Favorite VH Album

All of them.
    Favorite VH Song

As Is.
    Last Online

10.03.17 @ 11:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default I love music!

So I stepped into my girlfriends car tonight and when she turned on the radio Europe's "carrie" was on. That song brings back so many memories from high school. It was actually in high school that I started listening to music. Before that I didn't really bother listening to anything.
    So anyway, it was a long time ago since I heard that song, but when I heard it tonight I started thinking back on my life and all the shit that happened in high school. Back then everything was a mess (or at least I thought so) and I used to listen to that song at night over and over again simply cause I thought it was a great song. But even if everything seemed to be a mess I've started to realize that those really were the days. I'm not saying that I'm unhappy with my life today, but I'm kind of a nostalgia kinda guy. I mean, I like to think about the past. And not a day goes by that I don't think about what I've done in my life. I'm sure there are a lot more of people like me out there...?
    What I'm trying to say here is that it's true, music is a very powerful media. Just think about how one song can take you back in time. It can make you happy, it can make you sad. Either way, it's always going to be there with you.
    I love music and all my memories. I hope they'll never fade away.

Sorry for this thread, but I had to get it out of my system..
    -nobody rules these streets at night but me-

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

All of them
    Last Online

08.29.11 @ 12:46 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I m with you. music is my life! I love music.

That’s why I am a Musician.

Iv always told everyone, if I every get in a Coma. Please play VH Balance for me!

That’s how much I love this album. Balance give’s me the greatest memories of my life!

And I think that album it self would bring me back to life!
    Under darken skies
    We'll see the light
    Yeah!
    Last edited by AJHV; 11.11.05 at 02:42 PM.
    Live by the VH attitude, die by the VH attitude.
    \mm/\mm/

"What do you wanna do with your life?

I WANNA ROCK!"

Alex Van Halen "THE BEATLES will never get back together and David Lee Roth will never again sing with VAN HALEN."
    the way it should have been link below:
    http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4...5dd0881lk8.jpg

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

04.01.11 @ 07:59 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Given that we're all members of a site such as this, I think we are all moved by music. To me, it's like the very breath in my lungs... I cannot be without it. So when each day passes and forms the tapestry of our lives, the music we listened to becomes a strong thread; one which we can almost trace with our finger. Memories are forever linked to the music we love. Yep, you're not alone. Cool thread
    Stupid is forever, ignorance can be fixed.
    False words are not only evil in themselves, but they infect the soul with evil.
    Compassion is the basis of all morality.
    The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.
    www.myspace.com/getracefan8

Last Online

07.05.17 @ 10:26 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Lol nothing to be sorry about here. Music r00lz period, and I wouldn't be anywhere without it. If I don't listen to my big-ass playlist 24/7 that means I might be raping my guitar with my lame fingers but it's a music nontheless

I tend to give up listening to some bands as my taste constanly changes, like I hardly pop-in any hair metal/glam records anymore. There is stuff which is always in rotation for me (like anything Zakk-related), but I constantly hunt some 3-5 more new albums per week and they eventually replace some I get bored with.

If the band is that good I end up listening to their music while working on some artwork and drawing. So by when it's finnished I have the records overlistened for so many times that listening to their tunes later on instantly brings me vivid memories of the related art.

^ to sum up, music just owns

Baluchitherium Leo Van Newhouse's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

08.14.13 @ 03:25 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yay for music!!!
    THE PEOPLE HERE TONIGHT : Representing DAVID LEE ROTH in all his glory!!!!!!!!!

JH: "How was your New Years Eve show at the House Of Blues?"
    DLR: "James...I AM New Years Eve!"

"To keep up with me, you must be fast. To sing like me, you must be great. To beat me? You must be kidding?" David Lee Roth

"I'm gonna want to rock out w/ my cock out instead of playing anal taper dork." Colonel Sanders

ANOTHER HOSTILE TAKEOVER COMING YOUR WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 07:40 PM
    Liked 1,348 Times in 925 Posts

Music has always been a very important part of my life, and some songs can almost take me back to a certain mindset and certain otherwise forgotten events - just little tiny moments like listening to the Red Sox on the radio, driving to my mom's (ex)boyfriend's camp, playing dice baseball or other games with my childhood friends, pining over some girl I'd never get the nerve to talk to, dreaming of the things I'd do when I was older, just looking out my bedroom window down North Avenue in the early morning before getting moving for school, riding home from Fenway Park, making "movies" on my tape recorder, Christmas at my dad's house, thinking about someone I'd never met who died, driving myself around the country, my first experiences living alone, the atmosphere of my college dorm, doing an internship at WRKS in New York City, working at the amusement park, driving down to Hampton Beach at night trying to figure out what to do with myself, the heartache of breaking up - and on and on and on and on.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

1978-1996
    Favorite VH Song

1978-1996
    Last Online

12.23.16 @ 10:32 AM
    Liked 2,068 Times in 1,102 Posts

Donor

Damn Billy, your post was great. I think we can all translate your post into our own similar (or not) personal experiences.

There's even just little moments in songs that can trigger a memory of an experience, or a person or even a certain smell ("Last Child" from Aerosmith makes me think of the scent of weed.......if you've ever been to a 'Smith concert, you'd know why.... )

There's a tiny little (wooo) about 2 minutes into "When the Levee Breaks" that holds a special place in my memory. Me and this girl that I was absolutely CRAZY about (but afraid to tell her) were listening to Zeppelin 4 on the way home from Alpine Valley, Wi after a VH show in the summer of 1995 and she pointed out that little "woo" that I had never really noticed before (even though I heard the song 8 billion times before)

Anyway, now I hear that woo EVERY time I hear the song....and that girl I was nuts over is my wife

Last Online

12.13.17 @ 11:19 PM
    Liked 1,607 Times in 989 Posts

Donor

When the Levee Breaks is truly one of the great tracks of the 20th century.

Yeah...music's sorta neat.

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, DOA
    Last Online

06.14.17 @ 06:46 PM
    Liked 23 Times in 9 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen
    Yeah...music's sorta neat.
    Eh, I could take it or leave it.

Last Online

05.18.07 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Greenpaw
    Damn Billy, your post was great. I think we can all translate your post into our own similar (or not) personal experiences.

There's even just little moments in songs that can trigger a memory of an experience, or a person or even a certain smell ("Last Child" from Aerosmith makes me think of the scent of weed.......if you've ever been to a 'Smith concert, you'd know why.... )

There's a tiny little (wooo) about 2 minutes into "When the Levee Breaks" that holds a special place in my memory. Me and this girl that I was absolutely CRAZY about (but afraid to tell her) were listening to Zeppelin 4 on the way home from Alpine Valley, Wi after a VH show in the summer of 1995 and she pointed out that little "woo" that I had never really noticed before (even though I heard the song 8 billion times before)

Anyway, now I hear that woo EVERY time I hear the song....and that girl I was nuts over is my wife
    Cool post. Glad you got your gal!!

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

"Music is the best." --Frank Zappa
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman

Hang 'Em High
    Favorite VH Album

You name it
    Favorite VH Song

See above
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:06 AM
    Liked 226 Times in 162 Posts

In the inconsistency of life, music is the one thing we can always rely on to be there. We listen to it when we're down, up, or just driving down the road. Without, our character's would be virtually non-existent. I think music helps define who we are.