Humans Being
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:57 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

Default The Terminator Franchise Rises Again

The Terminator Franchise Rises Again
    Source: Variety November 10, 2005

Andy Vajna and Mario Kassar's C2 Pictures, which produced Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines, has pacted with Warner Bros. TV and writer Josh Friedman (War of the Worlds) for Fox's tentatively titled The Sarah Connor Chronicles. The Fox series will focus on robo-warrior Sarah Connor and her savior son John Connor.

Variety reports that Friedman will write the pilot and serve as executive producer-showrunner of the series, which will take place in the fictional time frame between the second and third "Terminator" features. Vajna and Kassar will serve as executive producers, with C2 senior vice president of development James Middleton also producing.

In addition, Vajna confirmed that C2 is in "the final phases of development" of a fourth "Terminator" film and that the series will have a link to what's being envisioned as a new feature trilogy.

"There will be a connection," Middleton said. Linda Hamilton is not expected to be involved in The Sarah Connor Chronicles. And because the series will be focused on the Connor family, it's not anticipated that Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger would be a regular part of the series either.

Middleton said the series will explore what happened to Sarah Connor after the end of "T2," when the character went on the run. "She has the weight of the world on her shoulder and she also has to raise a 14-year-old son who may be the salvation of the world," he said.

Friedman said his "challenge is trying to figure out how to reinterpret (Connor) for television."

Because the "Terminator" franchise involves time travel and alternate futures, Friedman believe he'll be able to take a few plot liberties in the series -- emphasis on "few."

"The last thing I want to do is take a title and exploit it," Friedman said. "The show needs to stand on its own while still being respectful of the franchise."
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT, II, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

AS IS
    Last Online

05.26.15 @ 05:03 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sounds like they are going the way of Robocop. Creating another movie just so they can tie in the movies with a tv series.
    -----HuBBs5150-----

"Meet us in the future not the pasture!" - DLR, Aug 13th 2007

What is GamingVision?

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:50 AM
    Liked 1,482 Times in 904 Posts

Always interesting when they try to dig deeper into characters.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Last Online

07.05.17 @ 10:26 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Oh Em Gee

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

07.10.08 @ 07:22 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It's not The Termnator unless it's Arnold Schwarzenegger.
    "I am the party" ~David Lee Roth

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood P.
    Uhura: Mr. Spock, what happened?
    Spock: The occipital area of my head seems to have impacted with the arm of the chair.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

08.27.17 @ 09:39 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EVH Army
    It's not The Termnator unless it's Arnold Schwarzenegger.
    I agree! No Arnie, not the Terminator.
    Just go for it!

Last Online

07.05.17 @ 10:26 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I'd even say, no Linda Hamilton, not the Terminator. Gee, I consider T1/T2 the best movies ever filmed (especially the second one), could they leave the legend where it belongs?

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

08.27.17 @ 09:39 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mishar McLeud
    I'd even say, no Linda Hamilton, not the Terminator.
    I agree. Anyone else playing those roles is wrong.
    Just go for it!

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:35 PM
    Liked 1,350 Times in 926 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mishar McLeud
    I'd even say, no Linda Hamilton, not the Terminator. Gee, I consider T1/T2 the best movies ever filmed (especially the second one), could they leave the legend where it belongs?
    No, because there's money to be made and until they run the franchise into the ground people will attempt to make it.

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

I wish they would make a Robocop vs. Terminator movie instead. I loved the comics.
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

'Terminator 3' actor Nick Stahl missing in LA

LOS ANGELES — Los Angeles police say "Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines" actor Nick Stahl has been reported missing by his wife.

Police Officer Cleon Joseph confirmed on Thursday that the missing persons report was filed this week and the 32-year-old actor hasn't been found. The Los Angeles Times reports Stahl's wife last saw the actor on May 9.

Foul play isn't suspected.

People magazine reports the couple has been embroiled in a child custody fight.

Stahl was a child star who first got attention of his performance in the 1993 film "The Man Without a Face."

As an adult, he appeared in the 2003-2005 HBO series "Carnivale'" and in 2003's "Terminator 3" as John Connor. He also starred in "Mirrors 2" in 2010.

http://www.latimes.com/videogallery/...-Wolfe-reports
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 04:49 PM
    Liked 11,777 Times in 6,523 Posts

Premium Member

Default ‘Terminator’ Reboot Casts Jai Courtney as Kyle Reese

A fifth Terminator movie has been heavily rumored over the past three years, but now the project is finally coming together. The film seemingly began as a more straight-forward sequel with Justin Lin (Fast Five) directing, but a lot has (apparently) changed since then – with the project having been overhauled to serve as a reboot – one which may be titled Terminator: Genesis – of the 1980s-born sci-fi franchise, with Alan Taylor (Thor: The Dark World) calling the shots instead.

Arnold Schwarzenegger has long been attached to reprise his iconic Terminator role in the reboot as a futuristic killing machine with an “organic exoskeleton,” despite the actor being 66 years old now. Over the past few months, the rest of the main cast have progressively been filled out, with Game of Thrones star Emilia Clarke set as Sarah Connor, Jason Clarke (Zero Dark Thirty) tapped to play John Connor, and the shortlist of actors to play Kyle Reese having very recently narrowed down to two candidates.

Variety is reporting that Jai Courtney has secured the last remaining key role in the Terminator reboot (i.e. Reese), after Paramount Pictures and Skydance Productions – which are funding the project – looked at several other possible actor choices, including Hatfields & McCoys costars Boyd Holbrook and Sam Reid. However, it was ultimately the Spartacus TV series alum who secured the role, as was first brought to life thirty years ago by Michael Biehn in James Cameron’s original cult hit Terminator movie in 1984.

Courtney has done solid work as a supporting player in films like Tom Cruise’s pulpy action vehicle Jack Reacher and the supernatural comic book movie adaptation I, Frankenstein, though his leading role in A Good Day to Die Hard – where he played the grown-up son of Bruce Willis’ John McClane – didn’t do a whole lot to bolster his image as a charismatic action movie hero (though, that wasn’t exactly his fault).

Still, Reese has traditionally been an important footnote – not a key ingredient – in the over-aching Terminator saga, with other characters (like Sarah Connor in particular) serving as the real heart and soul of the narrative; even in Cameron’s original film, Biehn as Reese wasn’t really the protagonist. So, in that regard, Courtney seems like a more acceptable choice to handle the character, based on the respectable supporting character work he’s done in the past.

There’ve been rumors about what the plot of the Terminator reboot might entail, though nothing official has been announced yet. So, unless the script by Laeta Kalogridis (Bionic Woman) and Patrick Lussier (Drive Angry) deviates significantly from the traditional Terminator mythology – something that many fans might find appealing at this stage – then Reese will still be the unknowing father to John Connor, as the result of some time-travel plot mechanics that result in Courtney hooking up with Emilia Clarke as the young Sarah Connor (and mother to humanity’s future leader in the war against the machines).

That said, it seems as though the powers that be behind the Terminator reboot – including current rights owner Annapurna Pictures (American Hustle) – intend to embrace the trendy “shared universe” approach, as there is currently a tie-in TV series being developed to accompany the new Terminator movie trilogy being planned. So, if you’re among those who’ve long yearned for this franchise to shift its focus away from the Connor clan (and/or Schwarzenegger’s cyborg model), then you may get your wish – on the small screen, anyway.

The Terminator reboot is slated to begin filming by April 2014, for a July 1st, 2015 release date.

http://screenrant.com/terminator-5-k...-jai-courtney/
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:35 PM
    Liked 1,350 Times in 926 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by voivod View Post
    'Terminator 3' actor Nick Stahl missing in LA

LOS ANGELES — Los Angeles police say "Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines" actor Nick Stahl has been reported missing by his wife.

Police Officer Cleon Joseph confirmed on Thursday that the missing persons report was filed this week and the 32-year-old actor hasn't been found. The Los Angeles Times reports Stahl's wife last saw the actor on May 9.

Foul play isn't suspected.

People magazine reports the couple has been embroiled in a child custody fight.

Stahl was a child star who first got attention of his performance in the 1993 film "The Man Without a Face."

As an adult, he appeared in the 2003-2005 HBO series "Carnivale'" and in 2003's "Terminator 3" as John Connor. He also starred in "Mirrors 2" in 2010.

http://www.latimes.com/videogallery/...-Wolfe-reports
    You'll all be happy to know he was found safe in rehab on May 19, 2012!

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    A fifth Terminator movie has been heavily rumored over the past three years, but now the project is finally coming together. The film seemingly began as a more straight-forward sequel with Justin Lin (Fast Five) directing, but a lot has (apparently) changed since then – with the project having been overhauled to serve as a reboot – one which may be titled Terminator: Genesis – of the 1980s-born sci-fi franchise, with Alan Taylor (Thor: The Dark World) calling the shots instead.

Arnold Schwarzenegger has long been attached to reprise his iconic Terminator role in the reboot as a futuristic killing machine with an “organic exoskeleton,” despite the actor being 66 years old now. Over the past few months, the rest of the main cast have progressively been filled out, with Game of Thrones star Emilia Clarke set as Sarah Connor, Jason Clarke (Zero Dark Thirty) tapped to play John Connor, and the shortlist of actors to play Kyle Reese having very recently narrowed down to two candidates.

Variety is reporting that Jai Courtney has secured the last remaining key role in the Terminator reboot (i.e. Reese), after Paramount Pictures and Skydance Productions – which are funding the project – looked at several other possible actor choices, including Hatfields & McCoys costars Boyd Holbrook and Sam Reid. However, it was ultimately the Spartacus TV series alum who secured the role, as was first brought to life thirty years ago by Michael Biehn in James Cameron’s original cult hit Terminator movie in 1984.

Courtney has done solid work as a supporting player in films like Tom Cruise’s pulpy action vehicle Jack Reacher and the supernatural comic book movie adaptation I, Frankenstein, though his leading role in A Good Day to Die Hard – where he played the grown-up son of Bruce Willis’ John McClane – didn’t do a whole lot to bolster his image as a charismatic action movie hero (though, that wasn’t exactly his fault).

Still, Reese has traditionally been an important footnote – not a key ingredient – in the over-aching Terminator saga, with other characters (like Sarah Connor in particular) serving as the real heart and soul of the narrative; even in Cameron’s original film, Biehn as Reese wasn’t really the protagonist. So, in that regard, Courtney seems like a more acceptable choice to handle the character, based on the respectable supporting character work he’s done in the past.

There’ve been rumors about what the plot of the Terminator reboot might entail, though nothing official has been announced yet. So, unless the script by Laeta Kalogridis (Bionic Woman) and Patrick Lussier (Drive Angry) deviates significantly from the traditional Terminator mythology – something that many fans might find appealing at this stage – then Reese will still be the unknowing father to John Connor, as the result of some time-travel plot mechanics that result in Courtney hooking up with Emilia Clarke as the young Sarah Connor (and mother to humanity’s future leader in the war against the machines).

That said, it seems as though the powers that be behind the Terminator reboot – including current rights owner Annapurna Pictures (American Hustle) – intend to embrace the trendy “shared universe” approach, as there is currently a tie-in TV series being developed to accompany the new Terminator movie trilogy being planned. So, if you’re among those who’ve long yearned for this franchise to shift its focus away from the Connor clan (and/or Schwarzenegger’s cyborg model), then you may get your wish – on the small screen, anyway.

The Terminator reboot is slated to begin filming by April 2014, for a July 1st, 2015 release date.

http://screenrant.com/terminator-5-k...-jai-courtney/
    I have a headache already! I suppose since the whole thing was kicked off by time travel, they could start the same way and do a whole different story, saying the events of the first, uh, how many movies did there end up being?, uh, changed the characters so that that now changes the events in the past. You know - the old space-time continuum and all that!

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 04:54 PM
    Liked 413 Times in 248 Posts

Jason Clarke is a GREAT choice to play Connor. Jai Courtney as Reese?......Sorry but after Good Day to Die Hard, I personally think he should be on a container ship on its way to the North Pole....
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

15. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

Yawn.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]