Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register

View Poll Results: Should Sammy be involved in ANYTHING CVH post VH?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yeah...he has every right!

21 60.00%
  • Are you serious???

14 40.00%
Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast
    Sinner's Swing! the_atomic_punks_rule's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Today- Bottom's Up!
    Last Online

12.20.16 @ 03:09 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Default Post VH-Should Sammy have any CVH involvement?

Lets get an idea of where the Links community stands...I know this is Pro-Sammy country but I am curious none the less!

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

If Sammy wants to do a cover from one of my favorite bands, why would I complain?

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

02.10.10 @ 10:42 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Oh no. punk, you shouldn't done this. This isn't a pro anything site. I agree with you on this one. Mike is going to do the singing next year on the tour for the CVH and I still don't think they should go there, but the rest of the fans want it. So WTF. Don't go to the show dude. I'm not.
    "Suppose you were an idiot ... And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
    --Mark Twain

There's no one as smart as a gambler at the track putting thier last $10.00 on the longest shot of the day.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 12:23 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,130 Posts

Premium Member

I voted for the "are you serious?", but I think that as long as Mikey is there, it's fine. As far as I'm concerned, as long as there is one CVH member present, there is validity no matter who sings it. I don't know for a fact that Sam sings CVH without Mikey, but if he does, not only does it not have validity, but it really doesn't have any point. I have yet to hear Sammy do a CVH song that really impresses me. Then again, the US festival video I have with Dave does the same thing.

Bottom line: Sammy, we only want to hear CVH with Mikey vocals and/or Eddie's guitar. He can play ALL of the Van Hagar items he likes, because he obviously pulls those off well...as well he should.

Then again, any VH is better than none, right?

I just contradicted myself
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Last Online

12.16.17 @ 06:39 PM
    Liked 1,619 Times in 996 Posts

Donor

It's a moot point and a stupid poll. Sammy isn't doing the CVH, Mike is. Apparently it's cool if Mike wants to sing the classics in any setting unless Sammy is in close proximity, in which case it's apparently not cool. APR's just unwilling to make the distinction, probably only for pot-stirring's sake, despite the fact he jumped for joy and cheered like a little teenaged girl 13 times last year when Sammy sang Unchained.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Today- Bottom's Up!
    Last Online

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen
    It's a moot point and a stupid poll.

Hey about a poll seeing if your a douchebag? Thats moot as well...

Sammy isn't doing the CVH, Mike is.
    Then why is tha band the other half? [/QUOTE]

If Sammy is not involved in the songs, the it would have to be called "The "Other Half, featuring "The Other Quarter." Someone didn't do well in math class. (this not to mention that any of the other players were not in VH, but hey whos counting)

Apparently it's cool if Mike wants to sing the classics in any setting unless Sammy is in close proximity, in which case it's apparently not cool.
    Thats right...just by throwing, what now appears to be 3 bands on a concert bil,l that have essentailly all the same members, does not excuse this blasphemy.

APR's just unwilling to make the distinction, probably only for pot-stirring's sake
    Now who is making all the assumptions, you're all knowing eh?

despite the fact he jumped for joy and cheered like a little teenaged girl 13 times last year when Sammy sang Unchained.
    Don't hate me because I was watching Ed shred Unchained, while you were trying to figure out how to get the electric turned back on in your trailer.

And this site is slightly Pro-Hagar, but I don't see that as a bad thing. Its obvious that the Dave or the Graver sites have their slant.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

All of them
    Last Online

08.29.11 @ 12:46 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MikeL
    If Sammy wants to do a cover from one of my favorite bands, why would I complain?
    I M WITH YOU, I WILL diffidently be going to these shows!
    Last edited by AJHV; 11.15.05 at 04:06 PM.
    Live by the VH attitude, die by the VH attitude.
    \mm/\mm/

"What do you wanna do with your life?

I WANNA ROCK!"

Alex Van Halen "THE BEATLES will never get back together and David Lee Roth will never again sing with VAN HALEN."
    the way it should have been link below:
    http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4...5dd0881lk8.jpg

Last Online

Donor

LOL, oh my, have you seen junior's grades?

It's probably called 'The Other Half' because in addition to Mikey singing classic Roth songs, Sammy also sings classic Van Hagar songs. Man, this is really stretchin' for ya, ain't it. Best not check out any quantum theory in the near future...your head might explode.

Kiddies whose first exposure to live Van Halen was the III tour? Their opinions on what constitutes blasphemy are suspect. Sorry punkin.

Also, all of you replying should note...last year, our little dickens APR here was on FIRE for Sammy! So don't let his hate mail faze ya too much...he's just another fair weather Van Halen fan who, as you've seen in various threads, needs to haze the band when they're not active as a unit.

I guess it's a better way to pass the time than sticking his johnson in the nearest wall outlet. But only just.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Today- Bottom's Up!
    Last Online

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MikeL
    Interesting post...Are you saying Van Halen was never Van Halen with SH in it? Since you said "cover from one of my favorite bands"??? Interesting...or do you mean like I don't care, play away?

I am curious what songs MA is even gonna attempt anyway. It could be a trainwreck. I guess we will see.

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

littleguitars
    Last Online

12.23.05 @ 12:07 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

I guess it's a better way to pass the time than sticking his johnson in the nearest wall outlet.
    Ok, that is T-Shirt worthy, let alone sig worthy
    Last edited by LittleGuitars99; 11.15.05 at 04:18 PM.
    "So what's your story? Any tread left on the tires? Or is it like throwing a hotdog down a hallway?" Stewie Griffin

Detroit Red Wings

GP 34 Record: 22-9-3

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Today- Bottom's Up!
    Last Online

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

LOL, oh my, have you seen junior's grades?
    Maybe we'll see that in the break of the newest song with subliminal mapquest directions to Cabo.

It's probably called 'The Other Half' because in addition to Mikey singing classic Roth songs, Sammy also sings classic Van Hagar songs. Man, this is really stretchin' for ya, ain't it. Best not check out any quantum theory in the near future...your head might explode.
    Dude if Sammy has no participation in this set, then cool, let MA sing away. Again I am not so sure what he will play or how good it will sound. Running with theDevil in Philly was mindblowingly bad.

Kiddies whose first exposure to live Van Halen was the III tour? Their opinions on what constitutes blasphemy are suspect. Sorry punkin.
    Again for someone that accuses people of being a know it all, you sure do know it all.

Also, all of you replying should note...last year, our little dickens APR here was on FIRE for Sammy!
    Maybe You should read 1. in the post that says I don't hate Sammy. DUH! Fucking read!(do i really need to link it?) Again envy is a sin.

So don't let his hate mail faze ya too much...he's just another fair weather Van Halen fan who, as you've seen in various threads, needs to haze the band when they're not active as a unit.
    Can no one criticize this band, let alone the King of Tequila? Step back from the shrine dude...

I guess it's a better way to pass the time than sticking his johnson in the nearest wall outlet. But only just.
    Only someone that gets no ass would have that it their head or their trailer trash wife is so fugly that one must resort to such things.

i know the truth hurts.
    Last edited by the_atomic_punks_rule; 11.15.05 at 04:25 PM.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Today- Bottom's Up!
    Last Online

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LittleGuitars99
    Ok, that is T-Shirt worthy, let alone sig worthy

You probably listen to the Tragically Hip too!

Last Online

Donor

Aw, heck. This is no fun. What's the use in heckling the kid who doesn't get it? Where the heck is Catfish? Or Seshbunny? Or Denny? At least they put up some moxy.

You go right ahead and keep playing in your sandbox, junior. I'll leave you to it.

And for the record, I never said you were a know-it-all. I hinted that you may be a know-nothing.
    Last edited by Van Squalen; 11.15.05 at 04:31 PM.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Today- Bottom's Up!
    Last Online

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Aw, heck. This is no fun. What's the use in heckling the kid who doesn't get it? Where the heck is Catfish? Or Seshbunny? Or Denny? At least they put up some moxy.

You go right ahead and keep playing in your sandbox, junior. I'll leave you to it.

And for the record, I never said you were a know-it-all. I hinted that you may be a know-nothing.
    No comment on the old lady huh? Hit too close to home? HAHHAHA
    Watch out grandpa the Reaper is lurking around.

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by the_atomic_punks_rule
    Interesting post...Are you saying Van Halen was never Van Halen with SH in it? Since you said "cover from one of my favorite bands"??? Interesting...or do you mean like I don't care, play away?
    What I mean is this: Sammy didn't write those songs and Sammy didn't record those songs. He's interpreting them, no differently than he'd do with any other cover. He's been doing that for almost 20 years. You've gotten used to it.

If anybody wants to get huffy because some guy is playing old VH, that's their problem. There are far, far better things to be concerned with. It's a pretty pointless thread.

If you want it to have any value, you've got to turn the first six albums (including their covers...) into some sort of holy object that nobody can play. Not Sammy, not some jackass on karaoke night, not tribute bands, not cover bands, and most of all not the original four members of Van Halen--they'd butcher them as badly as any of the others at this point.