some day and sending some of their signal our way (CT, RI, Western MA)??? You know those people WAAF cares to lose after 30plus years...

and good luck to you and yours!

sysop.mindsetlive / voivod

Massachusetts by way of the Great State of New Jersey
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Changes with the day
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 02:27 PM
    Liked 546 Times in 327 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Frankly, AAF for the last 10 years has been a bit too hard for me. I'm a straight ahead hard rock type of music guy (Van Halen), so I listen more to 101.1 out of Manchester, 100.3 our of Durham, NH or 94.1 out of Providence.

I have noticed over the last couple (?) of years that BCN is moving back into straight ahead rock and out of the alternative/new rock bullshit they had been mired in for so long. I've actually found myself listening to BCN on occasion as I flip through the stations.

Good luck Paul, nice to know you're around and a VH fan.

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Beautiful Girls!
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 02:08 AM
    Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by NEANDERPOL
    Well...

What can I say? Management has spoken. And apparently the audience is not pleased.

Just to fill anyone in who cares...On Thursday November 10th, I was called in to the Program Director's office, and informed that the station "needed to make a change". It took them about 3 minutes to fire me. I'd been with the corporate owners for almost 5 years, and back in Boston for a year and a half. And by all accounts, was doing well for the station ratings-wise. Were ratings down overall? Yes. Can you blame the afternoon guy? I'll take my share of the responsibility. I'll also take solace in the fact that my ratings were off less than other personalities, and that from 3-7PM, more people listened than at any other point in the day. That means I had a bigger audience than the morning show.

I'm not going to look back and trash the experience. Had they not taken my job from me, I'd still be there. No question.

But...as they always say...when one door closes, another opens.

Upon my exit from my former employers, I took a chance and made a call to WBCN. Boston radio listeners are already aware, and some of you know as well, WBCN is the future home of David Lee Roth in the morning. Starting in January.

WBCN hired me two hours after I was fired by the other guys. I have become the first radio personality in all the years of the radio "war" between the stations to walk directly from the other guys right in to the legendary "Rock Of Boston." It may not mean anything to anyone other than me because I'm the radio douche, but it's a pretty significant achievement, and I'm flattered, and appreciative of WBCN managment for opening the doors and welcoming me in to their world.

I don't have any full time shift yet. Truth be told, there are no promises that I'll get one. They probably didn't expect me to get fired, and I'd hate to see any of their people have to go through what my wife and I are going through this holiday season. So, for now, I work for WBCN.

I'm continuing to look for the next gig. I hope it's here, but if not...Those of you who have been around since Cornell know I've been around a long time, and will show up somewhere in American on the dial.

But...for now DLR is my fuckin' morning guy!! Whoo Hooo!!!

Thanks for all the kind e-mails. I appreciate it.
    Hey Paul,

Good luck at WBCN, it is by far the better of the two stations, however I do not think DLR will do well with the morning drive unless you know something from Management that we don't. Also infinity's choice to change K-Rock to all talk is stupid as all can be, since it is a successful station. Look at what they did to WNEW.

Hey you should call Eric Logan at XM and get a job fixing the hard rock station on XM (the boneyard) since it blows! Also what time are you on at WBCN? You should give a shout out to everyone here on the links!

Favorite VH Album

OU812 (see my bio for other)
    Favorite VH Song

In A Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

10.02.17 @ 07:47 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by voivod
    Paul,

What's the chance of BCN stepping up some day and sending some of their signal our way (CT, RI, Western MA)??? You know those people WAAF cares to lose after 30plus years...

and good luck to you and yours!

sysop.mindsetlive / voivod
    What? All the classic rock on WAQY Rock 102 has you bored stiff? Are they still classic rock? I grew up in greater Springfield area.