Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind Of Truth!!
    Favorite VH Song

Stay Frosty Whooooo! Look Out!
    Last Online

12.03.17 @ 07:20 AM
    Liked 154 Times in 114 Posts

Donor

If you could have Eddie play a guitar solo exactly how you wanted him to...

What would you have him play nah nah??

I'd like to hear Eruption/a medley of horse, elephant, and bird noises ending with a rendition of The Star Spangled Banner/1812 Overture/a Black Sabbath riff/a Cream jam...a tune like Politician/a blues jam/Mean Street intro/Summertime/ and a finale call and response battle with Roth like an' ol' blues headcuttin' battle...a battle of the blues nah...Roth says Yeahoowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww and then Eddie makes his guitar sing it good...that's what I'm talkin' 'bout nah...Yez Yez...

I'd forbid him to play anything after '85 or Cathedral.
    Last edited by Blind Lemon Loons; 11.08.05 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Top Jimmy cooks
    ASHES TO ASHES...DUST TO DUST...IF THE WOMEN DON'T GET YA, THE WHISKEY MUST!!...

"I used to play the blues alone in all the local joints," he explained. 'The only thing that I can really play on guitar to this day is the blues. I heard Doc Watson and his son playing 15 years ago, and from there I got into Leadbelly and John Lee Hooker."--DLR

If you pay attention -- what I sing, the guitar sings, too, and what the guitar says, I say.--Mississippi Fred McDowell

Favorite VH Album

All of 'em
    Favorite VH Song

Top Jimmy/Runaround
    Last Online

08.21.17 @ 12:12 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

Default If you could have Eddie play a guitar solo exactly how you wanted him to...

...bring some chicks
    One noticeable difference between Judas Priest and Metallica...
    ...Judas Priest only has one gay guy in the band.

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

This would have to be done correctly...

The house would have a pool, a BBQ, and a few big screens.

We would set up in the garage. I'd be on bass, Stuart Copeland would be on drums, and Ed would have a small set-up.

Also in attendance would be a keg, liters of wine, some terrific ganja and some blond lebonese hash.

I think brautwurst and burgers (alongside potato salad, beans and corn on the cob) would be great fuel for us on the BBQ.

We'd retire to the garage, and warm up on some tunes from the first two Police albums (no vocal mikes).

As the afternoon passed (with bathroom, sports and party breaks) we'd go through perhaps the Cream catalogue, some Johnny Winter, Mountain, Trapeze, James Gang, Led Zeppelin, Who, Mott The Hoople, Rory Gallagher and Blind Faith tunes.

And as much as I burped or farted, I wouldn't tell Ed how to play anything, other than the fucking chords to a particular song.

I'd record the entire mess on a boom-box or a cruddy four track...and it would be mine, and mine alone.

(OK, mine until Copeland started bugging me for a copy.)

Then I'd have to clean the entire house, patio and garage before the wife got home.

...craig
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Favorite VH Album

fair warning, women & children
    Favorite VH Song

unchained,take your whiskey
    Last Online

11.30.15 @ 02:22 PM
    Liked 14 Times in 8 Posts

Donor

funny, i was just thinking about this yesterday..i want to hear some throw down, kick and lick my ass blues..just 20 mins of Ed playing how he feels in 12 bar measures..over and over..just let it go...so that when he was done, he would drop his guitar, exhale, thank me and walk off to start a new chapter in his life, having exorcised his demons, ready to blaze again throughout RnR!

Then he could play his version of "Satch Boogie/Eruption" for an encore and i'd be cool
    Eddie is the greatest, period

The Unofficial VHLinks RRHOF

SkyyeFM-Radio without the Rules(Webpage)

Hang 'Em High Blind Lemon Loons's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Donor

Drivin' you from the mildew to the bar b que nah nah yez

Cool, cool posts right here one time! Damn, Chefcraig--that's some vision you got goin' right there...sounds like Chef Craig's No Holds Hotpit Bar-B-Que.

Perticelli, Ize likes the idea of Eddie playin' some blues fo' sho'!! I've heard a lotta mofos try to degrade Eddie's blues chops...but I've always been diggin' his blues leanings...and Law'd have mercy...one of his idols is Eric Clapton('specially the Cream years)...who we all know is a blues fanatic to this very day nah...I can't listen to Eddie's solo from the 1984 Tour enough when he jammed on,"Sittin' On Top Of The World," with Al/...an' that tribute to E.C. he played with Brian May/..."Heartbreak Hotel," from the '83 South American Tour...that's the psychedelic hillbilly rockabilly rock n roll blues right there nah...
    ASHES TO ASHES...DUST TO DUST...IF THE WOMEN DON'T GET YA, THE WHISKEY MUST!!...

"I used to play the blues alone in all the local joints," he explained. 'The only thing that I can really play on guitar to this day is the blues. I heard Doc Watson and his son playing 15 years ago, and from there I got into Leadbelly and John Lee Hooker."--DLR

If you pay attention -- what I sing, the guitar sings, too, and what the guitar says, I say.--Mississippi Fred McDowell

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

VH I
    Favorite VH Song

I\'m The One
    Last Online

05.01.13 @ 03:09 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I would have Ed play the first six records with Alex playing drums, Michael playing bass and Diamond Dave singing!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 01:55 PM
    Liked 4,805 Times in 2,453 Posts

Premium Member

I would play the outro chord progression to Mr. Crowley and tell him to jam over on top of me.

I always wanted to hear what he would sound like with a minor chord progression.

Last Online

12.14.17 @ 02:43 PM
    Liked 727 Times in 344 Posts

If I could have Eddie play a guitar solo exactly how I wanted him to, I'd have him play.............................................. ..........................SOBER!!!!!!!!!
    "Having an opinion that people disagree with doesn't make you a Douche, arguing with the people who disagree with your opinion and calling them stupid does!" -Me.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Honestly, if the situation ever developed and it was me and Ed and he's taking requests...I dunno. I guess I'd ask him to play some Cream and then just sit back and watch him do his thing. I'd even watch him play cello.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

08.27.17 @ 09:39 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 105 Posts

A head-cutting duel between EVH and Vai would allow me to die in peace.
    Just go for it!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

07.13.17 @ 06:45 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I'd have him play....in my living room!!!!!

Last Online

12.14.17 @ 12:42 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BREW CREW
    A head-cutting duel between EVH and Vai would allow me to die in peace.

AMEN to that brother............
    "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............... Dirty Harry

Hang 'Em High Blind Lemon Loons's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Donor

Or...if you could map out Eddie's solo for one night in particular...what would you have him play??...unless your content with the same ol' solo he played throughout the Van Hagar years...the Eruption/Mean Street intro/Cathedral/Fur Elise solo...not complaining...but a guy like Ed that can play ANYTHING...should...

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Lemon Loons
    Or...if you could map out Eddie's solo for one night in particular...what would you have him play??...unless your content with the same ol' solo he played throughout the Van Hagar years...the Eruption/Mean Street intro/Cathedral/Fur Elise solo...not complaining...but a guy like Ed that can play ANYTHING...should...

O.K.

(Live audience cheers) David Lee Roth points at Ed, and goes to get some libation.

Ed Van Halen starts into the "Mean Street" slap and tickle, holds that note (I use an "A", up loud when my wife isn't home), then pauses.

He looks toward the audience, seemingly bewildered...then launches into Cream"s "CrossRoads".

His dim-bulb brother jumps onto his drum kit, bassist Mike Anthony never left the stage.

The song is blasted through, the rythm section parts the stage as Ed hits some highly disonant(sp) notes...I'd love to hear some "noodling": "Still Alive And Well", "The Rover", ect...

The "noodling" leads to an unacompanied version of "Push Comes To Shove", including an extended free-form section.

For no apparent reason, (this would segue into the return of the rythm section) Ed starts jamming on "Emminence Front", by The Who...a good minor key riff.

This would go on for (depending upon one's tolerance or devotion) anywhere between 2-7 minutes.

Then, we get "Eruption", along with the drum parts...

Then instead of "You Really Got Me", the entire band launches into a blues-soaked line of fire: "Take Your Whiskey Home"/"Fools"/"The Full Bug"/"Sinner's Swing".

With this, I could live without "316", and "Spanish Fly" is on the second record.

Guess I went off track again, eh?

...craig
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw