Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Last Online

05.18.07 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Default How did I become a Democrat?

Okay, don't want to start a war, I've voted Republican most of my life. I voted for GW the first time...and for his dad. I believe in capolitism, the american way of life, Van Halen, Rock and Roll and getting your ass out of bed every morn' and being a productive member of society!! I think if you are having a tough day you should say rock on and do your job! I think people who are having a REALLY bad time in life deserve a second chance..or maybe a third, but...not a lifetime on welfare, c'mon, we all deserve a helping hand every now and then!! I think there are a lot of folks out there less fortunate than most of us. I believe that people are products of their environment. I believe that I used to think these were all thoughts of the Republican party, but...lately, well I really wonder. The GOP stands so much for the Bible and all it's sayings...but sometime I really think I got the version that was different than others!! It seems the GOP got the version that was long on judgement and short on COMPASSION!! Didn't Jesus say in John 15....this is my command...love one another?? I guess it just blows my mind that the party that I used to feel so close to, seems so far away. I just wonder how I feel so close now to a Democratic party that seems so certain on helping those who are down and in need of help...while the GOP seems intent on bombing countries, letting our soliders fight a war that dosen't seem to concern us, and letting oil/gas prices exceed what they have ever been. I recently talked to a buddy of mine and he is hard core GOP...he told me I was a liberal now. What the hell does that word mean. Well.. I looked it up..Liberal...Tolerant of Change...Liberal...favoring reform or progress...Liberal....Gererous and having sympathy!!! How is being Liberal a bad thing?? Look, not trying to piss folks off, but .....I always thought of mysel as leaning 'tward GOP....Isn't it all a crock?? Really, sell me on it....I'm listening. BTW, sorry if this is the wrong forum or wrong site to post this.

Favorite VH Album

The 1 that had that 1 song
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:42 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

That is basically the same path I was on. The only exception being that I didn't vote for G.W. either time. It's weird how things change so much that they no longer seem close to what you thought was the the reason you chose it in the first place.

While I'm not a liberal, although I sometime lean that way depending on the postion, I am a moderate Democrat, which almost seems like a misnomer. I served on my county's Democratic platform committee, but fought long and hard about keeping the second amendment in tact. I also fought to keep the death penalty as well. See what I mean by being a moderate Dem?? There are certain things that I will agree on with Republicans. There are things that I disagree with Democrats, the above two examples being prime topics. But all people see is Democrat and immediately ASS-U-ME, I'm a liberal. That is farthest from the truth. A liberal to me is a "radical" left winger, just like a Neo-Con is a "radical" right winger.

Don't lose heart my friend, being a Democrat isn't always a bad thing. If you still agree with some of the Republicans stances, like I do, you sound more like a moderate that a hardcore liberal.
    "Jesus, that fucker just crawled out of his hen house that was destroyed by the Alabama tornados. Fucking 280mph plus winds sucked the gleam off this bitch and passed it on to a bird in Rhoad Island." - Hurricane Halen 5/3/11 (about my birthday chicken from seenbad)

"Pete is this big, loud muthafucker with a big ass heart, y'all!!!!---------" - Hurricane Halen 9/27/13

"Princess Freckle-Tits hasn't had a good day." LLFHS 7/8/10 (on Lindsay Lohans' legal drama)

http://www.facebook.com/RedRockinMonkeyBoy

CHILDREN OF "THE FOOT" UNITE

Last Online

01.26.10 @ 12:30 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I believe that the two parties the D's and the R's are totally and completely bringing this country down. It puts you in a box and alot of us are not fitting in this box or that box. There is way more to it than left or right. I come from a conservative home meaning that we live concervative and think conservative but the republican party in my opinion very hipocritical and judgmental if you not on their wing. And the left these days, you wonder what some of these people are smoking? ( I am talking about the Pat Robertsons and the Louis Farakans of America). Their is know middle ground at all in politics. We definitly need a stronger third party.

Hot For Teacher Eddie's Little Monster's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it Later
    Last Online

05.25.07 @ 05:14 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

It's about time! I was beggining to think I was alone around here!

I was the same way as you againstthewind. Was a registered republican since the day I was old enough to vote. But, before the last election, I was almost ill at the thought of what the Repbulican party had become. I support the death penalty, I support a persons right to own a gun or two (20 is a little too much for me) but, How could I support a party who:

1) Has basically shit on the 1st admendment,
    2) Has Basically shit on any sort of Scientific progress
    3) Has basically shit on the environment
    4) Has shit all over women's rights (or at least is attempting to)
    5) Has shit on anyone who's not a millionaire
    6) Has let big oil run rampit
    7) Has let right wing Extreme christianity run amok
    8) Has not lifted one finger to help our schools
    Not to even the mention the War. Thats a whole different conversation in its self.

Every time I see W on TV, I think "I really have 3 more years of this idiot?"
    Being a Democrat is not a bad thing, and dont let anyone tell you it is. It goes in cycles and If tuesdays elections were any sign, a lot of people agree with us. They're Just afraid to say it because it did become a bad word some where along the line.
    now more than ever, the world needs Eddie Van Halen
    -Alchemy

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Last Online

08.07.17 @ 08:14 PM
    Liked 313 Times in 149 Posts

Donor

Democrats and Republicans...

They're all crooks in my book...

One will rob you out of your right pocket. The other will rob you out of the left...

We need Mr. Smith to go to Washington...
    Jet City Super Stealth
    Marshall 50th Anniversary JCM-1H and Class 5 Combo
    Austin Speaker Works KTS-60

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I've been a Democrat since I turned 18 (1982). I thought of myself as a Democrat as far back as 1976, mostly due to Watergate and my dissapointment with Nixon, who'd been a hero up until then.

I've voted for a Democrat for President once. I voted for Reagan in 1984, Bush in 1988, I wrote in Bruce Babbit (AZ) in 1992, Myself in 1996 (write in) and Bush 2 twice.

It's not about the party, it's about the man who'll be President. The Republicans put up better men. Outside of John McCain, George W Bush is the best guy in Washington D.C. right now. That's how bad things are in Washington. I've watched my party loose power twice, once in 1980 and again in 2000. The 2000 loss and the loss of the two houses of Congress in 2002 and 2004 have been the most painful because Democrats handed the Republicans the victory. Why? Because they've turned their back on the success of the Clinton era, his strategies, philosophies and policies and have reverted to their early 1970s asshattery.
    The Democratic Party offer's no leadership, no maturity and no answers. This is underlined by the fact that Howard Dean is the party chairman. Dean is a stupid asshole, this is why his campain melted as quickly as it did. Nobody likes him because he's a bully. Minority Speaker Nancy Pelosi isn't much better, being from San Francisco means that she has no clue about what happens in the rest of the United States and worse, she thinks she's smarter than people who are not from San Francisco. The party has pulled out and dusted off all of it's Vietnam era rhetoric (which only helped propell Nixon into office - TWICE) and has wandered off of the deep end.

So I'm still a Democrat, but I'm not fooling myself either.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Favorite VH Album

Dave - WACF, Sam - FUCK
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight, Dream is Over
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 09:23 AM
    Liked 4 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie's Little Monster
    See, I'm more of the glass-half-full kind of guy. For me, it's more like, "One down, three to go!"

But when you put it like that, three years is a long time... ugh...
    If it's BROWN, flush it DOWN.

GO STEELERS!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie's Little Monster
    It's about time! I was beggining to think I was alone around here!

I was the same way as you againstthewind. Was a registered republican since the day I was old enough to vote. But, before the last election, I was almost ill at the thought of what the Repbulican party had become. I support the death penalty, I support a persons right to own a gun or two (20 is a little too much for me) but, How could I support a party who:

1) Has basically shit on the 1st admendment,
    Not to even the mention the War. Thats a whole different conversation in its self.

Being a Democrat is not a bad thing, and dont let anyone tell you it is. It goes in cycles and If tuesdays elections were any sign, a lot of people agree with us. They're Just afraid to say it because it did become a bad word some where along the line.

Maybe you could back this up with some facts...
    Can't stop...addicted to the shindig...

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

11.25.14 @ 09:53 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by VivaVH
    See, I'm more of the glass-half-full kind of guy. For me, it's more like, "One down, three to go!"

But when you put it like that, three years is a long time... ugh...
    Its scary to see how much more fucked up things will be w/him at the helm.
    LSU Tigers 2003 & 2007 National Champs
    Detroit Pistons 2004 NBA Champs

If looks could kill, I'd stare at everybody!

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by SactoFan
    Politics is about perceptions and feelings. You know that.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by MikeL
    Politics is about perceptions and feelings. You know that.

I agree, but for perception to actually be perceptive, they should stand on SOME factual basis...Otherwise it's just, as you said, feelings...
    Can't stop...addicted to the shindig...

Last Online

06.10.07 @ 04:25 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

1) Has basically shit on the 1st admendment
    Yes, he has. One example is by allowing Kids Start programs to discriminate against employees based on religion. This is a federally funded program. Of course, the religious right is loving this.

Yes, he has. One example is trying to stop stem cell research that could help millions of people who are paralyzed among other things. Limiting it to the few stem cell lines that were already being cultivated was bullshit; there weren't as many as he said there were, and some were the same and in poor condition.[/QUOTE]

Yes, he has. One example of that is the constant neglect over global warming. He also rolled back campaign promises on clean air, reversed the Clinton administration's initiatives on drinking water, and promoted new oil exploration in previously protected regions.

Yes, he has. His stance on abortion is the obvious example here.

Yes, he has. He cuts taxes for the rich. You can try to say it helps everyone all you want, but the fact remains: it's all about the wealthy to Bush. Eliminating the inheritance tax, which only affects the wealthiest 2%, and repealing the Clinton-era ergonomics standards, which kept millions of corporate (Bush Buddies) businesses from having to spend millions to redesign their facilities and equipment are more examples.

Yes, he has. Halliburton, anyone?

Yes, he has. See above; # 1

Yep, right again. His big no child left behind bullshit is a joke.

I am constantly surprised that Bush supporters still stand behind this obvious dumbass.

Hot For Teacher Eddie's Little Monster's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it Later
    Last Online

05.25.07 @ 05:14 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by SactoFan

Dude you know the facts, I could spend all day realing off facts of what I said. The fact you need me to, just says you're not paying that close of attention.

Besides, BradS just did it for me. Thanks Brad!
    Last edited by Eddie's Little Monster; 11.13.05 at 09:34 AM.
    now more than ever, the world needs Eddie Van Halen
    -Alchemy

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Last Online

08.07.17 @ 08:14 PM
    Liked 313 Times in 149 Posts

Donor

I'm not a big "W" fan, but think of the alternative...

Al Gore would've been like France and surrendered after 9/11. We'd be under Bin Laden rule...

If John Kerry would've been elected, there would be no aid for hurricane victims yet because a decision wouldn't have been made yet.

Just pokin' fun, but I see why lifelong democrats are pulling their hair out...
    Jet City Super Stealth
    Marshall 50th Anniversary JCM-1H and Class 5 Combo
    Austin Speaker Works KTS-60

Sinner's Swing! the_atomic_punks_rule's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Today- Bottom's Up!
    Last Online

12.20.16 @ 03:09 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Uh oh I hear grimblings for third party support again.

A great excerpt from Treehouse of Horror VII:

(From the sky comes a scream, as Homer is crashing right into the
    Capitol. A few footsteps later, he comes running down the stairs.)

Homer: America, take a good look at your beloved candidates. They're
    nothing but hideous space reptiles. [unmasks them]
    [audience gasps in terror]
    Kodos: It's true, we are aliens. But what are you going to do about
    it? It's a two-party system; you have to vote for one of us.
    [murmurs]
    Man1: He's right, this is a two-party system.
    Man2: Well, I believe I'll vote for a third-party candidate.
    Kang: Go ahead, throw your vote away.
    [Kang and Kodos laugh out loud]
    [Ross Perot smashes his "Perot 96" hat]

Too fucking funny........